Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tracking The Developing French Low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Hi There

I have been trying to see if this front from France will het as West as Reading? Do you think it will swing west as it hits the UK or stay as an Eastern event?

Cheers

I think it will be as far West as Reading, the heavier stuff may be in East Anglia but Central Southern England should see some moderate snow later from it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
By the way, it's groundhog day on this side of the ocean.

Great film

Guess snow for next 40 days then ?

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs153.gif

Certainly looks like nowhere should miss out on the snow as when it moves into Northern England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland & SW England it slows down, in fact pretty much stalls so these areas should have snow all through the night and much of tommorow.

Some quite high freezing levels heading up the eastern side.

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
I think it will be as far West as Reading, the heavier stuff may be in East Anglia but Central Southern England should see some moderate snow later from it.

Interesting thoughts. The latest BBC News24 forecast has the snow over Kent, then moving through London and East Anglia and into the East Midlands. Nothing mentioned for anything further west, not even for Sussex, so starting to get a bit confused ! LOL

Posted

Le Neige Nouveau Est Arrivé !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weathe...dar/europe.html

Compare that to the showers we've had??? if that is all snow ,and set to 'pep up' as it crosses the North Sea,......

Posted
I think that "neige" is feminine, so should be "la neige" and "arrivée" - I'm such a pedant!

emphasising the trivial points of learning...like it like it lol

Posted
I think that "neige" is feminine, so should be "la neige" and "arrivée" - I'm such a pedant!

Ruddy students! :o

emphasising the trivial points of learning...like it like it lol

OK, OK, the French low has arrived here with a steady fall of snow - not yet a blizzard! :o

Posted
Ruddy students! :o

Yeah, and I study biochemistry! :o :yahoo:

Looking forward to the low's arrival, should give Nottingham a persistant fall of snow, and avoiding the mild sector.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

According to xcweather, current soundings have a 990mb low over Orleans, France.

Radar now has the precipitation over the south east.

Posted

What is the current track/wind direction of this snow moving overe from France? I'm in Swanley Kent but it looks like its just going to skim past me...I also notice the METO warning we had in red has now changed back to orange.

Edited by GarethK

Posted

Any idea if the band of snow will reach as far West as Leicestershire? I think it will clip us but BBC charts show it could be touch and go.

Posted

UK regions:60% Yorkshire & Humber

60% North East England

Heavy Snow, Drifting Snow & Blizzards 1800 Mon 2 1200 Tue 3

There is a moderate risk of an extreme event affecting many parts of the northeast of England. Further heavy, drifting snow with blizzard conditions in places is likely, more particularly over higher ground where further accumulations of 20 to 30cm of snow are possible.

Issued at: 1033 Mon 2 Feb

Fortunately for me, i've been upgraded to red and already have 8cm on the ground.

Posted
What is the current track/wind direction of this snow moving overe from France? I'm in Swanley Kent but it looks like its just going to skim past me...I also notice the METO warning we had in red has now changed back to orange.

meto have put a warnng out for tuesday for hampshire, portsmouth and southampton...ooer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
meto have put a warnng out for tuesday for hampshire, portsmouth and southampton...ooer

i know and its still snowing now this wintry weather is like gold lol to us down here :(

mind you its thawing bigtime maybe the warm sector is already here it would seem that way. :(

Edited by badboy657

Posted

It's funny because my initial fear about this band of sleet and snow was that it might turn to sleet and rain here on the back edge later on tonight. Now my fear is that it won't get this far West!!! Hmmm if it's not one thing it's another. Going to be squeky bum time for me this afternoon as I track that band of snow :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
Any idea if the band of snow will reach as far West as Leicestershire? I think it will clip us but BBC charts show it could be touch and go.

I think this is the area which I think will get some decent snow!! :(post-6830-1233576028_thumb.png