Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
I have a slight retreat of the sleety green on radar

The colour (pink/green/blue) to indicate rain/sleet/snow is just an indication based on the GFS data and is likely to be inaccurate in setups like this.

Posted
We got snow in Barry, must've been sleet first as it's taken a long time to start settling

lets hope it does the same here in Newport.

Still sleet here

Posted
I know the media do exaggerate, but this story about 200 motorists stranded near Exeter is pretty serious stuff:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/E...Weather_Worsens

They are reporting TWO FOOT of snow!!!!!

If this continues this might be the worst snowstorm to hit the southwest since the Great Blizzard of February 19th 1978 when Devon and Cornwall were cut off from the rest of England. Bit of a way to go until that but it is absolutely hammering down with snow here. Incredible scenes.

Lol not quite that good yet,only just turning to snow on the north cornwall coast,DP 0.1 + falling just hope i dont run out of precipitation.

Posted
this is over me B)

Hi Kaz - you still getting rain? It's been snow all the way here. Just that little bit of elevation seems to have made a big difference. Started off wettish but still began to settle. Since then it's been hammering down with snow - a thick blanket and drifting. It's an amazing sight. Never seen so much snow falling so fast.

Posted
Don't bother would be my advice! main band has not started to tract east but id say we should i hope get alot more and we have nearly 1 foot laying of snow

Great!!!!

The roads were clear this morning......what are they like now??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Just started getting wet snow in barnstaple. Not settling as the temp is a little to high damn.

Posted
this is over me B)

My guess that isn't really moving anywhere fast. Hence the heavy snow reported by WIB.

Once again the meto, beeb, etc need to take a good long hard look at themselves IMO.

Posted

I see the police are reporting 200 vehicles are trapped on the A38 just outside Exeter, sorry if this has already been said, but that has to be a worry, reading some of the reports of conditions down there?

On Sky news now!

And you get Geoff Hoon on Question time saying Monday was a once in a 18 year event - doh!

Edited by ribster

Posted

the snow has returned with a vengeance its real heavy i cant see down the road no more than 30 yards flake size is the size of a 50p coin and i swear i saw gtc lightning..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Great!!!!

The roads were clear this morning......what are they like now??

a37 is just about impassable and all other roads are impassable

if we get heavier stuff later then no chance

Posted
Sorry, being mr.thickie here. what exactly r u saying?

B)

blue rain..........green sleet..pink ARMAGEDDON.LOL.... SNOW mate

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Hi Kaz - you still getting rain? It's been snow all the way here. Just that little bit of elevation seems to have made a big difference. Started off wettish but still began to settle. Since then it's been hammering down with snow - a thick blanket and drifting. It's an amazing sight. Never seen so much snow falling so fast.

hi ya no turned to snow about 45 mins ago .. very wet but not settling .. do u think it will? hubby's on nights at south molton said its coming down there to so they are hoping it will settle so they can come home B)

lol kaz xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Well thaw continues slowly, can count the flakes falling here as there are so few! Enjoy, those with the blizzards, and be safe.

I did say SouthWest is best tonight-

West- how much have you got- I doubt the stranded motorists have 2 Feet lying, but maybe drifted 2 feet- You couldnt accumlate that much in such a short space of time no matter how hard it fell- The best PPN rates the UK ever gets is 3 inches an hour- so that indicates 8 hours of snowfall- which we know isnt true-

Enjoy the snow folks- Just be safe-

S

Posted

I did say SouthWest is best tonight-

West- how much have you got- I doubt the stranded motorists have 2 Feet lying, but maybe drifted 2 feet- You couldnt accumlate that much in such a short space of time no matter how hard it fell- The best PPN rates the UK ever gets is 3 inches an hour- so that indicates 8 hours of snowfall- which we know isnt true-

Enjoy the snow folks- Just be safe-

S

Awe..He's so jealous..!!!

Edited by NickSomerset

Posted

Hope this continues north to me you lucky gits B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Tell you what Nick, you are not wrong. This is going to be absolute chaos. It is absolutely hammering down with snow here. Quite incredible.

There are going to be some very red faces in the morning too because this is now highly highly dangerous for being out - I mean I would think life-threatening if you were caught in this. It's a whiteout.

Sounds like a very severe event is occuring down there Richard. Please keep us updated mate.

Once in a 30+ year event happening I guess. TWO FOOT of snow falling in less than 3 hours!!!! I just can't imagine it B)

Really feel for all those stranded motorists though. Very little warning, so most I assume went out in there car very unprepared!

Seasons

Posted
a37 is just about impassable and all other roads are impassable

if we get heavier stuff later then no chance

lets hope it continues to snow then (as long as no one gets hurt)!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Getting on for 7inches up here now, it just keeps falling, all the bushes and trees are laden with it, and the table out front looks about a foot higher than before.

Looks pretty crap night for the drivers stuck out on the A38, the MO really got this one wrong.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt