Cloud Height 2200ft

Wet Bulb 9c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 70mm

Dew Point 7c

Wind Chill 10c

Weather Partly cloudy dry sunny bright

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A partly sunny & breezy day with a max of 18.4c so not bad all in all. Gone dark now with a line of showers approaching. Time to get washing in!

Posted

With continued hazy sunshine the afternoon temperature reached 16.0c.

It's 14.9c now, sunny as the sun is setting into clear sky, humidity 58% and a gentle Westerly breeze.

Posted

The rain arrived at lunchtime as expected and also only lasted a couple of hours or so.. it was thoroughly miserable under it though.. cold and with a gusty wind it felt like we had been thrown back into the throes of winter... thankfully the cold wet conditions quickly cleared to leave a bright less windy late afternoon. Temperatures have been quite dissapointing maximum of 11 degrees, but nothing compared to what the central lowlands have endured today, with maxes of 6-7 degrees, a very cold May day in this part of the world.

Tonight is looking a cold one, if skies can clear sufficiently we could get down to about 1 degrees, but I think there will be too much cloud about for a ground frost, whereas scotland is looking cold indeed with a widespread ground frost likely and air frost in prone sheltered spots particularly in the highland glens - some places could get down to -3 degrees or less I think, there are some quite cold uppers over Scotland at the moment.

Posted

Its been a bright and breezy day here. Top temperature 16.2C, with a brisk WNW breeze.

Posted
Haha don't worry I can't spell either, you would have been fooled in to thinking it was October outside! I went to the student union for lunch with my room mate whoes from America because we needed to get out. We decided to walk the 4km back to our hall from the otherside of the city, then it started raining. It was freezing outside I got back and you know that way your walking in to the wind and rain and you lose the feeling in your skin, then go inside and it feels like its on fire. I have that. I think I have wind burn on my cheeks. Windburn. In May?! What the smeg?

Wind and rain appears to have cleared here now up to

Tair: 6.5C

Tdew: 3.2C

RH: 79%

MSLP: 1007

Wind speed: 5.75m/s

Wind gust: 7.75m/s

Wind chill: 3C

If you go here and have a look at the last 24 hours and the weekly graphs you can see the big temp drop when the cold front came though earlier today:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/abs/Weathercam/station/24hours.html

Also in the 7 day chart, there was a front that came though on the night of the 7th around 10pm. Just look at that swan dive in temp:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/abs/Weathercam/st...latestweek.html

Its been front after front the last few days sweeping though, the atlantics got the convayer belt running again

Thanks for that, Yes I know what you mean about going inside after being out in cold wet conditions and it feeling like your skin is burning. Thats quite a sudden drop the other night too! seen similar here a couple times.

Guess this shows how cold it can be even in May if its cloudy and wet all day with a polar maritime air mass.

Conditions here now:

Out temp: 12.5C

Humidity: 71%

Dewpoint: 7.4C

Wind: 5 'gusting' 10mph

Wind dir: SSW

Pressure: 1014.7

Max temp today: 15.3C @ 14:17

Min temp today: 3.9C @ 6:31

Rain today: 0.0mm

Max gust today: 21mph @ 15:03

Posted

Rather cloudy and breezy with some good spells of hazy sunshine, particularly around the middle of the day. Currently 14.9, maximum 18.5, last night's minimum 7.6. Wind moderate W.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The cold front which eventually reached here around 1630 g.m.t had almost died after giving some heavy rain over Lancashire earlier in the afternoon, nothing more than a brief light shower for a couple of minutes.

The rest of the day has been dry and breezy with sunny intervals and since the front passed over much of the cloud has cleared to leave a sunny end to the day.

At 1800 g.m.t

Temp', 9.5c

Max' today, 12.8c

Min' last night, 4.7c

Grass min', 2.8c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, trace

Sunshine today, 3.95 hrs

Mean wind speed, 12 mph SW

Highest gust today, 41 mph SW at 1338 g.m.t

6 oktas cumulus and cirrus

Vis', 45 miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Today’s weather

Pressure 1017.3hPa

Current Temp 12.6c

Highest Temp 17.9c

Lowest Temp 7.1c

Humidity 68%

Dewpoint 6.8c

Windchill 12.6c

Current Windspeed 1.7mph

Max Windspeed 13.1mph

Wind direction SSE

Rain Total 0.0mm

Monthly Rain Total 3.1mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Next to no rain off that front - very very light drizzle for a few mins that's all.

