Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Over The Channel 16/07/09

Posted

Beauty of a storm here last night. Started off slow moving up from the channel and Dungeness area, the rain started slow at first. Then the heavens opened, monsoon rain and constant flashes every 5/10 seconds. Some pretty close fork lightening over the sea and loud booming CRACKLING thunder. Out the back was a giant puddle and gutters were overflowing. I couldn't decide which direction to point the camera, was forking to the south east, south, south west, overhead.. practically everywhere!. Not sure why a couple of pics came out green, think it was too bright for my camera.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

NICE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
A good set of photos! It certainly was a fun night in east Kent.

My dad would agree! , watched a good storm near southend too while i was up that way. Been an awesome year :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

lovely photos, and lovely looking storm too.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
Beauty of a storm here last night. Started off slow moving up from the channel and Dungeness area, the rain started slow at first. Then the heavens opened, monsoon rain and constant flashes every 5/10 seconds. Some pretty close fork lightening over the sea and loud booming CRACKLING thunder. Out the back was a giant puddle and gutters were overflowing. I couldn't decide which direction to point the camera, was forking to the south east, south, south west, overhead.. practically everywhere!. Not sure why a couple of pics came out green, think it was too bright for my camera.

Hi - nice pics :rolleyes:

More active than it was here for me - I did notice that there was almost constant lightning to my east at one stage yesterday evening

Posted

Great pics, well captured. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Nicely capped thanks for sharing. A nice reminder of that for me that night :nea:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
A good set of photos! It certainly was a fun night in east Kent.

Fantastic photos.

I think it was a fun night for the whole of Kent to be honest (for once :lol: ) - had some spectacular flashes of lightning and booming thunder further west too, and a nice deluge which lasted for a long while. What was cool also, was the fact we got pummelled during late evening, then as that past I watched the storms in E Kent - huge cloud illuminations with bolts visible too, then had another round here a bit later.

Lets hope we got more of the same before summer is out :cray:

Posted

Very nice pics! :o Id love to have seen some of that!

I'm feeling storm starved, Over the last few weeks I have been watching virtually the whole of the UK except my area get hit by Tstorms as they all avoided here, and i haven't seen a decent summer Tstorm since 2006! I swear theres a sort of storm shield been set up here since then!

lets hope the rest of summer will provide more storms for my location and everyone else!