Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
people without locations in your signaturse could you put them in.as most of us dont know when you are fromreporting,,,,,

temp here still 1.9......the snow is on knife edge with sleet here at present <_< <_<

if anything this sleet has sped up the thaw

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Some very heavy pulses on the radar this evening across the SW, going to be armageddon down there in the morning!!! Even the Met Office could be short-staffed!!

Posted

HEAVY PULSES off Paignton

The flakes seem more decent now......floating like the real stuff <_<

snap Nick.F..lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh my god i have never seen that before!!!

We just got a couple of flashes of lightning!! and its hammering it down, that light blue ppn is building over us.

Posted

Thought it was starting to freeze and stick here, but the lad's just come in and it's very slushy.

I presume the really heavy stuff is kinda stuck over devon and south somerset?

Posted

wth?

it has started snowing here. very light atm, but definite signs.

have they got the precipitation track wrong AGAIN, because this was not on the forecast earlier?

Posted

my my very heavy wet snow here not settling as temps a wee bit to high but it is coming down really hard ... radar looking good.. if temps would just dip a bit it would be fab

kaz xx

Posted
Thought it was starting to freeze and stick here, but the lad's just come in and it's very slushy.

I presume the really heavy stuff is kinda stuck over devon and south somerset?

I have a slight retreat of the sleety green on radar

Posted
Oh my god i have never seen that before!!!

We just got a couple of flashes of lightning!! and its hammering it down, that light blue ppn is building over us.

Mullender - did you read my post before?

I work near you, and wondered what my journey may be like in the morning.....already had 3 treacherous days in my car!!!

Posted

Tell you what Nick, you are not wrong. This is going to be absolute chaos. It is absolutely hammering down with snow here. Quite incredible.

There are going to be some very red faces in the morning too because this is now highly highly dangerous for being out - I mean I would think life-threatening if you were caught in this. It's a whiteout.

Posted
already had more here than we did last night!!!!

LOVE IT

Really? Because i live in Weston.. Down the road. And we had about 45 mins of sleet, which is making it hard for the snow to settle.

<_<

Posted

Crickey, a little unexpected this!

Left work (on the southern outskirts of exter) just after seven when it started to rain with some sleet mixed in. Saw the gritters were heading out towards the A38 etc. About 8pm it was still rain with some sleet but then by nine it had turned to wet snow and has been chucking it down since. Since around ten it has been proper snow and now have about an inch covering the roads which were soaking wet only an hour before. I'm at the lowest point in exeter so if i'm getting this here then further inland (eg M5 corridor, east devon) must be horrible for anyone out travelling. If it clears and the temp then drops it looks like being very icy tomorrow.

Cheers

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Mullender - did you read my post before?

I work near you, and wondered what my journey may be like in the morning.....already had 3 treacherous days in my car!!!

Don't bother would be my advice! main band has not started to tract east but id say we should i hope get alot more and we have nearly 1 foot laying of snow

Posted
Really? Because i live in Weston.. Down the road. And we had about 45 mins of sleet, which is making it hard for the snow to settle.

<_<

it started here as sleet, and everywhere was wet.....starting to stick nicely now!!!