Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2010 - Heads Up..

Paul

Posted

A quick jaunt down to Spain and then fly to DFW from there?

Hi mate thought of t his option myself as Im already heading this direction BUT no flights going that way either

unless your refering by car or coach

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Hi mate thought of t his option myself as Im already heading this direction BUT no flights going that way either

unless your refering by car or coach

I just know they're still flying from there at the moment. Wouldn't take too long to get there by car or mini-bus. Say 1,000 miles on good roads. I'm sure it won't matter anyway Pat as everything will be all good for all of you.

Posted

I just know they're still flying from there at the moment. Wouldn't take too long to get there by car or mini-bus. Say 1,000 miles on good roads. I'm sure it won't matter anyway Pat as everything will be all good for all of you.

im suppose to be in majorca in 8 days time......and then im thinking will this still be going on,trying not to worry but its difficult..

poor wife hasnt been on holiday for a long time and is rather upset..

Just concerned of this being a very long process and even effecting our tour...and the poor people on T1

Stu...IF it is effected on our tour I would go in a car with you :drunk:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

All

We are going to keep you updated as much as possible on this thread over the next few days, tomorrow morning we are going to be contacting BA & AA To see if we can find out their plans when they eventually do allow planes to fly again, I am thinking earliest could be Friday or Saturday and if they choose to re-patriate over the weekend then we could be in business as there looks to be an ash free window from 24-27th April before another North-Westerly plunge starts to affect the Uk from the 28th (On current Models and obviously if the Volcano is still erupting etc)

We are going to try to accomodate everyone on the tours in any way possible, currently if the situation does not get better for instance then there are a few possibilities of moving the goalposts so to speak.

All the Airlines we are booked on will honour your ticket and give either

a, Full Refund

b, Another Travel Date Within 3 Months of the Original Departure Date

c, A Flight From another Airport thats open(BA Does Not sure yet about AA)

So if we get agreement and the worst happens for Tour 1 we could either

a, Move Tour 1 to run alongside Tour 2

b, Move Tour 1 to run alongside Tour 4

c, Move Tour 1 to a new date from 12th June until 21st June 2010

But I Must stress this would be a last resort and trying to get everyone to be available for the above might be hard due to Holiday entitlement at work etc

So let's just hope the Airlines say our schedule on the 25/26/27th will not be affected and we can start our Tour ontime because apart from anything else it is looking like a very active period and I for one will be chomping at the bit to get out there.

Will update tomorrow

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Thanks for the info Paul. I'll lookout for the updates.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by Andy P

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Cheers Paul!!

Its v v much appreciated that you're going out of your way for us all and being accommodating due to the situation.

H

EDIT - From what I hear, BA are doing a test flight later today/tomorrow, after Air France carried out two successful tests earlier. From I've read, other airlines inc KLM have carried out successful test flights too. We may well see flights taking off even if the plume doesn't die away.

Edited by Harry

Posted

like a lot of people I have been looking at the webcams and have seen that the activity has reduced considerably scince saturday it looks to have died away starting yesterday lunch time to almost nothing in the evening when cloud cover has aloud us to see there is alittle bit more activity this morning but nothing like fridays & saturdays so fingers and everything else crosssed plus touching a bit of wood things improve an get back to normal soon so we can get on our tours and see the massive lightning shows and odd f5 with plenty of f3/4s that are waiting for our arrival

just adding the increasing seismic activity looks abit of a worry this helicorder is near to the Hekla Volcano the big one nearby that they are worried about

post-9919-12716685003808_thumb.gif

Edited by gpspete

Posted

Yeah dogs, unless there is another big eruption I think Wednesday looks the day to kick things back off, maybe Thursday...

However you guys will be ok it looks like, nice big upper high is still progged to build in and if that happens then Tour 1 and 2 would both be fine at the very least even if the volcano does erupt again.

Anyway looking forward to this, this will be my relief from the uni exams!

