Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Snow Club

Cookie

Posted

Hi All,

No snow from an easterly, no snow from a northerly.

I appreciate I live in London but do feel deflated and mislead by some of the forecasts that were given.

If we can't get any from these temps then I really don't hold much hope for the rest of the winter. A bit dramatic I know but to get nothing from Fridays easterly was unbeleviable.

Now, I am way over in the Westcountry, but according to the telly and paper London and the Southeast had been brought to a standstill by blizzards. Just goes to show that you can't go by what the media reports. Someone else said a day or so ago that they had nothing in Kent, when the media was saying how bad it was in Kent.

I shall henceforth take all media reports with a large pinch of salt. What a load of rubbish the media is.

Posted

Now this is a club I have to join, whether I like it or not. Snow to my west, north and east but as usual nothing here. Not even any showers into the SW from the NW which is usually quite a good direction. Latest charts and BBC forecasts show nothing here tonight when they were showing wintry showers. Even tomorrow when something tries to push up to my south it just slips to the east again ans were left with nothing again! Of course when its too warm for snow the rain doesn't do this!

:)

It even started raining at -1.9c last night! meant it was very icy but no snow. If the snow doesn't come to me I'm going to have to go to it!

Posted

Still nothing but the tiniest dusting here in Gloucester - and prospects not good. sob! sob!

Did go to some snow today though - all of three miles away!

R

Posted

Greetings from Shrewsbury, the headquarters of the No Snow Club. One 15-minute snow grain shower on Thursday and the same for 2 minutes yesterday lunchtime, before the front from the north moved in last night and gave nothing but rain. Even though it hadn't been above 2C for three days and the soil was still frozen, it rained and didn't even sleet. Just the latest in a long series of letdowns (eg 2008 no lying snow all year, last Feb a max of 5cm when most places had 10-15, countless times when it's snowed 15 mles away and not here....).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Stafford by a mile worst area for snow now in the even larger teapot, used to have loads as a small boy, I have had a little snow, dusting thursday and 20 minute flurry yesterday

think I want this cold spell over now as my snow prospects for rest of Dec, are very slim, reset and start a new cold spell, Xmas day looking less cold and dry, then atlantic taking over, hope for snow in Jan

Posted

Stafford by a mile worst area for snow now in the even larger teapot, used to have loads as a small boy, I have had a little snow, dusting thursday and 20 minute flurry yesterday

think I want this cold spell over now as my snow prospects for rest of Dec, are very slim, reset and start a new cold spell, Xmas day looking less cold and dry, then atlantic taking over, hope for snow in Jan

You've had more than us this time, just like at Easter 2008, Nov 2005 and 1996 to name a few others I can remember you mentioning :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Very much still an unwilling member of the club, I doubt we will see any snow here now before the cold snap is out of the way. Looking at the radar the snow to the south is going to miss here too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Nothing but a covering of hail here. What a letdown.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

watch out guys deep freeze on the way lmao.

its been crap absolutely rubbish same every year all the hype what a let down.

but merry christmas all.

and dont bother asking santa to bring you a snowfeat over winter 09/10 because its not going to be what we are hoping for last winter was better even if it was dry.

typical even larger teapot and i hate that term but its fact our old skool winters are long gone and they dont look like returning.:whistling:

Posted

watch out guys deep freeze on the way lmao.

its been crap absolutely rubbish same every year all the hype what a let down.

but merry christmas all.

and dont bother asking santa to bring you a snowfeat over winter 09/10 because its not going to be what we are hoping for last winter was better even if it was dry.

typical even larger teapot and i hate that term but its fact our old skool winters are long gone and they dont look like returning.:lol:

Really? You've had NO snow in Portsmouth?? Strange as I know two people who live there who said they have had the best covering for years. :lol:

Still not a flake here in Weymouth. No surprise we are in one of the most sheltered places in the UK when it comes to snow. It has been a fantastic start to the winter for so many in the UK

Following on from a fabulous 2009 snow/cold-wise, despite what some wish for, I think we can finally say goodbye to the 'even larger teapot'. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Really? You've had NO snow in Portsmouth?? Strange as I know two people who live there who said they have had the best covering for years. :lol:

Still not a flake here in Weymouth. No surprise we are in one of the most sheltered places in the UK when it comes to snow. It has been a fantastic start to the winter for so many in the UK

Following on from a fabulous 2009 snow/cold-wise, despite what some wish for, I think we can finally say goodbye to the 'even larger teapot'. :lol:

yeah 1 night i would not class that as classic.

Edited by badboy657

Posted

yeah 1 night i would not class that as classic.

I never inferred it was a classic but that is not a bad return for this setup for where you live.

I have lived in Weymouth all my life (bar a couple of years inbetween being born and now!) and can remember the snow events of the seventies and eighties. I can ALSO remember the countless occasions, both as a kid listening to my dad, and as an adult, being so disappointed because we ended having rain/sleet. We would have to drive to high ground to see anything tangible. I'm afraid that what is true today was also true 30+ years ago from my perspective.

I admit to start to have my doubts when we had a long awful run from the mid nineties to a couple of years ago but my faith has now been restored thanks to 2008/09 and now winter 2009/10. The 'even larger teapot' theory is largely based on South Westerly blowtorch dross and a predominate Northerly PFJ. This 'theory' has been blown out of the water since 2007.

The bottom line is, if you like to see snow, do not live near the south coast (or indeed other places that have always been susceptable to marginal conditions).

Posted

Not sure if I am still a member of this club or not. Had about 1mm overnight here in Gloucester but all gone now

R

Posted

Looks like only those of us in Gloucester have managed to miss all the snow :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Looks like only those of us in Gloucester have managed to miss all the snow :cray:

Im I the only member now? :unknw:

And looking to be dry for the next few days so I dont expect to leave the club anytime soon!

Posted

I can join the club no snow here!!! Never snows here :unknw:

no snow from the cold snap so far here on the downs in west sussex! trying to make out the prospects for the week ahead ECM shows huge potential while the meto further outlook goes for northern and eastern areas!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

No snow here, not unusual for us though as we need to have a channel low for a decent dumping. Anything else is always short lived. Hopefully we'll get some Tues night/Weds am but I'm not betting on it.

Posted

Im I the only member now? :whistling:

And looking to be dry for the next few days so I dont expect to leave the club anytime soon!

Nah - I'll join. Not a flake here. (Did well before Christmas so couldn't join then!)