Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 7

Posted

Surely we would be at risk from snowfall on Monday/Tuesday if the latest charts pull off:

Could be some very impressive snowfall amounts monday/tuesday. And tbh, i think it's a weather pattern that will continue until at least the middle of feb.

Posted

Off topic-ish, but as it is regional-ish I thought others may enjoy this. I will warn that it isn't very politically correct and there is written swearing. But it is most amusing when compared with these threads on snow days

Edited by Nick.F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Hi all

I love this site, well the people in this forum anyway!

I come on here very evening. I would rather come here for a weather forcast than BBC or Met office! I've been looking at one of the weather charts (snow risk) and its mad how much its changed over the last few days!

I noticed on sunday that there was a snow risk towards the end of next week for this part of the country. Then when i looked today its all gone mad! The risk of snow is even more, so it will be very interesting to see what the BBC forcast is for sunday onwards as at the moment there only telling us the weather up to friday! Nothing on the met office aswell.

I look foward to reading all your predictions on hear as they have been very good in the past.

Hat's off to you Lady's and Gent's drinks.gif

Oh and i took great plesure in telling everyone at work yesterday that there would be NO SNOW here today. yahoo.gif And they did'nt seem to pleased when i said told you so today!

Posted

Hi all

I love this site, well the people in this forum anyway!

I come on here very evening. I would rather come here for a weather forcast than BBC or Met office! I've been looking at one of the weather charts (snow risk) and its mad how much its changed over the last few days!

I noticed on sunday that there was a snow risk towards the end of next week for this part of the country. Then when i looked today its all gone mad! The risk of snow is even more, so it will be very interesting to see what the BBC forcast is for sunday onwards as at the moment there only telling us the weather up to friday! Nothing on the met office aswell.

I look foward to reading all your predictions on hear as they have been very good in the past.

Hat's off to you Lady's and Gent's :excl:

Oh and i took great plesure in telling everyone at work yesterday that there would be NO SNOW here today. yahoo.gif And they did'nt seem to pleased when i said told you so today!

According to GFS 12z, theres a good chance of snow on Monday and Tuesday. All subject to change of course! :excl:

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Game over for the Easterly next week Im afraid mega_shok.gif

What makes you so sure, only the ecm says so. other charts look like good snow potential ?

Purple Blob ? should be GEM +144

post-9329-12640227643228_thumb.gif

post-9329-12640227979128_thumb.png

Edited by shotski

Posted

What makes you so sure, only the ecm says so. other charts look like good snow potential ?

Purple Blob ? should be GEM +144

I meant a very strong classic Easterly. Like last Feb. Probably a weak Easterly/ South Easterly at the start of next week, GFS 12z has snow for Monday/Tuesday, so we will see what 18z throws up...

I have been browsing through weather sites for a couple of days now, and there are that many model outputs some saying one thing some saying the opposite who do you belive, in my experience the weather change's at will and that is the way it will always be, the forcast should never more than 3-4 days ahead of it'self all long range forcasting is pure quesswork. (simple's)

Posted

The models have certainly upgraded today, a short lived Easterly that may deliver a few snow showers, then the Polar Vortex drops into Scandinavia later on next week, increasing the chances for a Northerly blast

Posted

I have been browsing through weather sites for a couple of days now, and there are that many model outputs some saying one thing some saying the opposite who do you belive, in my experience the weather change's at will and that is the way it will always be, the forcast should never more than 3-4 days ahead of it'self all long range forcasting is pure quesswork. (simple's)

I dont tend to look at the model output to much but just read the posts on the model output discusion of the people who know

their stuff.

The BBC are pritty good with their forecasting most of the time, they have a balanced view smile.gif

Posted

I dont tend to look at the model output to much but just read the posts on the model output discusion of the people who know

their stuff.

The BBC are pritty good with their forecasting most of the time, they have a balanced view smile.gif

agreedrolleyes.gif

Posted

Good morning from a cold and wet Peterborough!! Shame the rain isnt not snow, we'd be laughing!! !! lol

Posted

My forecast for the next few days, based on the latest model output:

Tomorrow: At first some light rain clinging in to the extreme East, but drying up, but a cloudy day in prospect. Highs of 7C

Sunday: The front is stuck out in the North Sea, probably a cloudy day, with maybe a few spots in the far west of the region seeing a little brightness.

Monday: We drag in a weak Easterly/North Easterly flow, and especially later in the day it looks like some wintry showers may start to develop, maxes of 2-3C. Wintry showers continuing overnight

Tuesday: Wintry showers for the first half of the day, but becoming more isolated as the day progresses, a very cold day, 2C max..

Amounts for snow: Unless there is a big upgrade in the short term, nothing major will fall, places will see a dusting at best IMO

Further Outlook

Looking dry Wednesday and Thursday, remaining very cold. Theres at the moment about a 40% chance of a Northerly/North Easterly developing by next weekend, due to the displaced Polar Vortex dropping into Scandinavia, possibly bringing the risk of snow, but too far out at the moment to be reliable

Posted

Morning all

Well had a little look at the BBC this morning and they are forcasting snow showers for the end of the week for the eastern side of our region. But hopefully it could all change and come further in land good.gif

I can't belive how much the models have changed from day to day! Snow is very unpredictablefool.gif Mind you thats what i love about the weather!

Posted

The Netweather local forecast still has my area for snow on Monday and Tuesday but Met office is saying rain....rain or snow? Which one is better? There is only one way to find out ! :)

Posted
The Netweather local forecast still has my area for snow on Monday and Tuesday but Met office is saying rain....rain or snow? Which one is better? There is only one way to find out !

Hi,

I'm confused aswell. On BBC and Met office there is no snow but on the Netweather local forcast for my area there will be snow from later tonight into monday mid morning??! cc_confused.gif

I've even looked on the snow risk model and thats got snow risk at a good chance for our part of the region tonight and tomorrow.

At the moment the current temperature here is 1c and cloudy.

Any idears as to what might happen with the snow risk, is it likely to happen or is it a big maybe/not sure?

Posted

No snow for the next few days and getting a bit milder mid-week, the fun and games start towards the end of next week yahoo.gif

Edit: Country file weather say +6 for next Fri, bit strange cc_confused.gif

Edited by shotski

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

No snow for the next few days and getting a bit milder mid-week, the fun and games start towards the end of next week yahoo.gif

Edit: Country file weather say +6 for next Fri, bit strange cc_confused.gif

That's what I thought, I had a quick look on the model thread (not that I understand much of the discussions) and there seems to be agreement on the charts that there will be some colder weather this week. It's not easy to tell if this means we will get snow here or not. Personally I would welcome a northerly blast even if it only brings some cold frosty mornings and chilly but sunny days instead of grey milder mush.

Strange as the Country File forecast is normally pretty accurate !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

That's what I thought, I had a quick look on the model thread (not that I understand much of the discussions) and there seems to be agreement on the charts that there will be some colder weather this week. It's not easy to tell if this means we will get snow here or not. Personally I would welcome a northerly blast even if it only brings some cold frosty mornings and chilly but sunny days instead of grey milder mush.

Strange as the Country File forecast is normally pretty accurate !

Deff a northerly at the end of the week, could be a good one too that lasts a few days, prob only convection snow for the north & east

coasts but u never know. off to the pup now to get some lunchdrinks.gif

Posted

Does anyone know why we aren't seeing any snow associated with this precipitation today when we have uppers around -5 - 6c, a current temp (here anyway) of 2.2c and and dew point of -0.5c ? We had snow the other day with a temp pf 3.3c, uppers of -1c and a dew point of +1c

Posted

Off topic-ish, but as it is regional-ish I thought others may enjoy this. I will warn that it isn't very politically correct and there is written swearing. But it is most amusing when compared with these threads on snow days

Hilarious!

Posted

Does anyone know why we aren't seeing any snow associated with this precipitation today when we have uppers around -5 - 6c, a current temp (here anyway) of 2.2c and and dew point of -0.5c ? We had snow the other day with a temp pf 3.3c, uppers of -1c and a dew point of +1c

Are you sure the Uppers were -1C? I thought usually sleet around -3C and Snow -5C Uppers?

Posted

Hi all,

All in all looks like an interesting week to come. Perhaps the return of the cold part 3? Maybe some white stuff even for no mans shires too.

tara4now

Yringaling