Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Posted

Moderate snow shower to the east, now a very cold day(1c) but sun coming out more often. Hills round the Firth very white again above 1000feetpost-2744-1238242995_thumb.jpg

Posted

can anyone view this website http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ ? it wont load on my PC, Website is a map of weather stations across leeds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
can anyone view this website http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/ ? it wont load on my PC, Website is a map of weather stations across leeds

I use it a lot, but it won't work for me either. Wunderground must be down or something.

Posted

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

thanks 4 reply

So far had 1 short heavy rain shower at about 10am, from then on constant cloud cover with on and off heavy hail, with rain mixed in the lighter bursts. I doubt anywhere atm will be experiencing snow in england, probably above 350m if that.

Posted

A lovely convective day in Manchester with hail showers on and off and beautiful cb clouds - bright wide in the sun.

Col as well in the northerly wind.

I wish we could keep this weather for next week rather than the boring high pressure!

Karyo

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

uggggggggggggggg this is so unfair its like 5c and sunny, 5 mins a go a snow shower was heading my way and then it changed course uggggggggggggggggggg its so unfair, even people in the south west of england have got hail which was not forecasted! :mellow:

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted
uggggggggggggggg this is so unfair its like 5c and sunny and a snow shower was heading my way and then i was so excitted and then it changed course uggggggggggggggggggg and even people in the south west of england have got hail which was not forecasted!

At least you have some clear, blustery and crisp weather FrostyJoe! :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Had some snow flurries earlier on up in Highland Perthshire. Back here in Dundee it is dry and bright at 5.0C with a fresh Northerly wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Had some hail/sleet and even some snow showers today.

Posted
Temp 2.1C, Dewpoint -2.1C and its snowing :mellow:

Looks like the -10 upper air has reached you

Posted

Light showers of rain and hail,which are getting more frequent as the afternoon goes on.

Rather windy with the temp at 8c

Posted

The NW radar must be iffy today. Says I am under some moderate/heavy PPN - but there is absolutely nothing falling out of the sky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
The NW radar must be iffy today. Says I am under some moderate/heavy PPN - but there is absolutely nothing falling out of the sky!

Had the same problems here. :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

It'll probably be because these showers are moving very fast indeed and keep bubbling up & fading away. It makes tracking them quite tricky!

Lots of showers (of sleet/rain/hail) with sunshine inbetween giving classic spring northerly conditions. Getting caught out by one of these horizontal hail showers on a bike was not fun at all! Still I do enjoy this kind weather so no complaints here!

9.6c our max now 8.6c.

Posted
It'll probably be because these showers are moving very fast indeed and keep bubbling up & fading away. It makes tracking them quite tricky!

Lots of showers (of sleet/rain/hail) with sunshine inbetween giving classic spring northerly conditions. Getting caught out by one of these horizontal hail showers on a bike was not fun at all! Still I do enjoy this kind weather so no complaints here!

9.6c our max now 8.6c.

Yeah give me this over spring warmth any day! Temperature is fluctuating wildly. Went from 7c to 4.5c in just a few minutes - and that was from just a bit of cloud cover! Shows how strong the sun is at this time of year I guess.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 5c

Outdoor humidity 64%

Pressure 1009mb

Wind direction West

Wind speed 10mph

Gust 16mph

Cloud Height 2692ft

Wet Bulb 2c

Rain in last 24hours 6mm

Total rainfall This Month 108.5mm

Dew Point -2c

Wind Chill -2c

Weather Clear dry sunny bright. This morning we had some snow showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Vicious little hail storm just now, hail falling at 45° angle in the wind... 22mph gusting to 36mph.

Typical spring day. :mellow:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

After a dry early to mid morning been a mixture of showers wintry at times and sunny spells. Much cooler and a cool day at 7.6C Winds Northerly F4 Fresh breeze. Present temp 5.1c.

Guest Shetland Coastie

Well its stopped snowing, its sunny but the the temp is below freezing at -0.1C and the dewpoint is -3.3C, coldest its been for a while :mellow:

Edited by Shetland Coastie

Posted

Certainly a fresh day here, however, we haven't caught any showers all day plenty of threatening cloud, the wind has made it feel very raw indeed, I've been helping out with lambing time up in the hills and it was very cold indeed - very blue hands.

Hills have a full cover from about 700m upwards, thought the snowline may have stuck at a lower level than this but it seems the sun got to work on it quickly and whatever cover there was below this wasn't deep enough.

Looking forward to a frosty starry skied night and a lovely clear day tomorrow.