• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
mmm seems so, dont have the potency they had earlier. any hoo might gain strength as they come across the channel.

kaz

I'm pleased other people are convinced they are coming across the channel, because reviewing the last 2 hours worth of radar, they've not made any progress over the channel at all, in pretty much any shape or form.

The only positive thing are those cells nr Kent at the moment which actually fired up over the Channel and appear at present to be doing ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The Meto and BBC seem to be having none of it today regarding thundery potential. Our local paper does say Thunderstorms will devlop as the cold front clashes with the hot and humid air.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Yet another tower has formed and is moving north just missing us again. :doh:

The highlands seem to be catching all these showers today..although if the storms want to wait till its dark then thats fine by me. :)

Posted
I'm pleased other people are convinced they are coming across the channel, because reviewing the last 2 hours worth of radar, they've not made any progress over the channel at all, in pretty much any shape or form.

The only positive thing are those cells nr Kent at the moment which actually fired up over the Channel and appear at present to be doing ok.

well i live in the next town long the east coast, up from Dover, and i can bet on my life that Dover will get 'em and we will miss out ....Again!

Posted
The Meto and BBC seem to be having none of it today regarding thundery potential. Our local paper does say Thunderstorms will devlop as the cold front clases with the hot and humid air.

MetO/BBC are effectively one and the same thing! They do not often contradict each other, as the BBC get their information from the MetO!

We all know the MetO, and following from this the BBC, are relatively weak at forecasting storms!

That said, I have not seen anything at the moment (apart from a couple of cells firing up nr Kent) to get really excited about :doh:

Edited by Harry

Posted

They look like they are going to expand as well Harry, and looking at the wind direction up your end they look to be taking a NNW track so maybe as usual you may get a nice little import later.

Posted
The Meto and BBC seem to be having none of it today regarding thundery potential. Our local paper does say Thunderstorms will devlop as the cold front clases with the hot and humid air.

News 24 not playing either, forcaster said the midlands will remain largley dry, not good news if you are wanting some water for the gardens, NOT ENCOURAGING :doh:

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted

Im going to get hammered tomorrow, sister tornado's, golf ball size hail, snowstorm, hurricane force downdrafts, an earthquake and if i'm lucky i may get a rumble of thunder! :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Blizzards I think you've lost sight of when and where developments have a chance of happening. Tonight we may and I stress MAY, see storms whether it be from the storms moving up from France, destabilising of warm air mass ahead of front/trough or CZ. It's all there on the charts.

Hmm, i just see little support to see that storms could happen tonight. No convection here at all really for starters.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Running the sat loop you can see the cells explode then die , then explode again.. Numorus strikes also reported from it. They are coming this way as you can see more and more of the cells from here :doh:

Posted

Can we have our storms back please scotland !!!!!!!!!! Still 28c here and thats on the coast although humidity is lower today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
News 24 not playing either, forcaster said the midlands will remain largley dry, not good news if you are wanting some water for the gardens, NOT ENCOURAGING :doh:

Hmmmmf...the same MetO that gave duff warnings for days on end..!!!

Posted

I have just noticed NW of Paris, a fresh bank of cloud developing on satellite!

If this explodes I may feel more optimistic (hint hint hint lol)

Posted
It's not really the now I'm concerned about as the cold front/trough hasn't even passed us yet, this where we may see isolated storms, ahead of the front. Today was always forecast to be hot and sunny but then for thundery rain to slowly push NErds across the country. It's just too vague from BBC I just cannot take them seriously, not when you have various charts at your disposal not to mention a few experts on here who actually have a good idea of what's going on.

The cold front on the NW radar is just light with a few bits of moderate only. Hardly looks pleasing. Would itpep up as it reaches the hot air over us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Can't see the formation of the large cumulus cloud anymore because its turned into one large anvil :D

So far away , come on!

Posted
Yet another tower has formed and is moving north just missing us again. :D

The highlands seem to be catching all these showers today..although if the storms want to wait till its dark then thats fine by me. :D

lol, i can see that one from here! (unless its another one to your south)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Is that band of showers entering channel coming up from france going to bring much? Is that the heavyshowers/storms that the meto are warning about?

Still hot and humid here although we had a 5min light shower about an hour ago.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
Is that band of showers in channel going to bring much? Is that the heavyshowers/storms that the meto are warning about?

Still hot and humid here although we had a 5min light shower about an hour ago.

No its the storms about now the one i just had but if that comes into are region then it could all go bang what im judging.

No more warnings for devon and cornwall only here and wales now.

Posted

To be perfectly honest i dont think we're going to see anything down here i personaly think the storms are reserved for the southeast corner

Posted
Can't see the formation of the large cumulus cloud anymore because its turned into one large anvil :D

So far away , come on!

I was sitting outside in my lunch break 2pm - 3pm looking at a fantastic line of cumulus congestus slowly building. Only the top half could be seen, it then faded into a uniform haze but spanned the whole eastern/southeastern sky. Came out of work at 5pm and most of it had vanished? Still i believe it was part of that storm off the coast of NE France. :D

Posted
My limited knowledge defeats me on this one. Nick F was saying that the Cold front/Trough would destabilise the warm humid air mass ahead of the front so this would give the lift needed to produce storms but even if there were, they would be isolated. Then you have developments to our Sth this tonight and into the early hours. Last time I checked the NMM model was showing some intense rainfall for the West Mids.

Will have to look at the 18z update to see what's what but it's not totally game over, not when you have hot temps and approaching troughs/front and what not. I for one am optimistic that we could see something overnight into the early hours of the morning :D

The BBC dont really show anything developing showery/storm wise until late this evening. The Meto Invent page shows a very isolated storm over here on top of us at 9pm.