IGNORED

50 Days To Save The World

Kiwi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Aren't they all as bent as each other?

IMHO, Yup!

Spoil the ballet!

Vote, but spoil it, and when the number of votes for the winning candidate is exceded by the 'spoilt' vote it forces a re-election... then do it again....and again....

What are 'they' gonna do when folk turn out in droves to tell them all to 'stuff it' time and time again?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Vote, but spoil it, and when the number of votes for the winning candidate is exceded by the 'spoilt' vote it forces a re-election... then do it again....and again....

Sounds good GW,but wouldn't that just prolong the misery? A change is as good as a rest,or so I'm told!

Posted

Sounds good GW,but wouldn't that just prolong the misery? A change is as good as a rest,or so I'm told!

Ah , but if only for the comic relief of the subsequent 'party political braodcasts'.whistling.gif

Posted

Very good post Phil - I agree with all thatsmile.gif

That advert by the Greens is incredibly stupid!nonono.gif

Thank you, North Sea Snow Convection. xx Proves one thing, I haven't totally gone mad... Yet! But I don't appreciate idiosyncracy either. Not meaning you by the way.

But some are forgetting that almost one year to the day, (28th October 2008) it snowed. But what's this?? Bi-polar?

http://www.guardian....summer-forecast

I can believe it. Hence why I am up and awake with temperature at 12ºc

Later on this week, up to 19ºc ... In late October?? No wonder nature is going nuts.

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

Posted

So, Sir Alex Ferguson really is God! :)

No, no, no, Pete :) . Alex Ferguson is a twonk. Remember when he thought so little of Exeter City F.C. that he fielded a second rate Man. U. team against them (at home even) and only managed a goal-less draw? :D

Anyway, back on topic. I understand that the IPCC meeting convenes on 7th December, so 41 days to go.

Posted

Here is something to break up the tedium of the next 41 days.... http://climatefoolsday.com/.

It'll be interesting, as always, to see what media coverage it gets. Although, having said that, the media does seem to be getting a little less biased lately and is also starting to question whether GW is A or not and why the forecast "things" have not actually been happening. This actually poses a question in my mind.......is the media taking heed of what Dr. Vicky Pope said a while back re hysterical reporting, or is it that the journalists and editors themselves are having their own personal doubts about the whole (A)GW business? Or is it a bit of both? Or is it something totally different?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Here's a link to a project being run by The Science Museum. In the run up to the Copenhagen talks, they are running a poll to judge public views on climate change - presumably they will present their findings to the government? You can either just vote or there's an option to post your opinion too.

Can I urge all of you to take five minutes, and vote.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/proveit.aspx

Posted

Here is something to break up the tedium of the next 41 days.... http://climatefoolsday.com/.

It'll be interesting, as always, to see what media coverage it gets. Although, having said that, the media does seem to be getting a little less biased lately and is also starting to question whether GW is A or not and why the forecast "things" have not actually been happening. This actually poses a question in my mind.......is the media taking heed of what Dr. Vicky Pope said a while back re hysterical reporting, or is it that the journalists and editors themselves are having their own personal doubts about the whole (A)GW business? Or is it a bit of both? Or is it something totally different?

Two questions:

1) Since you promote a site using the word 'fools' is it is it ok (or indeed helpful) if I start describing people I disagree with here using the word fools - I dunno, climatescepticfools.com or something? Or does it only work one way...

2) Who is the author of that site? it looks and feels like several others...

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Two questions:

1) Since you promote a site using the word 'fools' is it is it ok (or indeed helpful) if I start describing people I disagree with here using the word fools - I dunno, climatescepticfools.com or something? Or does it only work one way...

2) Who is the author of that site? it looks and feels like several others...

Or, as already has been discussed, you could consider the latest young Green Party advert in respect of AGW propaganda?

.....which uses a far worse adjectival word than 'fools'!

Posted

Dev, since Noggin didn't personally describe or call anyone a fool, no it wouldn't be acceptable for you to call her, or anyone else a fool in retaliation.

Feel free to link to whatever site you wish though, as always, opening and reading links posted is an optional extra.

Posted

Here's a link to a project being run by The Science Museum. In the run up to the Copenhagen talks, they are running a poll to judge public views on climate change - presumably they will present their findings to the government? You can either just vote or there's an option to post your opinion too.

Can I urge all of you to take five minutes, and vote.

http://www.sciencemu...uk/proveit.aspx

When you click on 'count me out', you get a message wanting to know who you are,and that the government will be informed!! What happens next - do they send the knee-capping crew around in the dead of night and gently persuade you to 'reconsider'?whistling.gif Anyways,three guesses as to how I've voted!

Posted

Dev, since Noggin didn't personally describe or call anyone a fool, no it wouldn't be acceptable for you to call her, or anyone else a fool in retaliation.

Feel free to link to whatever site you wish though, as always, opening and reading links posted is an optional extra.

Jethro, I wasn't suggesting any such thing :rofl:

I wondered if a site called, say, 'climatescepticfools.com or something' would be acceptable to quote? Presumably it would? How much would such a site add to the debate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

When you click on 'count me out', you get a message wanting to know who you are,and that the government will be informed!! What happens next - do they send the knee-capping crew around in the dead of night and gently persuade you to 'reconsider'?whistling.gif Anyways,three guesses as to how I've voted!

