Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 7

Posted

Here in north Chelmsford it has been light snow on and off during the day. Enough to make you look out the window but nothing to get too excited about. Just seems blooming cold and damp

H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

I was well suprised to see it snowing this morning at around 7.30am, was like this all day with a heavy snow shower midday. if it had snowed like that for the rest of the day we would of had a good covering!!

It stopped snowing here at about 5ish. Very cold here -0.5c but feels much coldercold.gif

Im debating on buying a sledge, what do you all think, should i go buy one or do you think its tempting fate??cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I was well suprised to see it snowing this morning at around 7.30am, was like this all day with a heavy snow shower midday. if it had snowed like that for the rest of the day we would of had a good covering!!

It stopped snowing here at about 5ish. Very cold here -0.5c but feels much coldercold.gif

Im debating on buying a sledge, what do you all think, should i go buy one or do you think its tempting fate??cc_confused.gif

Hi, go buy one i agree with snowman if anything we will get a snowday out of this, think snowman will agree let the cold get established so the fun and games can start, also if all models play ball next week could be the one for lots of snow, just to early to pin it down at the mo.

Edited by silver line

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Hi everyone,

Started snowing in the morning (5-6am) and stopped an hour ago, there are some flakes which are still falling.

Will Luton see anymore snow now and tomorrow?

Posted

Hi everyone,

Started snowing in the morning (5-6am) and stopped an hour ago, there are some flakes which are still falling.

I'd be interested to find out for IMBY too, especially as it looks like that 'orrible Northants lot have got more than us!! lol

Posted

Today was quite a suprise for me, I was only expecting a few flurries but it was quite persistant throughout the day

Hi everyone,

Probably not tonight but I think by tomorrow morning shower activity will pick up again and snow showers should move quite far inland

Its drying up now so I hope and I think that snow from now onwards will settle without hesistation :yahoo:

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Today was quite a suprise for me, I was only expecting a few flurries but it was quite persistant throughout the day

Probably not tonight but I think by tomorrow morning shower activity will pick up again and snow showers should move quite far inland

Its drying up now so I hope and I think that snow from now onwards will settle without hesistation smile.gif

Agree with that about snowfall today, think it shows hard to gauge from models at times for ppn regarding snow, snowing quite heavy here now probably just a short burst.drinks.gif

Posted

Agree with that about snowfall today, think it shows hard to gauge from models at times for ppn regarding snow, snowing quite heavy here now probably just a short burst.:yahoo:

Hopefully this is a sign for things to come, more snow around than forecast. FAX charts show a trough hitting our region on Wednesday, which could give accumilations in quite a few areas. Im certainly looking at it..

http://www.meteociel...h=48&carte=2000

Just also want to add in a post from Cooling Climate, who is based in this region and who I think makes excellent posts on the model thread:

So slightly less cold tomorrow (perhaps) and then becoming cold to very cold over the

Midlands, east Anglia, central southern and southeast England wednesday onwards with

the likelyhood of perhaps some substanstial snowfall for the more eastern and southeastern

areas of the country.

Very cold and snowy across the UK next week.

Im watching this week and maybe even next week with a lot of intrest. Lets see what the models show in the next few days and hopefully plenty of snow oppurtunites for the whole of EA + 3 Counties :yahoo:

Also I think the current warnings for Kent + East Sussex on Thursday/Friday will be extended from the Met, as proven many times over this winter

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

There was some nice fat flakes and heavier stuff at work in Bedford between ~ 3 - 5pm, didn't settle in the town centre, but got home in Rushden to find a light cover on the roofs, grass, cars etc. I wouldn't rule out snow showers tonight, certainly after midnight. Won't amount to a great deal but I think will settle. Max temps for tomorrow are grossly overestimated in my opinion, especially if it remains mostly overcast. Temperatures here are only slightly above freezing, 0.2C and with as far I can see, full cloud cover.

Posted

Yes I was pleasentky suprised today too. Nothing stuck (at all) but it snowed all day (from about 6am till 5/6pm) - some of which was quite heavy. It made me more optimistic about our chances for snowfall during the rest of this week; though this has, in turn, made me doubt it!

I would imagine that we would still see a few more flakes before the week is out though

Posted

Evening folks, will open a new thread shortly smile.gif

Thats a good sign.drinks.gif

Posted

Evening folks, will open a new thread shortly :)

Evening Brian, York are doing well in the Conference, and Cambridge utd have lost their 6th game in a row .... :drinks:

Edited by Snowman0697