Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
I reckon its going to merge with the north....then stall then move S/E

That would be ace. If it was to stall north of us then everything in the SW S ect would have to move over us.

But im just dreaming that at the moment.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Here in Burnham on Sea sleet has turned to wet snow & temperature has dropped from +2.5 to +1.5 over the past 2 hours. Its going in the right direction but if the precipitation had arrived 6 hours later as forecast it would have started as snow instead of struggling to settle. :D

Severe Weather Warning for heavy snow for much of SE Wales from Meto, note this is the second warning not the one for ice above.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/...t_warnings.html

Eira man yn chwythu yn y gwynt fan hyn yn Nyffryn Aman

Light snow grains blowing in the wind here in the Amman Valley

Good sign as it certainly wasn't expected that far west.

Posted
Why does it always rain on me.... :D

Snow reports all sides of me now and we cant do better than sleety rain! Cant believe its snowing in Exeter and South Devon but not here! unfortunately an old lady in the village is ill tonight but the doctor apparently cant get here due to ice on the road!! :D:doh:

lol this is what you call a snow shield!

Edit: lol when i do that it turns more to snow! maybe i should do that more often...

it's not snowing here mate just rain

Posted
Still light sleet here, not so good :)

HI ya maybe we should start a new thread for us poor folks getting nothing but rain/sleet :doh: .. just when i thought it couldnt get any worse i now see south devon is getting lightning :D .. You should of heard me swearing oooo the air was blue :) .. I even went outside and shook my fist at the sky.. i will be carted away at this rate by the men in white coats :D

lol kaz x

Posted

Is someone having a laugh here?

boscastle, cornwall = 1.0c sleet, Exeter and paignton, devon, level with plymouth, on the south coast = snow....plymouth 3oc and heavy rain.

I am honestly at a loss on this one

Edited by Paul T

Posted
Hi BB. It's definitely not as cold as last night. Our lying snow here was still thawing tonite at 8 o'clock. I'm convinced this band is going to veer off NE in next hour or so and the main stuff will miss us.

Hey

Well according to the GFS (in our favour) everything is going to plan except it came a little quicker then expected. As somebody else said the main lot will go NW of us and then start to move in a S/E direction. By this time the cold air would have digged in enough and could bring heavy snow once again. GFS is looking good for once, only difference is it is a little more west then expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

How long before this thing veers to a more easterly direction? looks like going to far north of mid somerset if it continues

Posted

I know, But we were expecting bad snow up here this morning which we didnt have until about 10ish and then it barely stuck , sticking thawin, stucking thawing etc. It topped up the fields a good inch and a half again but the pavements nothing really apart on the patches of snow lying aroud as most of the ground is frozen snow here

Posted

I wonder will this front make it as far north as West Midlands, North and East Wales?

Posted
Severe Weather Warning for heavy snow for much of SE Wales from Meto, note this is the second warning not the one for ice above.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/...t_warnings.html

Good sign as it certainly wasn't expected that far west.

S/E WALES isnt to far from us....it gets better by the hr..going to check the lampost

Posted
How long before this thing veers to a more easterly direction? looks like going to far north of mid somerset if it continues

Starting to rotate east if you look at the radar animation

Edited by chapmanslade

Posted
Is someone having a laugh here?

boscastle, cornwall = 1.0c sleet, Exeter and paignton, devon, level with plymouth, on the south coast = snow....plymouth 3oc and heavy rain.

I am honestly at a loss on this one

Dont worry im in east Devon and theres snow all around me in all 4 directions just a few miles away in some cases but here in the middle the best we can do is sleet.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
Hey

Well according to the GFS (in our favour) everything is going to plan except it came a little quicker then expected. As somebody else said the main lot will go NW of us and then start to move in a S/E direction. By this time the cold air would have digged in enough and could bring heavy snow once again. GFS is looking good for once, only difference is it is a little more west then expected.

Still mod snow but not settling; not even on cars! Last night settled straight away on every surface. Is colder air about to undercut and change this? Main belt will veer east north east i fear.

Posted

Oh my god! its sooo close to us now!

Posted
GET THE CANS OUT glos guys its here :D:)

only small but definitely HERE

I really hope that if it starts shifting east then the stuff in the SW moves up and follows the east track over us!.

It would be wicked to get all of that streaming across us.