Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 2

Methuselah

Don't forget to watch out for those showers now moving in from the west ahead of the front! -1.7c with dewpoint -2c here currently.

I read this and immediately checked the radar (thinking, hmmm, showers, I think not) and then saw the wee shower steaming right towards me!!! It should be snowing here in about 10 minutes, thanks for the heads up Ross :fool:

Edit: That was quicker than I thought. Snowing now :(

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

I read this and immediately checked the radar (thinking, hmmm, showers, I think not) and then saw the wee shower steaming right towards me!!! It should be snowing here in about 10 minutes, thanks for the heads up Ross :fool:

No probs :( They will start to die out soon as the front catches them so hope it gets to you quickly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Torrential sleety rain has arrived...5-10cm predicted! :(:(:fool:

give it a couple of hours and the temp should drop - but whether it'll be low enough for snow at sea level is doubtful. ;):(

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

updated future radar

viewimagepbx.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Nice image on the Meto radar of the front moving south. You can clearly see the intensification as it heads its way down.

Ah, the snow has turned to rain now... :D (I am talking about the wee shower heading ESE towards Glasgow)

Although it will just freeze on contact with the ground so it is going to be very icy now.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

give it a couple of hours and the temp should drop - but whether it'll be low enough for snow at sea level is doubtful. ;):D

If it lasts that long???

Now it's a blizzard! :D

Posted

met office- future radar 15:00 looks messy

capturepe.png

Posted

Ah, the snow has turned to rain now... :D (I am talking about the wee shower heading ESE towards Glasgow)

Although it will just freeze on contact with the ground so it is going to be very icy now.

So it was snowing in Kilmalcolm and now its turned to rain? (or have you heard elsewhere? ) I'm not that optimistic anymore about today!

Posted

The colder air does seem to be digging in quite quickly behind the main band of precipitation with temperatures dropping about 4c in the last 3 hours in Kirkwall. For central and southern areas I'd say they may benefit from some cold temperatures and dewpoints this morning - still around freezing with dewpoints around -2c across most of the central belt.

Posted

The colder air does seem to be digging in quite quickly behind the main band of precipitation with temperatures dropping about 4c in the last 3 hours in Kirkwall. For central and southern areas I'd say they may benefit from some cold temperatures and dewpoints this morning - still around freezing with dewpoints around -2c across most of the central belt.

still below freezing here

So it was snowing in Kilmalcolm and now its turned to rain? (or have you heard elsewhere? ) I'm not that optimistic anymore about today!

The wee shower which is passing through started as snow and then turned to rain very quickly. Having said that the precip didn't get very heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I'm watching that front like a halk. Wonder if it will split and encircle east central as it usually does when it's from the north?

Sorry, I was trying to attach a radar shot but the forum didn't like the bmp file so I had to resave it as something else. Here is the shower just clipping my location, it may have been snow in the main shower??

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

I noticed the BBC predicted 4c max for Glasgow today. Cant see that with the cold start there's been.

Glasgow city maybe but outside Glasgow still below freezing