Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

surely at least 5cm for bristol if we miss out now that is even worst than earler but thats not going to happen right does anyone have netweather radar whats the predictive radar showing

Posted

The centre of the low is currently over Frome.

The precipitation is 3 hours ahead of the gfs charts (compare radar positionings with the 9 o clock gfs HERE ) or its heavy and more progressive.

The Key time for Devon and Cornwall is between 11pm and 3am in my view.

BARRY - you must have just got a covering from that shower that just left a covering in Plymouth an hour ago? next hour looks good for another dusting.

Paul

just started here first snow of the winter for us, mind you it is not much but heres hoping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

South Today News had a reporter at Wimborne Town Centre tonight. I think he was sent there as we were supposed to get the expected 40cm over night. It started to snow as he was reporting but it has stopped as quickly as it started. The reporter mentioned panic buying of essentials in Wimborne and I can support this as Sainsburys was absolutely packed at 11.00am. The milk and bread aisles were practically empty. This says a lot for our belief in the BBC ! Never mind, at least Mr Sainsburys is happy. :)

Edited by Snowkissed

Posted

Its looking good snow shifting south now i can see west of gloucestershire :) cmon we haved to have a snow day tomorrow

Posted

that explains why the stars r out here, so thats it then for us is it??

fromeydrinks.gif

I would have thought that you should get some light to moderate snow for a while as it starts to sink south. Early morning to early afternoon tomorrow. For now its using you as a catapult to shoot other areas!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I'll eat my hat if its snowing here in Weston around 9pm. The low has hardly moved. Still to be convinced about events for my area tonight.

According to the BBC,10-15cm before dawn, then poss another 5cm through the day. I will run around naked in my street if that happens.

Posted

Wind rising and veering NNW now, and pressure rising...so the low is off and moving in a generally eastward direction.

Temp still above zero, with dewpoint at freezing. That should drop as the low moves away east. My sense is that the low is perhaps a little further north than the compooters reckoned on their last runs.

I don't think it is all over for Somerset...if the low moves more eastwards, as Richard Angwin just suggested, then the southward wrap could hit Somerset harder than Devon. And, anyway, looks like there will be further snow as the low eventually sinks south tomorrow afternoon.

Posted

they have had to shut the factory where hubby works out at south molton .. no one can get there, roads are impassible up there now. so he has the night off as well. Gritter got stuck up the road a few hours ago. still snowing here went outside and its that lovely squeaky stuff proper snow. Loads of fun over on the north devon/ cornwall coast. dont forget us over here..

kaz x

Posted

I'll eat my hat if its snowing here in Weston around 9pm. The low has hardly moved. Still to be convinced about events for my area tonight.

According to the BBC,10-15cm before dawn, then poss another 5cm through the day. I will run around naked in my street if that happens.

I just tried it!! dont do it Steve its too cold for being A Naturist :)