Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Graupel shower here about an hour ago, only lasted a few minutes but the snow pellets were blowing all over

the place, looked like someone had spilled the contents of a bean bag huh.gif

Posted

Has been some really beafy snow showers today - car and lawn got a covering but nothing like previous weeks. Heck, better than nowt for us snow lovers. And now the Meto warning too!

Posted

Has been some really beafy snow showers today - car and lawn got a covering but nothing like previous weeks. Heck, better than nowt for us snow lovers. And now the Meto warning too!

Radar showing steady stream starting to come in off the North Sea

Posted

Been out this afternoon in Beccles area, horizontal snow falling heavily at times, verges of roads were becoming white but it had rained a lot beforehand so no settling anywhere else.

Also saw heavy hail showers and wind was bitter while walking in it.

Now bright but cloudy here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I checked out the fields around the UEA campus and it has indeed settled there, just a dusting, but still more than I expected this side of 6pm. Showers are always hit and miss but there could be a fair covering tomorrow morning if this keeps up as the cold air continues to plunge south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A very impressive mass of snow showers heading south towards Norfolk at the moment.

Posted

TWS how far inland are these showers expected to get tonight? clear and cold evening here so far

It's difficult to say how far south showers will get in a northerly airflow. Judging distance from the east coast is relatively easy, but when we're talking showers heading directly inland it all depends on their "staying power". I think anywhere down to the north of Suffolk may get heavily hit, but the showers will probably be few and far between in South Suffolk and the eastern Home Counties.

I don't expect anywhere west of a line extending from the Wash to London to see any showers tonight.

Posted

just peeked out of curtains, not snowing at the moment but since i last looked around an hour ago there is now a slight dusting of snow on roofs and cars.

Posted

Hammering down now. Very low vis. Sticking readily. I just had a quick ciggy and came in looking like a snowman. Orange skies. Heaviest I've seen it this winter

NW Radar now updated to Beta 5. looks great

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Evening all

Well its good to see that some of us have snow today.

After a very wet and dull morning we final got a few snow showers but they were very short. only lasting a few minutes at most. Just falling from passing clouds!

Hoping to see some more tonight.cold.gif

Posted

Just went outside to do some lamppost watching, absolutely bitter raw in the wind, in the lamplight you can see some very fine swirling snow, but not easy to see it other than in the lamplight and there is more covering of white than there was last time i looked outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
cray.gif eve to all,mega_shok.gif Well no SNOW HERE at the moment gritters out though. doh.gif

Posted

A nice layer of snow this evening - I would say today has been better for watching falling snow than the last big event as then most snow fell overnight and I didn't see it.

Posted

Hi , had 2 cm of snow here in a 30 minute shower about an hour ago. Now snowing again lightly. Hopefully more to come later

Posted

well just looked outside and was not expecting to see so much snow, everywhere is white, and i didn't see it falling!

I am very surprised as it had been wet and i did not expect it to settle.

Wonder what we will wake up to as the forecast on tv said snow snowers all night for here!

Southernman not very happy, as, as per usual, he has to work outside in this tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!clap.gif

Posted

There is a trough heading this way tonight, dont be suprised to find a covering when you wake up tomorrow.