IGNORED

London And Southeast - Cold Spell Discussion

Paul

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Very light snow shower in Portsmouth and also snowing in Horndean (7 miles north of P'mouth) according to my mum! smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

4th heavyish snow shower already down here!if this does carry on or get heavyer tonight we will have a nice covering with the dropping temperature.

Posted

4th heavyish snow shower already down here!if this does carry on or get heavyer tonight we will have a nice covering with the dropping temperature.

I am so Jealous,can you send some this way please? Well have fun and enjoy the snow.drinks.gif

Posted

I am so Jealous,can you send some this way please? Well have fun and enjoy the snow.drinks.gif

Weeell, if i do promise not to tell the misses!

You should have some hitting your way very soon, its still to warm for any longtime settling at the mo, should get better later.

Posted

You should have some hitting your way very soon, its still to warm for any longtime settling at the mo, should get better later.

Ok I promise lol,do you think that later there could be enough for travel dissruption maybe in the morning? i only ask as would like a snow day tomorrow,no work and no school lol?drinks.gif

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Ok peeps - New METO advisory!

Kent and East Sussex

Snow showers are likely to become more frequent and perhaps heavy later in the day, leading to accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in some areas. Over Kent snow accumulations of perhaps 5 to 10 cm are possible in places and as much as 10 to 15 cm over eastern Kent. Some drifting of snow is also possible.

Issued at: 1123 Wed 10 Feb

and into tomorrow

Further snow showers are likely, especially during the first part of the day, giving several more centimetres in some areas. Drifting is also possible

We await orange later in the day!

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Gone dark again and another snow shower!!!

:) Keep it going for me for later guys please!!!

Its blowing gently around in the breeze here in Mid Sussex, but I'm hoping it might kick off a bit more later (but not so much I'm marooned here) :lol:

Posted

As you can see the North Sea showers are intensifying as the colder upper air moves in from the east, its a shame the steering flow isn't more ene as this would have enlarged the area to see these heavier showers.

As you can see the North Sea showers are intensifying as the colder upper air moves in from the east, its a shame the steering flow isn't more ene as this would have enlarged the area to see these heavier showers.

Hi nick

Looks like the snow is heading down your way - the cold pool looks fairly well on target for your part of the worldsmile.gif

Back here, yes, as you say the exact wind direction can make a difference when streamers and the like set up. The easterlies have been brief this winter, but enough times already the snowfall has been very localised with different areas of the region seeing snow during the Dec and Jan spells along with the subtle angles of the wind off the north sea

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Heavy snow showers coming on radar ! :clap:

Posted

10 to 15 cm over eastern Kent. Some drifting of snow is also possible.

6 inches and drifts :D:clap: Hope we get a Folkestone streamer (is there such thing? :lol: ) like that which dumped 6 inches in Dec 2005.

That nicely developing blob approaching NE Kent soon from the looks of things

I was just watching that myself. :good:

6 inches and drifts biggrin.gifhelp.gif Hope we get a Folkestone streamer (is there such thing? laugh.gif ) like that which dumped 6 inches in Dec 2005.

I was just watching that myself. good.gif

You look particularly well placed for this!biggrin.gif

I'll be very happy if I get half that, being just a tad further west

Dec 05 was good - saw over 10cms dirol.gif

Posted

Hi nick

Looks like the snow is heading down your way - the cold pool looks fairly well on target for your part of the worldsmile.gif

Back here, yes, as you say the exact wind direction can make a difference when streamers and the like set up. The easterlies have been brief this winter, but enough times already the snowfall has been very localised with different areas of the region seeing snow during the Dec and Jan spells along with the subtle angles of the wind off the north sea

Hi Tamara yes some very cold upper air is due here later together with several troughs over the next few days,although looking at the GFS 06hrs run we'll be going from the freezer to the sun lounger later next week!

It certainly looks like a line of heavier snow showers on the way for the far se, lets hope they can come a bit further inland.

Posted

You look particularly well placed for this!biggrin.gif

I'll be very happy if I get half that, being just a tad further west

Dec 05 was good - saw over 10cms dirol.gif

North BTL just being hit by a very heavy dose of the white stuff - thought you guys were going to get all the fun today!

North BTL just being hit by a very heavy dose of the white stuff - thought you guys were going to get all the fun today!

Nice to hear!good.gif

We thought we'd share it out a little - generous are us folk!laugh.gif

Posted

Yes those showers in the east are holding up quite well as they head sw, I think the increased solar energy at this time of year is helping here.

Posted

Well this snow really does not want to come to Brighton today,it just keeps missing us,there are a few flakes blowing in the wind but its sunnywallbash.gif

Posted

Ok I promise lol,do you think that later there could be enough for travel dissruption maybe in the morning? i only ask as would like a snow day tomorrow,no work and no school lol?drinks.gif

Well as Nick and Tamara have just said you are in with a chance!

Fingers crossed for us all.