Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Cracking streamer this marcus.Has intensified more to come at least another 2 hrs with reds IN IT.

Yeah its great, if this keeps up for another 6 hours we could be seeing totals of around 6 inches

Posted

Not sure on directions but the Heavier stuff out in Cardigan bay or whatever seems to be heading more south than South East, then heading more SSE when it comes on to land. You may get lucky.

I'll keep everything crossed. :cold:

bbc weather just said there may be a few showers around in south wales tonight.

If these showers were in the South East of England there'd be bedlum and headlines on every news channel.

Tell me about it. And if the south east had had the cold and snow that Scotland have recently endured it would be flamin' Armageddon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

getting heavier and faster now coming down

Posted

I wonder if any of you peeps in the valleys near Cwmdare know of my uncle, he was in the South Wales local paper laugh.gif

http://www.walesonli...91466-25395238/

No sorry don't know of him but the theatre he was at is only 100 yards from my house. Couldn't get to see him.

Snowing lightly here wit about 2-3 cms at the moment

Posted

Gggrrr according to the radar it should be snowing here now and for the next 1 - 2 hrs but its stopped. We have a covering but WE NEED MORE!

I am soo impatient!

Posted

yeah, you seem to have a long stream of snow heading your way. some heavy stuff bearing down on you as well.

yes mate just look at the radar seems i will have snow tonight

just hoping it dont turn to sleet as im near the sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im actually getting worried that most of it might miss me, everything getting covered now, moderat now but still fairly small flakes, they need to get bigger!!

Posted

Im actually getting worried that most of it might miss me, everything getting covered now, moderat now but still fairly small flakes, they need to get bigger!!

it's not gonna miss you.

Posted

stopped here now, that could be it!

Posted

The band that is out over cardigan bay at the moment - where is this progged to go? Also, i estimated that there would be about 1 - 2 hours worth from the large area over us on the radar - would that seem about right?

xx

Posted

The band that is out over cardigan bay at the moment - where is this progged to go? Also, i estimated that there would be about 1 - 2 hours worth from the large area over us on the radar - would that seem about right?

xx

It looked like that here but its cleared us, 10 minutes of heavy snow lol, maybe further east it will last much longer.

Posted

xx

yes, looking at it, something like 2 hours plus of snow in total, and that band you're on about seems to be slipping south of us for now. i'll keep an eye on it though.

It looked like that here but its cleared us, 10 minutes of heavy snow lol, maybe further east it will last much longer.

weird, you're right in the middle of it on the radar

Posted

yes, looking at it, something like 2 hours plus of snow in total, and that band you're on about seems to be slipping south of us for now. i'll keep an eye on it though.

Yes. I think its travelling almost Southerly - will miss us - Swansea area to get that one....