Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Will It Snow Thread?

Lewis

Posted

I am seriusoly praying we have no snow on Thursday 17th!! PLEASE NO SNOW in my area until after 2pm on the 17th!!!! After that then great, let it fall!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

yes 0cm! lazy.gifcray.gifcray.gif

We wil get our chance when the Atlantic tries to break back in next week and stalls against the cold air.

We will be burried I tell youyahoo.gifcrazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

We wil get our chance when the Atlantic tries to break back in next week and stalls against the cold air.

We will be burried I tell youyahoo.gifcrazy.gif

I have a bad feeling the only thing us west country folk can get buried in is rain.

However if you remain optomistic down in western i must remain upbeat. cc_confused.gif I hate atlantic it always seem to succeed when trying to break back which is my concern if it was to even happen i think i would just break down and cry..shok.gifcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

E yorkshire - 25-30cm+

Kent 30-40cm+

Thats just between thursday - saturday.

Lewis

You're serious right? Come on...

Or is that only if the ECM pans out? It's not in the bag yet is it?

Posted

If ( that a big if) we get any snow around here next week i can't see how it will settle? the ground is just to wet, this morning i've had showers light and

even heavier with hail.My front lawn is horribly muddy, surely this ground needs to dry up alot before any snow laying.

My children have never had enough snow to make a snowman and have only ever seen a slight dusting even in feb this year, but thats my fault for living a

stone throw from the sea i guess

Anyway theres alot of hope in this weeks forecast and models so fingers crossed

donna-m x

Posted

Hi all, some useful features for those wondering if it'll snow:

Will it snow?

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=wisi;sess=

Snow risk forecast:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snowforecast;sess=

Snow risk charts:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snow;sess=

:)

Posted

My prediction of lying snow in UK by next Tuesday (22nd)

Kent - 6"

London - 4"

Essex - 7"

Norfolk - 10"

E Midlands - 10"

W Midlands - 7"

Suffolk - 10"

Lincolnshire - 12"

Derbyshire - 10"

Yorkshire - 20"

Cumbria - 24"

Tyneside - 24"

Co Durham - 28"

Scotland - 20"

Cumbria 24", Yorkshire 20"!! You have to laugh, my location in between these two counties zero chance! :)

Posted

My general forecast;

Will update the charts soon! :)

Sunday - A chilly day to come in the UK, with frost early and late, especially across more northern and western areas of the UK. Here overnight fog may linger well into the morning once more. Further south and east little in the way of frost or fog thanks to overnight cloud cover and a strong breeze. The breeze will make it feel chilly here. As the day progresses the risk of showers increases across East Anglia and the South-East. These may turn wintry in nature, particularly over the highest ground. Temperatures struggling to get much above 0c where the fog lingers, generally ranging from 3c in the north to 7/8c in the south.

Monday - A generally cloudy day with outbreaks of showery rain continuing in eastern parts of the UK, once more the risk of things being a little bit wintry. Further west the chance of some sunshine but one or two isolated showers. Chilly with temperatures ranging between 4-8c across the country.

Tuesday - Slightly milder but still feeling cold in the breeze. Brighter for all but showers continuing in the east. Further west drier with some sunny spells, with frost early and late. Temperatures once again ranging from 4-8c.

Wednesday - A day of sunshine and showers again, the showers most frequent in the east, where they weill turn to sleet and snow later, especially over higher ground.. Elsewhere a rather sunny day in store, though starting to feel even colder thanks to a strengthening north-easterly breeze. Temperatures ranging from 5c in the east to 9c in the west, however becoming colder overnight with a widespread frost where skies clear.

Outlook - Thursday and friday sees sunshine and wintry showers in the eastern half of the UK, though the showers being driven well inland by a strong easterly wind. There is the risk of more significant snowfall on thursday across eastern areas though some uncertainty regarding this at present.

Posted

i think here about mile from coast, it take a lot for any that falls out sky to settle, that north sea far to warm, but it helps in some ways making them showers fairly big

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Thanks John, I'd be ecstatic with 20cms, never mind 20 inches!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

How is it looking for Herfordshire & Essex? The BBC are saying there is a chance for snow - but how big?

What do we think?

MagicBat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm really pleased for those in the West who look like having a better chance of snow than they did a few days ago, but can I enquire as to whether this has diminished the chances for East Anglia?

Posted

i think this from the meto includes most areas :cold:

UK Outlook for Friday 18 Dec 2009 to Sunday 27 Dec 2009:

Initially it looks likely to be cold with sleet and snow showers, most of which will fall in northern and eastern areas, giving accumulations of snow in places. There is also the risk of some more persistent sleet or snow at times in northern parts whereas the driest conditions are most likely to occur in the south and west. There is also a risk of freezing fog patches. Many parts windy with a significant wind chill making it feel very cold. As we move into the following week we are likely to see a period of sleet and snow moving northwards across the UK, turning to rain in the south. Then, over the Christmas period we currently expect unsettled and occasionally windy conditions, and perhaps turning less cold at times.

Posted

Will it snow in Leeds?? Probably will, it always does.

Snow risk map looks okay, could be better. Not to worry though as i don't take much notice of them.post-8968-12607233424513_thumb.jpg

Edited by 10123

Posted

To keep it simple, the following regions stand to get the most snowfall during the period 16th-18th; parts of the north east, north east Midlands, EA and the parts of the south east. Eastern parts of the west Midlands will also see some snow during this period but not as much as the areas above.

If next weekend's northerly to north westerly airflow comes off, which I must say looks the more favoured follow-up after the easterly has passed through, then the north west, Wales, parts of the south west and the north and west Midlands would see the most snowfall.

Snow In Tunbridge Wells,Kent Many Thanks ! :cold:

Snow In Tunbridge Wells,Kent Many Thanks ! :lol:

Tunbridge wells snow? :cold: