Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

Anyway we should I least get a frost tonight I will imagine that will be the next best thing after snow for the cold lovers among us!

Luke

Hmm not sure about that. Unless cloud clears, you may struggle to get at or below 0C. Find that when the forecasts show below 0C and its generally cloudy, it is very often not below 0C as predicted.

Posted

Yeah I've noticed that as well Mr.Data, mins seem to have to really struggle to get down to 0C or below typically when its cloudy, many times I've woken up and been surprised how the temps haven't managed to be as low as expected thanks to the stubborn cloud.

At least there is a good risk of showers coming in and can't rule out some fun and games for Saturday either yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

clear skies calm winds and -2.5c DP -4c looks like i will miss out on any ppn, unless there is more of a shift north and west very unlikely imo.

it would defo be snow with current conditions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well according to the GFS 0z the region has a huge upgrade tonight/Fri for some quite heavy snow

i remain far from certain on this,anyone who reads my posts regually will know how little faith i have in

this model,will it prove me wrong....i doubt it

ATM ukmo have this feature know were near us ukmo currently have the leading edge round about

Birmingham,will wait and see what the NAE says

C.S

Posted

Nothing on the Manchester Airport TAF at the moment. If it starts mentioning preciptation with its next update then perhaps.

It has got to be said it looks fairly dry for our region over the next few days at the moment with the main bodies of preciptation only glancing our region. FAX charts don't offer much hope neither with a very slack flow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

this precip was unexpected for me, but it is just icy rain

Posted

Not much going on in Preston this morning (nothing new there then :)) with light drizzle, but plenty of cars coming over from Blackburn way looked to have snow on them. Up near Lancaster it's much clearer and significantly colder with a slight dusting here and there.

Posted

Just had a few flakes falling here, but it's stopped as quickly as it started. I see lots of people getting excited on the model thread, but I'm not expecting much 'disruptive' snowfall in parts of the North West.

It will be a few days of wintry mixes here and there, but nothing that will make headline news. Then milder signs towards the F1 range of models.

The daffs might not have to wait too long to peek their heads out.

Posted

Any one seen the 06z? Tonight and then starting sunday night and all the way through the week theres potential. Admittadly im looking t the GFS PPN and surface conditions but they all show that for at least the southern half of the region theres snow pratically everyday.

Am i reading that wrong....does the blue on PPN mean dry?? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A few snow flurries every now and then here.

Posted

Any one seen the 06z? Tonight and then starting sunday night and all the way through the week theres potential. Admittadly im looking t the GFS PPN and surface conditions but they all show that for at least the southern half of the region theres snow pratically everyday.

Am i reading that wrong....does the blue on PPN mean dry?? :lol:

Charts seem messy and nobody knows whats really going to happen. On a basic huntch i would have an educated guess that the south of our region will get the odd snow spell/flurry/shower, where as the majority of the Northwest will remain dry/murky.

I don't see any great shakes for us and the new weather warning for Monday will be edited/changed so much over the weekend it will be unreal :)

My view :)

Posted

Is it me or is this slow band gonna hit us?

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp

Not going to happen im afraid.

Even if it did, temperatures and dew points would have to drop massively. As most of the NW region are between 3-5C, with dew points also well above freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Is it me or is this slow band gonna hit us?

http://www.meteox.co...ar=-3&soort=exp

I keep hoping that it will, but it's forecast to slide to east just missing us. But you never know, I think the high resolution model on NW forecast it to reach a bit further north, we'll just have to wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It doesn't matter if the band hits us, because it will be rain. 4.4c here atm. Far too warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

ah well, not to worry. yesterday i watched the radar all day only to see the precip vanish as it got here

Posted

It doesn't matter if the band hits us, because it will be rain. 4.4c here atm. Far too warm!

Just be our luck that the band hits and we get heavy raindry.gif

been serious though had a look on the rain today radar and looks like its further north than prog

dont think it will reach southern parts of our region,but even if it did it would be only rain anyway.

C.S

Posted

Backtrack

rain today gives you a 61% chance of sleet from 1600 hrslaugh.gif

C.S

Posted

Just started to Rain here,which is good news as it was meant to be dry with sunny spells here today

looking at rain today radar it would appear that as the front in the midlands starts to pivot parts of the region could catch

the western flank of the PPN

C.S

Posted

Met Office updated warnings have us covered for Monday now, with "the potential for moderate accumulations"

If that does not change over the weekend ill marry my gf and buy the kitten she wants, and as im single and hate cat's it would be a difficult challange :p

Raining here btw :D

Posted

If that does not change over the weekend ill marry my gf and buy the kitten she wants, and as im single and hate cat's it would be a difficult challange smile.gif

Raining here btw smile.gif

UKMO just updated there forecast for this evening now saying Sleet/Snow to effect southern parts of the regionwhistling.gif

just like last night and waht happened.....oh yes remember now it RAINED......

as for Monday.......whatever LOL

C.S

Posted

Looking at the latest Raintoday radar picture, the precipitation that went north through Bacup is now coming back down towards it again and joining up with the stuff coming up from the south, does this mean its all about to shoot eastwards rather than carry on tracking north do you think?

Shadowfax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Well it's raining here, Ian Brown said the band wouldnt get past Birmingham....

Band is here like I say, shame it's 3.4c.