Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Backtrack

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

temp2.2c

weather cloudy and rain already i knew it wouldnt stay clear for much longer cnt wait to this shower goes its annoying me!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The heavy showers continue here. Wind has really picked up too, averaging about 45km/h from NW and a maximum a gust of 76km/h. Temp is 7.7C and has been rising since around 5pm from 5.8C.

Generally quite sheltered here so the strong wind is very unusual considering no other inland stations are reporting much wind...

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

The heavy showers continue here. Wind has really picked up too, averaging about 45km/h from NW and a maximum a gust of 76km/h. Temp is 7.7C and has been rising since around 5pm from 5.8C.

Generally quite sheltered here so the strong wind is very unusual considering no other inland stations are reporting much wind...

Thats strange as its practically calm herecc_confused.gif

Posted

yes same here and its been raining i know that but the temp is only 2.0c here.... hmmm

update:

ahhhhh!!!!!! its apparently 6.4c in the village about 10 miles away from me and 5c in eglinton oh no!!!! this cloud does not help noo!!!!!! ugh but seriously this is not fair like every night i watch the stations and they rise (1.5c in the space of an hour shows how unfair the startions are too me!) and when i dnt want a frost it comes no!now i have to sit another boring hr waiting to see what happens no doubt the temp will rise!!

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Temperature and wind both increasing here, just recorded the 2nd highest gust of the year, 88km/h. Wind averaging just over 55km/h. Sounds wonderful out! Temperature is up to 8.2C aswell...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

awww look every night it gets colder in scotland!!! well anyways its 2.9c here and clear... well see how well we do tonight but i doubt it there needs to be no clouds here to be guarenteed you get a frost because every night with clouds even one or two you can be guarented itll hit me!!!!!

You do know that 2.9c is colder than most places in Scotland, and 2.9c is cold enough for a ground frost?

Currently 7.1c and raining.

Posted

yes but its raining here... and the cloud isnt going anywhere with this wind.

Posted

yes same here and its been raining i know that but the temp is only 2.0c here.... hmmm

update:

ahhhhh!!!!!! its apparently 6.4c in the village about 10 miles away from me and 5c in eglinton oh no!!!! this cloud does not help noo!!!!!! ugh but seriously this is not fair like every night i watch the stations and they rise (1.5c in the space of an hour shows how unfair the startions are too me!) and when i dnt want a frost it comes no!now i have to sit another boring hr waiting to see what happens no doubt the temp will rise!!

HOW IS IT UNFAIR!

I HAVE NOT HAD A TEMPERATURE BELOW 4.4C AND NO FROST ALL YEAR! NEITHER HAS ALOT OF PEOPLE! 2.0C IS COLDER THAN MOST PLACES IN THE COUNTRY!!!

It's also raining here.. It will clear soon mate, don't worry! expecting nothing below 3c here tonight, expecting below 0c tomorrow and easily into the minuses Tuesday night. It WILL clear so don't worry!

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

it is not fair because nothern scotland always get colder weather than everywhere every year and have them dnt appreaciate it so it should be brought down here!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Some showers last night and clear spells, just missed a ground frost.

Sunny to 10am, then rather cloudy, with showers, heavy and prolonged at times 1600 onwards.

Rather cool and breezy (SW/W).

Min: 2.9c @ 0230

Max: 9.8c @ 1430

Rain yesterday: 9.0mm

Rain since 0900: 6mm approx

Currently: Light showers.

Temp: 6.9c

Pressure: 987mbar, falling slowly.

Posted

Heavy rain for just over an hour here, just easing now. Hasn’t put a damper on a few of the firework displays though! saw 3 flashes distant lightning to the south earlier from some storms that affected the Plymouth and South Devon area before moving east into the English Channel, Probably would have seem more if i had looked a bit earlier. definitely wasn’t fireworks as it was far too bright with bits of dark cloud in front of the flashes.

Temp: 7.2°C

Dew point: 6.3°C

Wind: 1mph gusting 6mph (variable)

Pressure: 992.0mb

Max temp today: 11.4°C at 14:00

Min temp today: 2.1°C at 05:08

Rain today: 8.6mm

Posted

Just recorded a new 2nd highest gust of the year, 91km/h! Sky is beginning to clear and the temperature is dropping again, 8.1C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cloudy with light snow, -5.4C...I mean, dry clear and frosty...

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 6c

Outdoor humidity 84%

Pressure 996mb

Wind direction North

Wind speed 10mph

Cloud Height 1078ft

Wet Bulb 5c

Total rainfall This Month 46mm

Dew Point 4c

Wind Chill 3c

Weather Cloudy heavy showers dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature dropped 1c

Pressure rose 1mb

Humidity rose 1%

Average wind speed 6mph

Dewpoint dropped 0.8c

Average wind direction South East

Moon age 20 days 70%

Sunrise and Sunset 7:51am - 4:37pm

Moonrise and Moonset 8:47pm - 1:09pm

Posted

lol look at petes thingy how dramatic....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

it is not fair because nothern scotland always get colder weather than everywhere every year and have them dnt appreaciate it so it should be brought down here!

Well...they are further north than you for a start, so logically at times it's going to be colder than where you are :rolleyes:. Personally I would stop moaning and move to Svalbard as that's the only way you're going to be happy.

Posted

yea ill have to stop now cuz i sound like a spoilt brat personally..... but no im not moving there ill just have to grin and bear it and maybe later move to northern england or scotland or somewhere like tht...

Posted

yea ill have to stop now cuz i sound like a spoilt brat personally..... but no im not moving there ill just have to grin and bear it and maybe later move to northern england or scotland or somewhere like tht...

I bet you wasn't complaining from the easterly a few years back that brought 1-2 feet of snow to Northern Ireland. That wasn't forecast and Scotland got nothing from that. Scotland isnt always coldest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

You make me laugh frostyjoe lol

Drizzly and a bit "meh" to use a technical term. 7.0°C atm

Posted

Aside from a few light morning showers today was fine and mostly sunny with distant CBs throwing out anvils to make the sun hazy at times. It was a cool day with maximum of 9.5c which was the lowest maximum since 5 March.

Clear, calm and 7.1c now.