Posted

the only thing I can hope for now is to be stranded after Tour 3 finishes..

lol.. :rofl: ..I dont mind staying and watching Supercells

I'll have some of that too, please.... :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

I think I'd have to hire an SUV and Road trip it east or west maybe? Disney land, vegas, universal studios.... hmmm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

You are all right I wouldn't mind getting stuck on the other side of the pond either. If things didn't improve I was having to look at the prospect of trying to catch a ferry over to Dublin and hitch a lift with one of John's mates to Shannon airport in the hope that if there were going to be any flights west it would be there. Arrive in Dallas Jetlagged, tired and getting over mal de mer.

Tom

Posted

Lol

Dont speed or mess with the Oklahoma LEO (Troopers)

Remember this story hitting the news whilst we were out chasing last year and could not believe it.

Cops responding to a Fight at the Garage pass the Ambulance who is ferrying someone to hospital, Cop sees the Ambulance driver give him the finger for tailgating him so goes after him and watch what happens.

Paul S

Posted

What kind of d**k have you got to be though to give a policeman the finger, when he's clearly trying to get somewhere!

Good on the OK police force is all I can say - better than the police here who can't even seem to be able to tell you off unless you've threatened them with a baseball bat or gone 1mph over the speed limit, lol

Peter Gibbs offering some hope on the forecast last night by saying a south-westerly could arrive at the weekend to help clear some of the ash - fingers crossed!!

Posted

realy nice to see Timmer's prediction's for a AWESOME Tornado Season...

eat that sucker sceptic's..lol

This as made me very happy :drinks:

Kick ass Bertha's this year with Twin Sister funnel's...

Just hope I dont miss the main event :clap:

Paul Ive sussed it!!!

If the cops stop us then all you do is charm them with taking there photo's,they wont want to give you a speed tickett after this :D

400x266_04191524_lateweekus.jpg

Storms will be a Slow-Mover

While most storms take several days to cross the U.S. at this time of year, this particular system will take more than a week to cross the nation.

Edited by dogs32

Posted

And relax.......

Now the planes are flying again I can start getting properly excited! The models looks promising and this time next week I will have touched down!

Just a few odds and ends to get. I look forward to seeing you all in a weeks time.

Posted

Same here, I can now pack and double check I've got everything I need :drinks: bring it on!

Posted

DAM THATS WACK!!! Well all I can say is ref Police Video is I dont think it could happen here, a Paramedic has a lot more clout in what happens and are Colleagues in the Police would respect what we say there are lines that all of us in the Emergency Services will not cross.

Posted

DAM THATS WACK!!! Well all I can say is ref Police Video is I dont think it could happen here, a Paramedic has a lot more clout in what happens and are Colleagues in the Police would respect what we say there are lines that all of us in the Emergency Services will not cross.

Yeah but with all due respect, paramedics do not have the right to hurl abusive words or gestures!

I think the police were dead right to pull him over and drag his abusive ass over the coals - unless of course it was en route to an emergency and/or had someone in a serious condition in the back! That's just ludicrous if that was the case (which it didn't appear to be)

Edited by Harry

Posted

Yeah but with all due respect, paramedics do not have the right to hurl abusive words or gestures!

I think the police were dead right to pull him over and drag his abusive ass over the coals - unless of course it was en route to an emergency and/or had someone in a serious condition in the back! That's just ludicrous if that was the case (which it didn't appear to be)

I THINK IN THIS INSTANCE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE PROFESSIONAL IF THIS OFFICER would have followed the Ambulance behind and had a word after they had conveyed this patient, IMO this has put the police dept in that state in bad light ---he could have waited, I dont condone the bloke in front actions but DAM! that looked bad on camera oh and another Youtube VIdeo the Paramedic stated that the patient had Chest Pain although in this country we wouldnt be messing around at normal road speeds with a chest pain :drinks:

Edited by stevestorms