Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Cold Spell Discussion 2

M'Lady

Posted

As dearest Shuggee has said before... 'Please use this thread to have a good old chat about the prospects for something wintry in north west England.'

And, as so many others have said through the years... "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Oh, and just a little reminder, while the servers are stressing, can we continue putting our locations in our posts. :shok: Thank you

M'Lady in wintry (at minus 0.3c) Waterloo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
<BR>The 19:00 hours radar is very good news!<BR>It clearly shows the stream of showers from Yorkshire heading for our region. I don't think they will have a problem crossing the Pennines.<BR><BR><A class=bbc_url title="External link" href="http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/" rel="nofollow external">http://www.metoffice...ather/uk/radar/</A><BR><BR>Karyo<BR>
<BR><BR>Those showers look even more intense on the raintoday.co.uk site and as i speak Rochdale has dissapeared out of sight which means one thing ..... heads up mate ! :shok:<BR><BR><BR>

Posted

<BR><BR>Those showers look even more intense on the raintoday.co.uk site and as i speak Rochdale has dissapeared out of sight which means one thing ..... heads up mate ! :)<BR><BR><BR>

Indeed! I can see the shower coming towards me (Manchester)! It should start snowing soon!

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Focus of Snow switches to Scotland , N.Ireland and NW England on Saturday/Sunday according to Rob McElwee on News 24 at 19:57 :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers and bitterly cold winters with lots of snow

Just started snowing here lightly in Whiston near St. helens. :lol:

Posted

Indeed! I can see the shower coming towards me (Manchester)! It should start snowing soon!

Karyo

Karyo which side of manchester are you? ..im east ish. in Dukinfield

Edited by Dingwantssnow

Posted

Karyo which side of manchester are you? ..im east ish. in Dukinfield

I am in city centre. The snow shower passed very quickly from here not adding to anything really.

Waiting for more!

Karyo

Posted

It looks as though the Manchester area could end up with quite a decent covering tonight looking at the radar. My showers seem to have more hills to pass over and are dumping most of the snow on the Skipton/Clitheroe area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

just returned from a trip over the tops to yorkshire and there is plenty of snow around :blink: Although the eastern side has a fair covering, once you get to Saddleworth and down towards Rochdale the flurries are now turning into decent bursts of prolonged heavier snowfalls, and there is a strong wind driving it all too. A few days of this and the area with look very festive indeed yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

just looking at the motorway webcams, the only ones showing much are the M62, mainly Leeds side

(link if you want to explore)

This cam is closest to my area its the M60 at chadderton :

M60 Chadderton CAM

Posted

The two cams between Jctn 21/22 M62 Rishworth Moor are always worth keeping an eye on. Winds are always strong up that way, and if the snows heavy it could drift off the surrounding hills. Don't think it has been closed yet due to heavy snowfall though? I could be wrong.

Posted

its slowly beginning to warm up in the south of the region, perhaps a warm sector of air is here. We got down to -1.3C and now its risen in the past hour to 1C dew point is very low -4.6C

The showers seem to be confined to North Liverpool / Southport / Blackpool way..Just seen it snowing at Goodison Park. Maybe we'll get something this evening in the south of the region but I am far from hopeful its pretty much dry, no sign of any precipitation and to make matters worse as described above the temp has climbed a tad.