Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Model Output Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Greenland High = Lovely Scottish skiing so I am very happy! Seems this possible set up would benefit everyone as the block moves from Iceland (good for the south) back towards Greenland (return of Northerlies and North Easterlies!)

Posted

OMG what a stunning, sensational, unbelievable, every superlative you can think of ECM run! that is simply synoptics not seen since 1963!

The easterly now also looks stronger so it's really the best model output we've ever seen since we've been on the internet and may not see again for decades!

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

Certainly looking like we're well and truly cemented into a cold block, going to take some massive atmospheric warming to kick us out of this.

The ECM easterly is very cold one. Probably slightly colder then what we have at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

I would bank the ECM 00z run if I could because it would give the most sustained severe wintry spell for many years. The gfs 00z attemps something similar but is a near miss in my opinion and way too messy. We really have struck gold though with this current evolving wintry spell, especially for southern and eastern areas but even if you are unlucky enough to miss the snow, there will be ice days with severe frosts so its a win win situation really for everyone.