Aye. You get the very same message when opting in... :rofl:

Posted

Or, as already has been discussed, you could consider the latest young Green Party advert in respect of AGW propaganda?

.....which uses a far worse adjectival word than 'fools'!

And did I endorse it?

I did not...Nor have I quoted it. I don't think such language is helpful.

Edited by Devonian

I reckon that you have asked to go to the summit...bomb.gifph34r.giftease.gifrofl.gif

And did I endorse it?

I did not...Nor have I quoted it. I don't think such language is helpful.

oksmile.gif You can see that nullifies your original point smile.gif

Posted

Aye. You get the very same message when opting in... biggrin.gif

Oh,right! You'll be surprised I didn't check out that optionblum.gif . So the 'count me outs' get a visit in the night,and the 'count me ins' will get a huge bundle of AGW propaganda to distribute amongst their sceptical associates! Come in useful for starting the Nov 5th bonfires,I suppose.

Tamara,might be worth going for the free nosh and champagne,wonder if they've got bingo and a 'turn' on?

Posted

I reckon that you have asked to go to the summit...bomb.gifph34r.giftease.gifrofl.gif

oksmile.gif You can see that nullifies your original point smile.gif

How? I said 'using the word fools'? I don't think a site called 'climate fools day' helps debate. But, perhaps a site called 'climatescepticfools' would? Both would be 'using the word fools' so both would be OK?

Just wondering...

Edited by Devonian

How? I said 'using the word fools'? I don't think a site called 'climate fools day' helps debate. But, perhaps a site called 'climatescepticfools' would? Both would be 'using the word fools' so both would be OK?

Just wondering...

You missed my point - but never mind, its not worth hi-jacking the thread oversmile.gif

Posted
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey

Jethro, I wasn't suggesting any such thing sad.gif

I wondered if a site called, say, 'climatescepticfools.com or something' would be acceptable to quote? Presumably it would? How much would such a site add to the debate?

I see what you mean, Dev, but that is not what you wrote. Here is what you wrote:

"is it ok...if I start describing people I disagree with here using the word fools"

Jethro's response was to this comment.

:rofl:

CB

Posted

You missed my point - but never mind, its not worth hi-jacking the thread oversmile.gif

Never mind, you miss my point and I give up as well :rofl:

I see what you mean, Dev, but that is not what you wrote. Here is what you wrote:

"is it ok...if I start describing people I disagree with here using the word fools"

Jethro's response was to this comment.

:D

CB

'using' not 'as'. But never mind, such are the problem with the written word, or indeed getting the right meaning across using something as imperfect as language.

Posted

I'd welcome a visit.....

In fact, if I thought it had half a chance of getting a decent turn out, I'd invite every blooming scientist (from both sides) and the politicians to a "questions and answers" session in my village hall. Straight answers to straight questions only, no wriggle room.

Oh,right! You'll be surprised I didn't check out that optionblum.gif . So the 'count me outs' get a visit in the night,and the 'count me ins' will get a huge bundle of AGW propaganda to distribute amongst their sceptical associates! Come in useful for starting the Nov 5th bonfires,I suppose.

Tamara,might be worth going for the free nosh and champagne,wonder if they've got bingo and a 'turn' on?

Mnn - champers and danish pastry cakeswub.gif

Regarding a 'turn'. I'm not sure exactly what you had in mind, but if you mean a decent band, then I might pack some denims to swap for my business clothes and 'sensible shoes'

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Thank you, North Sea Snow Convection. xx Proves one thing, I haven't totally gone mad... Yet! But I don't appreciate idiosyncracy either. Not meaning you by the way.

But some are forgetting that almost one year to the day, (28th October 2008) it snowed. But what's this?? Bi-polar?

http://www.guardian....summer-forecast

I can believe it. Hence why I am up and awake with temperature at 12ºc

Later on this week, up to 19ºc ... In late October?? No wonder nature is going nuts.

Phil.

Hi Phil!

I can't help but think that the fledgling Nino over summer has had an impact in that it limited the number of T.S. and 'Canes that we had this season.

If you looked at a high res. sst plot after one of these beasties has past you'll see that the 'mixing it promotes leaves cool waters behind it .If this hasn't happened much the we may well have a lot of heat in the tropical/sub-tropical waters to warm the airmass that's paying us a visit.

Probably far to simplistic (my 'Rolf H.' brush strokes again..lol) but you never know?

EDIT: thanks 'J' for bringing the vote to our attention! maybe all the folk who suspect that AGW is a scam will also be too scared of giving the 'them' their E-mail details and we'll have a very skewed vote! (double LOL!)

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

EDIT: thanks 'J' for bringing the vote to our attention! maybe all the folk who suspect that AGW is a scam will also be too scared of giving the 'them' their E-mail details and we'll have a very skewed vote! (double LOL!)

I've gladly given mine... now I'm awaiting lots of attention from the 'correction squad'!