Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion Part 2

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Did you read it?

XCWeather site is showing winds of 30 MPH and higher off the East coast with moderate snowfall.

This would constitute possible blizzard conditions. As a result I would attend to agree with the posters from the East coast of Suffolk (Ipswich area).

Posted

:clap:

35mph winds? visibilty down to 200m? Really?

Lizzie does it really matter. :lol:

Posted

XCWeather site is showing winds of 30 MPH and higher off the East coast with moderate snowfall.

This would constitute possible blizzard conditions. As a result I would attend to agree with the posters from the East coast of Suffolk (Ipswich area).

At the moment the wind speed in Ipwich is 9MPH, highest gust recorded today 12mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Starting to snow in Norwich now, and it looks like this stuff is slowly heading up from the south-east. Quite pleased to see this, for conditions are not expected to turn marginal until tomorrow.

Posted

Lizzie does it really matter. :clap:

My thoughts exactly . . . heavy snow, winds . . people excited about something they probably have not seen in a long while.

I am happy for those who are getting snow just hope they are blowing it this way too!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

To be fair he did say "like a blizzard" which isn't as bad as claiming that it's an actual blizzard.

Posted

Lizzie does it really matter. :clap:

It's inaccurate, this is a weather forum, some of us would like to know what's actually going on. if there really was a blizzard somewhere I'd love to know as they are very rare here, especially in the south.

Everone reporting blizzard like conditions probably don't understand what one is.

Posted

Is that what constitutes a blizzard? I'm not versed in weather jargon that's why I likened it to a blizzard.

Well, it was quite windy, snow nearly horizontal and visibility quite restricted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Been snowing for the past hour now, at times heavily. Temperature now -1.1C....yet another ice day!

Definately touching blizzard conditions here now with the drifting snow.

In the heavier snow visability is down to less than 100m and the wind is gusting 34mph, so it is touching a true blizzard.

Shame I broke my leg on the 2nd and have watched most of this great period of weather from Ipswich hospital, and for the past 2 days from my sofa. If I was able I would be straight out there in it.

Posted

To be fair he did say "like a blizzard" which isn't as bad as claiming that it's an actual blizzard.

indeed, but wind speeds like that aren't even nearly blizzard like

http://www.ipswichweather.net/Current.htm

Posted

It's inaccurate, this is a weather forum, some of us would like to know what's actually going on. if there really was a blizzard somewhere I'd love to know as they are very rare here, especially in the south.

Everone reporting blizzard like conditions probably don't understand what one is.

It is a general public weather forum, not a professional met's needed to be exact. If someone says blizzard like, treat it with caution and accept that they mean heavy snow being blown around alot.