Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
The milder air will not make it further inland. It may clip the coastal SE areas. I would not be surprised no mild sector comes to our shores.

What even more interesting is the second band of snow which is now merging with the first band coming from France. This could wrap around and give several inches before moving off :(:)

As for tomorrow, the SE may see more snow than what the MetO are currently forecasting. Best check out the model thread for great updates :)

Also, Joe the plumber from Accuweather got this prediction spot on just like the previous cold spell we had. He has made mistakes in the past just like famous and non famous forecasters.........

To say I'm excited is an understatement right now as 50 cm so far is amazing for the SE. Don't forget that this snow depth will surpass 50 cm later on and guess what, it is snowing even heavier as I type :)

Really? More tomorrow? How come :o

Snowing nicely now, about 6cm at 35m ASL. Temp is dangerous though, 1.6C and a DewP of +0.1C! :(

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
I switched on Sky Sports as soon as I read your message..... Keano's coming home...let's hope it gets done..what a brilliant day! :(

Strange thing.....tonight's game Bradford v Darlington could still be on, despite the snow they've had.....but tomorrow's Arsenal v Cardiff game is already off!!!

In the old days I remember Arsenal used to be one of the first with undersoil heating. Perhaps they forgot to instl it at the Emirates :o

But it demonstrates just how much snow London has had. I have NEVER heard of a game at a top flight London club being called off for snow the DAY BEFORE the game. :)

Its due to safety of the fans, nothing wrong with out underground heating :(

Posted

What makes you think that Dave? I mean I'd expect it on coastal areas such as felixstowe, and around sizewell as it's right on the sea but tbh we're a good few miles inland,15 miles ish. I hope your wrong

Posted
Slightly tongue-in-cheek this, but... when did a period of snow or snow storm or snowy / wintry / rainy / story spell become an 'event'?! I know language changes, but I can't stand this phrase used for any slightly-above-average weather - yes, language changes, but this one really is silly!

John Humphries chastised one of the forecasters for using this newish (in this context, anyway) word 'event'! If something happening is an event then, well, perhaps event-ually everyone will be using this phrase for everything! On a slightly serious point, I wonder if many the questions relating to "Has the event finished', or "When will the snow event hit me?" would not be being asked if the phrase snowy period was used - it's not a one-off, it's a series of snowfalls (although luckily for those South and apparently West and North of me as well, it's almost non-stop! I blame the dumbing-down forecasters on the telly for this nonsense. Bring back the old charts with isobars and explanations, get rid of the baby-talk on the forecasts!

Light snow here in Norwich still with the thaw apparently accelerating - I can actually hear water gurgling down my drainpipes. Harrumph

Anyway, I must go as I have a driving event imminent to get to Tesco so I can have a shopping event. If I don't do this, the dining event I am having this evening will not happen! I hope it is an uneventful journey: don't want a car-crash event to put a stop to this eventful day I am having!

All of our supermarkets here are closed due to the severe 50cm snow :( Are yours open?

Posted
The milder air will not make it further inland. It may clip the coastal SE areas. I would not be surprised no mild sector comes to our shores.

What even more interesting is the second band of snow which is now merging with the first band coming from France. This could wrap around and give several inches before moving off :(:)

As for tomorrow, the SE may see more snow than what the MetO are currently forecasting. Best check out the model thread for great updates :(

Also, Joe the plumber from Accuweather got this prediction spot on just like the previous cold spell we had. He has made mistakes in the past just like famous and non famous forecasters.........

To say I'm excited is an understatement right now as 50 cm so far is amazing for the SE. Don't forget that this snow depth will surpass 50 cm later on and guess what, it is snowing even heavier as I type :o

I think you are exaggerating slightly to say there has been 50 level centimetres. maybe 30 .

so has the main event started now ?

Posted
I switched on Sky Sports as soon as I read your message..... Keano's coming home...let's hope it gets done..what a brilliant day! :(

Strange thing.....tonight's game Bradford v Darlington could still be on, despite the snow they've had.....but tomorrow's Arsenal v Cardiff game is already off!!!

In the old days I remember Arsenal used to be one of the first with undersoil heating. Perhaps they forgot to instl it at the Emirates :)

But it demonstrates just how much snow London has had. I have NEVER heard of a game at a top flight London club being called off for snow the DAY BEFORE the game. :o

They cancelled it for the H&S of fans apparently. Sensible i suppose.

Snowing fairly heavily again now, i wonder if Tesco sell sledges??!!

Posted
Moderate snow in Central London (nr Oxford Circus)

Roads and pavements have generally been cleared though where snow has accumalated on ledges etc, a level 10+ inches lays.

Very lonely afternoon in the office coming up - everyone has gone home (I am checked into the hotel next door as a drive to Bromley - 14 inches reported two miles from my house - would have been insane)

Very Wise Stu

No unneccessary risks Mate, stay safe, seriously worried about going into work tomorrow myself now as we are getting clobbered out here big stylee as well.

1980's winters dont ya just love em, this is what I told my kids most winters were like when I was their age, fantastic stuff

Paul S

Posted
All of our supermarkets here are closed due to the severe 50cm snow :D Are yours open?

Yep - things are pretty normal in my part of Norfolk. We had much more snow back in November

Having said that, been snowing a bit more heavily here in tyhe last 10 minutes, and it seems like it is settling again on the roads and roofs. Thank goodness for that. Just hope it does not turn to sleet. Will be intgersting to see what happens as it gets darker (theoretically colder) but with this wedge of (relatively) warmer air being drawn in around this low pressure as it moves up from the continent. A snowy battle royale hopefully!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
They cancelled it for the H&S of fans apparently. Sensible i suppose.

I think you, I and Essexgooner know the real reason.....they want more time to prepare for the Big One :D

Posted

Here's how it is in Swanley and yes that is a snow plough...

DSCI2084.jpg

Should be getting colder soon i hope, its still snowing light to moderate and has done for the past hour.

Edited by GarethK

Posted

Snow still falling moderately in Bexleyheath. Been out with my tape measure, and have recorded 19cm - approx 7 inches :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
1980's winters dont ya just love em, this is what I told my kids most winters were like when I was their age, fantastic stuff

Paul S

Paul... the way things are going with the current conditions, the immediate forecast and the way the models are panning out, this could leave anything we saw in the eighties far behind :D

Posted

just light sleet now, and i think a bit rain to :( ,looks like that is it for snow,the next lot over france is def rain,xc weather france chart, shows rain reports in northern france :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Ipswich still getting hammered Im pleased to report....and if its snowing at 1.9oC on kent coast we won't have much to worry about... still 0oC (just above) and ok dewpoint :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
This is just light showers before the main EVENT!!!!! (Sorry, couldnt resist). Just got a text from the main band of snow from France - he said he's just stopping at City Europe to get some cheap Stella and fags and will be over to dump on us all!

Luv it!

Stu_London, love your sig.

Southampton: 0.0 but falling, dew point -2.7

Who broke Raintoday.com????

Kate