Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 7

Posted

Hello hello, so this is where you're all hiding.

Looking forward to the next cold spell and so pleased the regional threads are back. It feels like I know people here and don't feel quite such an idiot when posting. :cold:

Welcome to the new posters in here. Hold onto your hats here we go again. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

If the GFS 6h verifies then sunday morning could be very snowy, the friday event looks plain wet and cold

Very surprised how quiet it is on this regional thread considering there is so much cold and snow potential over the next few days.

Although the forecasts seem to vairy it looks as if we could be in for something much more wintery from as early as tomorrow with Friday night/ Saturday am and Sunday all looking possible for snow.

Perhaps everyone is out panic buying bread, milk and salt cc_confused.gif

Hello to the newbys anyway, hopefully we will all have something to get excited about soon clap.gif

Posted

TBH I wish I had a better understanding to be able to get confident on my own knowledge!! But Im still having to rely on others forecasts..... as I said before, fongers were burned earlier this month and I learnt not to get my hopes up when things are so easily changeable.

Posted

Very surprised how quiet it is on this regional thread considering there is so much cold and snow potential over the next few days.

Although the forecasts seem to vairy it looks as if we could be in for something much more wintery from as early as tomorrow with Friday night/ Saturday am and Sunday all looking possible for snow.

Hello to the newbys anyway, hopefully we will all have something to get excited about soon clap.gif

Where are you getting your information from are you saying Snow for our region from tomorrow or across Britain? I think Snow is more likely in our Region from the early hours of Sunday morning into Monday morning Dew points are looking good for that. The Easterly is still sitting near us but it needs a number of factors to make it shift over us however as I post this things now look more favourable for next week let's see if we get anything from the Northerly first.

Welcome to all the newcomers :)

Posted

Hi guys ,sorry but am very confused about what is meant to be happening or not over the next few days ,have read lots of posts today and really dont have much knowledge about models and runs ect,just wondered if anyone could explain if we are going to get snow on Friday? or has it now been put back to Sunday? I know its a lot to ask but if someone could help me understand and maybe explain in simple terms as i am a bit thick lol.Thanks guys drinks.gif

Posted

Hi guys ,sorry but am very confused about what is meant to be happening or not over the next few days ,have read lots of posts today and really dont have much knowledge about models and runs ect,just wondered if anyone could explain if we are going to get snow on Friday? or has it now been put back to Sunday? I know its a lot to ask but if someone could help me understand and maybe explain in simple terms as i am a bit thick lol.Thanks guys drinks.gif

Dew points and 850 Upper temperatures will be too high to support snow for Friday, with the proper cold following on behind. Regarding Sunday/Monday, im not sure about it IMO, I dont know where the PPN is coming from! A very cold outlook. No sign of Atlantic mild. The signs are for a long cold spell, which I would put at 80% at the moment. I will update about Sunday/Monday when I get more info about it!

Posted

Dew points and 850 Upper temperatures will be too high to support snow for Friday, with the proper cold following on behind. Regarding Sunday/Monday, im not sure about it IMO, I dont know where the PPN is coming from! A very cold outlook. No sign of Atlantic mild. The signs are for a long cold spell, which I would put at 80% at the moment. I will update about Sunday/Monday when I get more info about it!

Thanks Snowman,at least i can go out in town then on Friday night and not worry about snow lol,but i hope we see some over the weekend drinks.gif

Posted

The Northerly could bring troughs into our Region but we wont know until probably 24 hours before, it's more a case of nowcasting. If the PPN develops then we could get Snow showers and a more prolonged spell of Snow further inland over the Weekend it's all marginal at the moment.

As for the long cold spell are you refering to the Easterly when you say you will update on Sunday/Monday? The Easterly looks like it wont move over to us unless we get a low developing here, it could just pass us and slip further South however things look good atm but that could all change so yes it's too early to say.

Posted

The outlook is a cold one, the Northerly at the weekend may bring troughs with it, which may give snowfall to a wide area. Looks like showers on the coast, but otherwise sunny by dry, very frosty at night.

