• Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Will it snow here? :D :D

Had to ask :lol:

Posted

Will it snow here? :D :D

Had to ask :drinks:

Almost certainly will snow! From the easterly at first and later a smaller amount from the northerly. always best for a north easterly or easterly for the south east. although, saying that can be carried through on a north westerly! lol! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Cheers snowfish , :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Any hope for the west country in the next few days?

chance of snow tue/wed on high ground maybe? My net weather forecast widely gives me 30-70% snow risk from today all through week however all forecasts on tv/web say otherwise. wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Any hope for the west country in the next few days?

chance of snow tue/wed on high ground maybe? My net weather forecast widely gives me 30-70% snow risk from today all through week however all forecasts on tv/web say otherwise. wallbash.gif

fri sat or sunday i reckon.

Posted

To keep it simple, the following regions stand to get the most snowfall during the period 16th-18th; parts of the north east, north east Midlands, EA and the parts of the south east. Eastern parts of the west Midlands will also see some snow during this period but not as much as the areas above.

If next weekend's northerly to north westerly airflow comes off, which I must say looks the more favoured follow-up after the easterly has passed through, then the north west, Wales, parts of the south west and the north and west Midlands would see the most snowfall.

I see Northern Ireland has been left out of that. :-(

Edited by Magadan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

I'm so confused :D

Some people posting that everythings ok, that the cold and snow are on their way, others sound suicidal and say its going to be nothing but chilly with raining.

When will we know for certain whats going to happen, or is it that if I go out and come in covered in snow its snowing and it I come in wet its raining :D .

Thoroughly enjoying the build up even if it doesn't come to anything really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

I'm so confused :D

Thoroughly enjoying the build up even if it doesn't come to anything really.

I'm confusd too and the build up is likened to waiting for a filling at the mo.......

Posted

is there gonna be a chance we could see weather like we did in feb 1979 we had high winds all day around the 7th i think and it started snowing around 4pm by the next day we had drifts 15 ft deep , in places most roads were closed for a week and even the a303 main road from london to plymouth was shut for 3 days and when it did open they had only one lane free and had to use traffic lights . we had ten days off school it was fantastic clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

And now, after that early wake up call from Scotland last month, I see that the temperatures are dropping, the continent is cooling, the ramping thread has been posted and in hallowed corners, there are whispers of "The Beast From the East"

ohhhh yes, I'm back- certainly loons like snow is on it's way and will give many parts a little early festive feel. Also nice to see the xmas day forecast at least dealing with possiblilities lololol

darling - Iiiiii'm home :hi.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

The Beast from the East, seen last properly in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Its talked about on this forum every year.

The thing is, surly its not extinct this Beast, just been away for a bit.

Low sunspots and an economic recession are usually around at the same time lol.

Really do hope the Beast comes back, the charts look pretty good, we will see...

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Hi chaps... Does anyone think there's a good chance of disruptive snow in Scotland next weekend? Just wondering, not trying to wind folk up, honest!

Posted

I see Northern Ireland has been left out of that. :-(

Magadan,

Eastern parts of NI may see some white stuff later this week from the Easterly.

If the Northerly plays its part into the weekend we are in prime position for a pasting.

Posted

I would have to say that its difficult to predict where will get snow so far out, best bets are to wait about 24 hours before. If i were to hazard a guess, anything from an eastely depends entirley on the strength of the flow, might just be costal areas throughout the length of the UK but may penetrate further inland on a stronger flow. For the northerly, i doubt anywhere will miss out in something wintry but northern areas, Scotland, N England would be favoured.

No one will escape the cold but a few might escape the snow until the weekend then by that time i think everyone will have some snow type weather to talk about. Main areas over the next week will be the East, South East, Scotland and North Ireland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Ok my once and only will it snow post this winter :D...will it snow in Saddleworth?

Posted

My prediction of lying snow in UK by next Tuesday (22nd)

Kent - 6"

London - 4"

Essex - 7"

Norfolk - 10"

E Midlands - 10"

W Midlands - 7"

Suffolk - 10"

Lincolnshire - 12"

Derbyshire - 10"

Yorkshire - 20"

Cumbria - 24"

Tyneside - 24"

Co Durham - 28"

Scotland - 20"

I've just spat my coffee all over the computer screen. Twenty eight inches? Based on what?

John I think you've got just a little carried away.

Posted

Been reading through this thread and what seems to be very apparent is the predictors and generally everyone else seems to forget about poor South Wales, Cardiff!!!! Even the charts being provided constantly show Wales as green with absolutely zero chance of snow - even though the Will it snow predictor for my areac shows a 66% chance for Thursday and 100% chance for Friday!!!

Any chance someone can please shed some light on the snow forecast for the Cardiff area! After all, back in February we had the worst snow I ever remember with the main dual carriageway blocked in the space of 1 hour and completely closed by the white stuff!!

Just would be good for wales to be included in the charts being sent out!! Lets hope we do see some of the white stuff!

Posted

Short term i.e. till Wednesday - the highest risk for snow seems to be the higher parts of the SE such as the North Downs and Chilterns, with perhaps lower ground in SE Midland, Home Counties, Kent and western East Anglia at greatest risk.

On Thursday more generally the risk becomes greatest for eastern coastal parts of England less so Scotland at first then later on SE England,E Anglia, Lincolnshire, East Yorkshire and potentially NE England.

By Friday the above mentioned areas will be at greatest risk still but with some more central parts joining in i.e. much of central southern england, midlands, Peak District and Pennine locations, possibly SE Scotland and Central/east Cumbria

From Saturday the greatest risk will swing to Scotland especially the north and east, along with N Ireland and much of N England particularly Cumbria and Pennine areas, with N Wales joining in.

It leaves SW England and S Wales least likely to see snow this week.

Posted

still time for change guys although we really do deserve a nice covering at the very least.diablo.gif

still time for change though guys

we deserve a dusting of snow at the least dont you thinkdiablo.gif

Posted

I really hate the will it snow thing on Net weather, Its so inaccurate with due respect to forecasters of course.