Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stockholm 22/12-2009

Hello everyone!

This recent time has given some chillyness way into the Continent, and it has also been quite cold up in Scandinavia.

The snow which has fallen now in December is mainly by snow showers from the Baltic sea, drifting towards Stockholm

in this powerful NE-wind.

The snow depth in Stockholm County is varying quite much depending on where the showers have been, and they have

appeared very locally in some areas with great accumulations. Near the coasts depths up to 50 cm are present,

while in my area inland, just 20-30 cm!

This day I managed my self to go outside for a walk. The temperature hit -14°c in the morning and was quite steadily

around -11°c when I went outside at 12:00. But since a warm front with snow did approach from the SW, temperatures rose

during the day and hit a balmy -3°c at midnight with some light snowfall.

DSC_0246.jpg

Very cold and crisp weather outside. Note the cloud wall in the sky!

DSC_0247-1.jpg

The snow piles are growing now for every day coming. Now it seems that big parts of Europe will go through a milder

part during the Christmas, while we will progressively go against colder conditions to the new year!

DSC_0251.jpg

I managed my way down to the road, and some SC and AC swept in. It was so cold outside that the sand and salt

mixture on the snow didn't melt at all despite the high traffic load during the Pre-Christmas shopping time!

The forecast for tomorrow at Christmas Eve is around -5°c and maybe some sunshine, so it seems that it will

statistically be one of the colder and snowier ones! One of the best circumstances in years!

I hope that all of you will get White Christmases over the continent. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Sillkalven

Posted

So nice photos.

Stockholm is a Nice City. I want to go there.

Thank you, Merry Christmas too.

Greetings from Spain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Thanks for another update, Sillkaven...And a Merry Christmas to you and yours from Scotland! :cold::cold::oops::rofl::rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Brilliant shots there, very festive indeed. I particularly like the first one with the cloud wall. Lovely. :yahoo: