Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 2

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Snowing again in cowdenbeath although the last lot has melted and the ground is wet so doubt it will stick.....its getting heavier though biggrin.gif

Aye,

Mrs Big Innes called me at my work tae tell me that its a richt Christmas Card scene back hameclap.gif

Looks like Lomond Snow's predictions were pretty near the mark! (Well done mate)drinks.gif

Big Innes.

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

Aye,

Mrs Big Innes called me at my work tae tell me that its a richt Christmas Card scene back hameclap.gif

Looks like Lomond Snow's predictions were pretty near the mark! (Well done mate)drinks.gif

Big Innes.

Why can the meto never get it right for my area? Its not meant to be snowing today according to them, and now they have changed the forecast for the weekend :clap: not happy!

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

heavy snow now here in south lanarkshire

Posted

Bright and sunny in Greenock....

Whats the chances of some snow for us today!!!!

try the will it snow on this site its pretty good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

little dinky flakes although quite heavy, still a little wet on the ground here too.

looks like everywhere changing weekend outlook? not sure what to think at the mo!

Edited by snowy owl

Posted

little dinky flakes although quite heavy, still a little wet here too.

looks like everywhere changing weekend outlook? not sure what to think at the mo!

not staying on for long then turning sleety again but its setting in for sure

latest radar data

viewimagepbx.png

latest image

dsc00557n.jpg

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted

Snowing again in cowdenbeath although the last lot has melted and the ground is wet so doubt it will stick.....its getting heavier though biggrin.gif

Still snowing, going on almost 2 hours now. Its laying and looking very pretty. Lets hope it stays.

Posted

I love it - no warnings, no mention on the BBC - and what happens! 2cms of lying snow on the western outskirts of Edinburgh and traffic chaos! Even in the city centre/Leith patchy snow is left 3 hours since the last heavy shower...

Posted

I love it - no warnings, no mention on the BBC - and what happens! 2cms of lying snow on the western outskirts of Edinburgh and traffic chaos! Even in the city centre/Leith patchy snow is left 3 hours since the last heavy shower...

yep will probably get a flash update at 6pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Just home from work, came back through the city-centre. Surprisng how much slush there is on the pavements, busy night in A&E tonight if that freezes over. Doesn't feel marginal at all now and another couple of beefy showers would stick for sure and give the miidle of town a Xmasy castor-sugar look. In the balance I feel though ... from the radar and from looking out of the window, theres more stuff to come in but not especially heavy. And probably the window of easterly opportunity will close here in 6-12 hours. No reason though why areas N , S and E - and a little bit west - of here shouldn't have a visible covering by morning ... a few mm's .. or a centimetre or two at best.

You got that one wrong Heather !

Edited by by-tor

Posted

snow already laying sky looks very heavy atm :)

Posted

There is an alert out on NW, alas it doesn't cover us even though it's clearly adverse conditions up here already. You outta try walking/driving in shiny black ice roads/pavements - need bloody danger money in my line of work, LOL

Edit: sleet gradually becoming snow :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

A little bit of snow and traffic comes to a standstill whistling.gif

Ok dont know why my pic didnt load but the bypass is a nightmarewacko.gif

Just had a delivery and the driver tells me parts of Edinburgh are anightmare, not gritted and lorries sliding about all over the place.? no weather warnings as you say so no grit out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Why can the meto never get it right for my area? Its not meant to be snowing today according to them, and now they have changed the forecast for the weekend :) not happy!

What is your area, SL2??? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just home from work, came back through the city-centre. Surprisng how much slush there is on the pavements, busy night in A&E tonight if that freezes over. Doesn't feel marginal at all now and another couple of beefy showers would stick for sure and give the miidle of town a Xmasy castor-sugar look. In the balance I feel though ... from the radar and from looking out of the window, theres more stuff to come in but not especially heavy. And probably the window of easterly opportunity will close here in 6-12 hours. No reason though why areas N , S and E - and a little bit west - of here shouldn't have a visible covering by morning ... a few mm's .. or a centimetre or two at best.

You got that one wrong Heather !

Well I never! she did didn't she. I forgive her though! :)

Posted

I dont understand, the BBC local weather video for Scotland shows a massive amount of snow for East/Central Scotland on Sat then for the West on Sunday...why is there no warnings for it? This is pretty much a dead cert isnt it? I dont understand it at all. There is so much hype about SE England yet looking on the Sat images, it looks like the big showers are going to miss it completely and flow right down the channel!!

Can anyone shed any light on this snow event on Sat and Sun?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Mate I just saw 2 of them gritting George Street. 12 hours too late as usual !

Just had a delivery and the driver tells me parts of Edinburgh are anightmare, not gritted and lorries sliding about all over the place.? no weather warnings as you say so no grit out?