Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I hereby declare this day to be Snow Day, the funnest day in the history of Springfield Kesgrave! drinks.gif Anyone know how to put a roof on an igloo? I don't want to bring it down after labouring for 2 hours on it?

Google? I don't have many Inuit friends for some strange reason :drinks:

Posted

Well i hope the north sea can pep it up a bit because it is only ready brek snow

North sea?? Are you sure you don't mean the channel because if it travels up the north sea most of SE ad EA will miss out!!?? I think the stuff over Kent is meant to join up with the snow over Germany.....

Posted

Maybe a bit later then 1800 hrs as it is quite slow(ish).

well thats going by the MetO .as for me im going to be around for quiet a few years on this planet so i dont mind waiting :drinks:

Posted

If that Invent precip chart is anything to go by then Ipswich will be coming up trumps, for those in and around Ipswich zoom into the town a bit on the map and we are under 2-4mm per hour ppn - that as snow would be about 5cm after 2 hours :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Very light snow here. You can tell this is going to last a while, as the cloud is uniform and grey, not like shower cloud. Just hope it stays as snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Very light snow here. You can tell this is going to last a while, as the cloud is uniform and grey, not like shower cloud. Just hope it stays as snow.

It will stay as snow, do not fear :)

Posted

Current temp is 1.7c and falling.

Had some snow overnight and a little this morning now have approx 1.5 inches of lying snow.

Hope you all got some more snow last night

Janet x

Posted

And it is finally here...First moderate snow falling in Ipswich from this band moving in. Had flakes blowing in the wind for the last hour almost, but some proper stuff coming from the sky now.

Just on time for my 13.00 prediction, its blowing a lot in the wind, if it were to get heavy then some drifting would occur - that would be cool.

Posted

Personally I would take little notice of the warnings and I would say the same if Peterborough had a take action warning.

Nobody really knows how the precip will develop. All I know is the snow in the SE will spread NW and could bring 48hrs of persistant snowfall. I would actually say the Met O have this wrong for Monday. The GFS indicates the snow will be heavier in N England but also N parts of this region ie. N Norfolk, N Cambs.

As for the BBC and to be honest some of their forecasts have been very odd. Last night no blobs across our region and yet the radar/sat suggested otherwise. The snow event last Tues was handled poorly and it took the BBC till 6pm to say what I said at 10am!

The problem these days is too much focus is placed on the models. A simple glance at the radar/sat can give a much more accurate forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

WOW the wind with this snow makes it feel really raw outside! yes spot on Pinball - certainly the possibility of drifting later today as more snow falls

Posted

Personally I would take little notice of the warnings and I would say the same if Peterborough had a take action warning.

Nobody really knows how the precip will develop. All I know is the snow in the SE will spread NW and could bring 48hrs of persistant snowfall. I would actually say the Met O have this wrong for Monday. The GFS indicates the snow will be heavier in N England but also N parts of this region ie. N Norfolk, N Cambs.

As for the BBC and to be honest some of their forecasts have been very odd. Last night no blobs across our region and yet the radar/sat suggested otherwise. The snow event last Tues was handled poorly and it took the BBC till 6pm to say what I said at 10am!

The problem these days is too much focus is placed on the models. A simple glance at the radar/sat can give a much more accurate forecast.

Tankyou TEITS, another great post and I hope some people pay attention to it!!!

I really hope for snow but i can't see any one west of essex and north of sussex and kent getting very much at all. I really hope i am proved wrong.

Look at TEITS post!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

luton ,milton keynes ,lowestoft ,parts north of M25 ,as in barnet ,waltham cross and so on ,according to the MetO graphics ,1800 hrs we should start to see snow by then

Yes, Yes, Yes.....

yahoo.gif

Posted

Snow falling nicely in Woodbridge too drinks.gif so, fellow Suffolk people- is this more or less here to stay for the day now?!

Posted

Wow 48hrs Dave? What period are you talking about, this thats travelling north at the moment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Tankyou TEITS, another great post and I hope some people pay attention to it!!!

Look at TEITS post!

TEITS posts are usually good because they usually feed our hope! I'm not knocking him by any means because I do have a lot of respect for him, but I've found with many on here that forecasts are often done with a lot of heart mixed in with the head!

Being no expert myself and certainly nowhere in TEITS league, I've nevertheless had this gut feeling that the warnings of yesterday were being overdone. On the forum there's a tendency to get optimisim into the forum. From the BBC perspective they are on a win win situation if they overhype things... getting praise for getting it right and if they're wrong, well there's no newsworthy event and no ones in the media is paying attention to their wrong forecast.

I've found that the two best snow events of this year we've had were largely not forecast! In Feb we got all our snow from a Thames Streamer which i only read about on here, while the bid band of snow that was then forecast to fall on top of it failed to materialise.

the snow we got on wednesday was mainly supposed to hit further west according to the forecast just a day earlier.