Cooled now to 14.2c under clearing skies so will prob drop a fair bit tonight.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 9.5c

Outdoor humidity 75%

Pressure 1010mb

Wind direction North West

Wind speed 8mph

Cloud Height 1766ft

Wet Bulb 7.5c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 70mm

Dew Point 4.5c

Wind Chill 9c

Weather Partly cloudy dry dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature rose 3c

Pressure rose 22mb

Humidity rose 1%

Average wind speed 10mph

Dewpoint rose 3c

Average wind direction North West

Moon age 15 days 99%

Sunrise and Sunset 5:29am - 9:27pm

Moonrise and Moonset 10:47pm - 4:44am

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

currently 5.5c and clear skies , so may get to below zero!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A few light showers overnight.

Sunny spells to 1100, then mainly cloudy with some more light showers until 1600. Nice sunny spells 16-1830, cloudy again this evening.

A rather cool and windy (WSW) day again.

Min: 5.4c @ 0430

Max: 14.4c @ 1700

Rain yesterday: 0.4mm

Rain since 10am: 0.3mm.

Currently: Cloudy, dry.

Temp: 8.7c

Pressure: 1016mbar, rising slowly.

Posted
Well, well. It was our local Agricultural Show today just outside Kilmacolm. Rain, rain, rain. BoyCatch squealed with delight at the tractors towing cars and their trailers out of the field.

I laughed at MrsCatch when she said she thought the rain was turning sleety. It was only once we got home and I checked the METAR at Glasgow Airport which reported a temp of 5ºC and a dewpoint of 3ºC at about 1pm that I realised she might have been right.

Usually our "Show" is held in temps of 15-20ºC; you go to the show then go to the pub and get left trouser leged. Not today. It was soooooo cold. Most of the show was cancelled, no horses, no falconry, nothing. Just lashing rain threatening to turn to sleet or snow. Shocking. I feel sorry for all the farmers who prepared for months to bring their stars to the public. We couldn't even get up to the animal show area as the mud was 2ft deep with tractors towing cars out. BoyCatch loved that. So maybe not a disaster. BabyCatch slept through it all under his weathershield. :):) Squelch.

So today was mostly very wet, and very cold for May. :lol:

Yes I have to say unusually cold given the synoptics, it wasn't as if there was a direct polar flow of air from the north or north east, and uppers although quite cold it was only polar maritime air... so a notably cold day for central scotland given the synoptics.. in this context a very notable day.. if what occured in central scotland had occured in SE England then everyone would be talking about it, but alas it never.. The BBC had their biased SE England hat on and never at all today mentioned the cold weather in central scotland, they just showed maxes of 13 degrees over central scotland... it does annoy me when they only seem to point out extremes of weather when they occur in SE England, when it happens elesewhere especially in Scotland they don't and the media to boot seem ever interested this goes for all year round. BBC we don't all live in SE England you know... rant over...

Posted
Yes I have to say unusually cold given the synoptics, it wasn't as if there was a direct polar flow of air from the north or north east, and uppers although quite cold it was only polar maritime air... so a notably cold day for central scotland given the synoptics.. in this context a very notable day.. if what occured in central scotland had occured in SE England then everyone would be talking about it, but alas it never.. The BBC had their biased SE England hat on and never at all today mentioned the cold weather in central scotland, they just showed maxes of 13 degrees over central scotland... it does annoy me when they only seem to point out extremes of weather when they occur in SE England, when it happens elesewhere especially in Scotland they don't and the media to boot seem ever interested this goes for all year round. BBC we don't all live in SE England you know... rant over...

To be fair, the cold tempertures only came in when you were stuck under the cold front but i have too admit when i looked at the reports from Scotland i was quite shocked how low the temps were at lower levels. BBC however still got the max's of 10-12C spot on as these temps were reached once the cold front has cleared.

Today was a day of sunny spells, the cold front passed through here with a bit of heacy rain but didnt last too long. This evening was pleasant with late evening sunshine so in all not a bad day.

Edited by Geordiesnow