Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Its snowing again now, and its just topping up the dusting, still , the ground isnt quite frozen yet

Since it's moving SW it won't be long till we get it now... :clap:

Edited by chris93

Posted

where abouts are you ?

It doesn't seem to be showing anyone's location at the moment whilst the server maintenance is ongoing - might be worth putting locations in posts temporarily until it's sorted.

And yes believe it or not - it's snowing in Chorley!! :lol:

Posted

Temperature has risen to -0.5c, here in Manchester, as some more snow moves in. It is really light though, the sort of snow that falls in an eerily slow fashion.

Posted

Woahhh hasn't it gone cold! Bitter out there tonight compared to this morning, that wind is so brrr. We were lucky enough to have half a dozen flakes on top of the car half an hour ago, nice fat ones too. My parents near Manchester Airport have had a dusting. That's about it for our area for now!

Edited by Louise

Posted

dodgeredee in Oldham

More showers piling in over in the East. Let's hope they have enough juice by the time they hit the pennines and beyond. One's thing guaranteed for tomorrow. Ice..ice...and more ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

It doesn't seem to be showing anyone's location at the moment whilst the server maintenance is ongoing - might be worth putting locations in posts temporarily until it's sorted.

And yes believe it or not - it's snowing in Chorley!! laugh.gif

oooppps my bad - too much excitement with all this snow falling :cold: Being serious now - steady falls in Rochdale atm, and settling nicely on pavements and roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Went out about 3pm and it was bitterly cold, and the wind chill was nasty too, just stared snowing here in Liverpool, big fat ones!

Posted

One of my nieces (at uni in Liverpool city centre) reported snow about 30 mins ago. I'm a few miles up the coast (between Liverpool and Southport) and we've had nothing. :cold:

Temperature currently 0.4c

edit... as I hit post my husband phoned to tell me it was snowing on him (he's just driving home and is 5 mins away). I went back to the window to check ... and there is snow visible in the light from the lamppost!! Tiny tiny flakes, but snow nonetheless.

Posted

Snow here, a very light dusting but nothing more than that. It lasted for about 10 mins, eased off now. Looks icy for tomorrow morning!

Posted

One of my nieces (at uni in Liverpool city centre) reported snow about 30 mins ago. I'm a few miles up the coast (between Liverpool and Southport) and we've had nothing. rolleyes.gif

It should be with you soon, you are a bit further West than me. Just checked the radar and there's a big blob of pink on my postcode and out towards the River Mersey?

Edited by Jan

Posted

One of my nieces (at uni in Liverpool city centre) reported snow about 30 mins ago. I'm a few miles up the coast (between Liverpool and Southport) and we've had nothing. :cold:

That's funny we had some flakes up here in Southport just before, but it was nothing much, it only gave a slight dusting.

Edited by chris93

Posted
It should be with you soon, you are a bit further West than me. Just checked the radar and there's a big blob of pink on my postcode and out towards the River Mersey?

That's funny we had some flakes up here in Southport just before, but it was nothing much, it only gave a slight dusting.

Yes, I've edited my first post - just as I hit post my husband rang and sent me to the window where, to my amazement and delight, I could see tiny snowflakes illuminated by the lamppost and dancing in the breeze.

Posted

We've had snow on and off for the last hour here, left a cm on grass. Quite a surprise!

Posted

Yes, I've edited my first post - just as I hit post my husband rang and sent me to the window where, to my amazement and delight, I could see tiny snowflakes illuminated by the lamppost and dancing in the breeze.

LOL you have such a picturesque way of describing things. Snowflakes smaller and finer now just a slight dusting on the pavements and cars.

Posted

Nice little dusting in South Manchester!

First day of the cold spell too.

Diane Oxbury on Tuesday - No snow for us in the North West.

Wrong oncemore Diane!

Our local weather presenters are a joke! I wish we had Paul Hadson from Look North - he loves snow!

Anyway, clear skies now but we should see some more snow after an hour or so.

Karyo

Posted

Awoke to a dusting of snow this am, and just had further snow this evening, about 1-2cm, nothing to much really. Not expecting any great amounts now, but maybe a bit more sometime over the weekend. If nothing else its making me feel a bit more festive. Current temp -2oC, Brrrrrr

Posted

Not much showing on the radar now, just pink speckles across the North West.

Posted

reports may make more sense if the location was shown in the info panel, is this a forum problem at the moment, mine isn't showing either :shok:

Puzzled of Douglas :shok:

Edited by Verglas

Posted

Here in Hale, Liverpool not 1 single snow flake. It's cold at 0.1C with a dew point of -2.9C temp has been slowly falling. (optimal conditions you'd think for some snow) Earlier this afternoon we had heavy dark grey clouds no precipitation. Cloudy conditions slowly gave way to partial clear skies with the odd whisp of cloud about.

Seems everywhere but my location has seen a flake or two. We are about roughly 4/5 miles east of Liverpool Airport. I wonder if my area will get anything tonight. Funny how you can be too far west (Liverpool) and be told you will see nothing (then you get snow) then over towards cheshire where we should have been getting something absolutely nothing.

Very strange how it seems everywhere in the region is seeing this snow even the milder west facing coasts, yet further south of the region (mersey) absolutely nothing.

Edited by HotCuppa