Yes should be getting light snow very soon

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Light / Moderate Snow has fallen since 2pm leaving another layer on top of the 5inch snow that's already there! Still light snow flakes. Not really happy with the media here in Wales, you wouldnt think that the snow has fallen apart for Merthyr Tudfil and Cardiff! Here in North West Wales our village hasn't seen bus service for two days, had 5inch of snow, 8inch Drifts, No Primary School since Monday (that makes it 4days off now), and yet BBC Wales said on Tuesday morning that the North West and Gwynedd hadn't seen a single flake! Maybe our population is lower than the rest of Wales but that dosen't make it right to totally forget us, Get your facts right first BBC!

Temperature now at -0.2C with light snow - Looking out for Heavy Snow again Monday Night - Hope no snow is forecast in Preston on Sunday, got a brass band contest at the Guild Hall!!

Is there a faster way to upload photos into NetWeather!?

Posted

I can't see how this arm is going to swing east at the moment. If it stalls then some parts are in for an absolute pasting. Maybe it will swing east.

Incredibly heavy snow here.

BREAKING NEWS: More than 100 motorists trapped on the A38 in blizzards near Exeter. Though apparently now turned there to freezing rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Beeb and MetO say sleet for bristol. Channel 4 say snow. I think it's snow at the moment.

Sleet at best here, the occasional big flake here and there. No way as good as last night at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

More snow here than anytime over the last week, rapidly approaching 4 inches, and still falling heavily, thats 3.5 hours worth now... and looking at the radar the best is yet to come! The red working its way between Exeter and Plymouth :D:)

Edit: Yup, trapped on Haldon Hill, police and gritters can't get thru and its all just piling up behind them

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
I know, But we were expecting bad snow up here this morning which we didnt have until about 10ish and then it barely stuck , sticking thawin, stucking thawing etc. It topped up the fields a good inch and a half again but the pavements nothing really apart on the patches of snow lying aroud as most of the ground is frozen snow here

Thats something for it to top the fields up,all there wants now is a strong wind to blow it on the roads,something that is lacking with this cold spell a proper drifting.

It`s still snowing here the same as before,it`s dying over me. :D

Looks like it`s coming in from the south at quite a pace.

Posted
GET THE CANS OUT glos guys its here :(:(

only small but definitely HERE

Just gonna have to do the good old waiting game now Just watched the first half of the national with mr betsy looks like we are in for a pasting/angwin said snow affecting most parts of the region exception somerset

Edited by smarty81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

At last, proper SNOW!!

I didn't bother with sleet reports as it was depressing me, as well as reading that Ilminster, only about 10 miles East, has 2" already. :(

EDIT: and it's immediately pitching on very wet hard surfaces! :(

Edited by Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

This is incredible, four nights in a row - in SOMERSET!!!???? Been snowing heavily here for at least an hour and a half, another 2-3 inches topping up the still thick, laying snow. It's a bit warmer here tonight at just 0c, really hoping it doesn't turn to rain; is it supposed to?

Posted
At last, proper SNOW!!

I didn't bother with sleet reports as it was depressing me, as well as reading that Ilminster, only about 10 miles East, has 2" already. :(

Sorry..but its true....your turn now.. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Yup, ditto here... just keeps on falling, its piling up the windows now... oddly winds from the North/ North East

Posted

Darren Bett on the NATIONAL forecast didn't mention Wales & snow ONCE.

Not even the VERY FAR Southeast, which was in the risk zone for a bit of snow anyway!!

Posted

Just watching BBC news weather forecast. Heavy snow tonight for somerset (bar west somerset), into Wilts, Gloucs, but BTL looked right on edge i'm afraid. South Wales not in snow picture, i'm afraid.

Posted
Just watching BBC news weather forecast. Heavy snow tonight for somerset (bar west somerset), into Wilts, Gloucs, but BTL looked right on edge i'm afraid. South Wales not in snow picture, i'm afraid.

Met office wrong then?

Posted

Weat Somerset where the hell is that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
Maybe our population is lower than the rest of Wales but that dosen't make it right to totally forget us, Get your facts right first BBC!

Its just as bad here in Pembs. Been snowing all day, yet according to the BBC

at lunchtime, it was a dry day! As for thier news coverage... dont get me started. If it aint Cardiff/Swansea it Dont exist!

woody