Note this down, at the moment the signals are for a long prologned cold spell, starting around the 7th/8th February, something to keep an eye on the model thread

Posted

Where are you getting your information from are you saying Snow for our region from tomorrow or across Britain? I think Snow is more likely in our Region from the early hours of Sunday morning into Monday morning Dew points are looking good for that. The Easterly is still sitting near us but it needs a number of factors to make it shift over us however as I post this things now look more favourable for next week let's see if we get anything from the Northerly first.

Welcome to all the newcomers good.gif

I didn't say snow for anywhere in our region tomorrow , I said 'more wintery' meaning lower temps and wind chill from the northerly blast !

Posted

Although the forecasts seem to vairy it looks as if we could be in for something much more wintery from as early as tomorrow with Friday night/ Saturday am and Sunday all looking possible for snow

Ok I see now so it's witery from Thursday and possible Snow for the rest of the weekend I see that now sorry.

The outlook is a cold one, the Northerly at the weekend may bring troughs with it, which may give snowfall to a wide area. Looks like showers on the coast, but otherwise sunny by dry, very frosty at night.

Note this down, at the moment the signals are for a long prologned cold spell, starting around the 7th/8th February, something to keep an eye on the model thread

So we may get some Snow now then is that what you are now saying now I'm pretty confused it's a bit different from your earlier post, like I said Snow on Sunday 80% chance for East Herfordshire anyway.

Posted

i think it will be mostly dry for our region accept for the north norfolk coast throughout this northerly, the ppn on sun looks like being to the west of us as always, and the easterly around 7/8th is way too deep in fi and will no doubt be downgraded every day until fizzling out. im certainly not getting my hopes up for any snow.

Posted

i think it will be mostly dry for our region accept for the north norfolk coast throughout this northerly, the ppn on sun looks like being to the west of us as always, and the easterly around 7/8th is way too deep in fi and will no doubt be downgraded every day until fizzling out. im certainly not getting my hopes up for any snow.

I know but when I said this I didnt just look at the models. There is plenty of other signals. A very deep negative AO is forecast. Deeper than in the last cold spell. A negative NAO is expected aswell. Strong Northern Blocking and what looks like a massive Scandi High. The signals are there.

There is massive model agreement about this to, we will see come 6th February

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Hi I think its quiet because looking at the current charts and forecasts, there is hardly any predicted snow for inland areas.

Sunny, cold and quite frosty, but very little in the way of snow. Unfortunately.

Posted

Hello

I've been watching various forecasts on the tv, some say bright, some say rain, some say a lot of snow just over lowestoft/yarmouth, for friday after 3pm.

Therefore i'm none the wiser.

wacko.gif

edit at the end of the bbc news they just showed snow over norwich for saturday and said that viewers should stay tuned to the weather.

Edited by jennyjane

Posted

Hello

I've been watching various forecasts on the tv, some say bright, some say rain, some say a lot of snow just over lowestoft/yarmouth, for friday after 3pm.

Therefore i'm none the wiser.

wacko.gif

Well, i think you are in a favourable position as the northerlies set in, however i dont think the showers will be that heavy, unless troughs develop - which is possible.

Posted

I must say that the radar looks good in the north sea at the moment........and if you have not already got the NW Extra radar then i suggest you do as it is excellent :bomb: I subscribed for the first time the other day when I saw what the future has in mind for us (I HOPE)

Posted

Hi I think its quiet because looking at the current charts and forecasts, there is hardly any predicted snow for inland areas.

Sunny, cold and quite frosty, but very little in the way of snow. Unfortunately.

I will take Sunny cold and frosty anyday, nothing 'unfortunate' there IMO acute.gif

Posted

I thought the net-weather radar was good, it shows rain over my current location however it is actually sleet and snow at times :) Not complaining though!

Some nice huge flakes in the mix too......

Edited by Let_it_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes, some sleet/snow at UEA over the last 20 minutes.

Posted

I've just been standing in a playground the last hour and i've froze- absolutley bitter out there in the wind. temp here down to 3c with a wind chill of -1c. dp 0.2c

Rain turned to sleet about half hour ago, now occasional snow flake in the windrolleyes.gif