Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some more distant flashes to the NW I think over the Bay. The first near one 3 miles east had thunder, little rain.

These showers whizzing along, clear now!

The showers are moving at a very fast rate! Id imagine some very isolated torrential downpours and strong winds too!

Posted

Looks like a area of ppn sliding in between Anglesea and the I-O-M, luckily the past few frames have it dying off somewhat and theres no Sferics attached to this particular part of the trough, however its out in Open Water again and has some 35 minutes before hitting St Bee's Head. I'd imagine the Environment Agency is already keeping tabs on this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

according to Sat 24 there looks a mass of them

on NW yes just West

Im interested in the tops out to sea west of Cornwall.and North West Ireland

..got the TS shape in early stages at present...Just hope they grow

edit

seen these shapes many times on SAT INFRA and often they go with a bang

thanks dogs

starting to get a bit wild outside and its starting to rain.

must be the showers starting to move in.

Posted

Possibilty something growing over Cornwall/Devon it as been expanding over the last 30 mins or so with the odd sferic

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

More frequent distant flashes from the north- probably those west of Aberystwyth.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

whats the risk of some heavy thundery showers in ni tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking at most forecasts, here will dodge pretty much most of the showers tomorrow. :D

Posted

Possibilty something growing over Cornwall/Devon it as been expanding over the last 30 mins or so with the odd sferic

Will keep an eye on that one, seems to be heading my way very soon!

Posted

The band heading into Cumbria is now Sferically active, and looking at the Sat24 loop theres a huge compact area that looks like a Multicell cluster heading towards Cornwall/Southern England rapidly from the South Irish Coast

Posted

Good evening everyone.

Lightning detection has picked up rapidly over the past few hours, listened on med. wave radio and sure enough you can hear the snap crackle and pop!

Squall lines looking to form for a brief time across western part of the UK mainland, i may even just clip part of it here in the north Mids.

Current lightning situation, thanks to:

http://andvari.vedur.is

post-3585-1258838505192_thumb.gif

Posted

The band heading into Cumbria is now Sferically active, and looking at the Sat24 loop theres a huge compact area that looks like a Multicell cluster heading towards Cornwall/Southern England rapidly from the South Irish Coast

looking good...hopefully they will swing up in the early hrs and expand

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some very active big showers and thunderstorms this evening are increasing in intensity over Western ireland and to the West of Wales and SW England. I've already seen some severe weather pass through here, with 3 flashes of lightning and torrential rain. At least the showers are passing through very quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

..and now that line has intensified once more - new strikes detected over the NW. Just give them time and they'll grow again. :lol: Though once inland, they shouldn't last for long.

Hmm, interesting. That small, but rather intense rainband looks to be on course for here, whether it holds its intensity....

yep, I've been keeping an eye on that...Looks like it will skirt just to the north of Brum looking at the hourly loop, but should reach me in the next 45 mins or so...

post-4149-1258841133085.txt

Posted

The latest 18z GFS shows some fantastic isobars around my neck of the woods and N england, gusting up to 75 mph or more for tomorrow, and a wild week to come!!

Hi Lewis, I shall pop this into the Atlantic Lows thread for you :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Had some thunder and lightening here about an hour ago with some squally winds. Turned almost calm afterward though. Wind beginning to pick up again now and plenty of showers showing up on the radar though none look particularly heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

drunk.gif

yep, I've been keeping an eye on that...Looks like it will skirt just to the north of Brum looking at the hourly loop, but should reach me in the next 45 mins or so...

Hello shark,

I have the nw radar subscription but can you confirm how I can achieve such a grab image as the one you have achieved. Sorry mods, but I am curious and btw 'you are the best and you know you are!' on the web.

Sorry, back to me drink. drunk.gif

Incidentally 10.4mm since midnight (annual total 521mm) so far here in Newbury, Berkshire and looking interesting overnight and into tomorrow if you like rain and squalls that is. Hoping it dries out up north somewhen soon.

Cheers

Stormboy

Sussed it, Traditional view, wow I like that much better.

Edited by STORMBOY

Posted

Stormboy:

Either hold the 'shift' key over the zoom box get bigger or use the first 3 digits of your postcode in the 'postcode zoom' area...

(use your full postcode for personal use)

Hope that helps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

very gusty winds, a quick 2 minute deluge, but alas no lightning.....Nevermind, judging by the radar, there's plenty more developing where that came from

Posted

Can agree AJ - A bit on the breezy side within the past 15 mins...

..Must be bad the dog don't even want to go out, i do lol!

Posted

Some good radar returns from the cells just hitting the Cornwall coast, I wonder if any will make it far inland, I certainly expect there to be a few heavy showers around tonight.