Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 8

Posted

Aye, no doubt next week northamptonshire will get about 20cm. rofl.gifrofl.gif

my Kids will hate me even more. laugh.gif they are not best pleased about what i was telling them about 30mins agolaugh.gif

Nice blob on rain today radar about to hit Northampton, I hope you get at least a dustinggood.gif

Posted

What radar is this blob beeing shown on? And is there a link for it please? Thanks

Edit: Looking at the Meteox radar, something brewing in the North Sea which may hit some places

I was looking at the Weather Online radar (might be same as Meteox) Can be seen here http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&CONT=euro&CREG=euce

Running the llop it is back building and increasing on its northern flank. Could be interesting?!

Posted

If Northants gets 20cm next week you'll be having more time in the sun than you anticipated! lol Delayed flights anyone??!

Poor kids.. Evil parents you are taking them on holiday!! hehehehe They'll forget about it when they or on the beach!!

Been looking at some charts for Tenerife from Saturday onwards..

Temp 25c - 28c yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Sunny and dry with occasional patchy cloud.

AND a pint for 1.5 eurodrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted

I was looking at the Weather Online radar (might be same as Meteox) Can be seen here http://www.weatheron...=euro&CREG=euce

Running the llop it is back building and increasing on its northern flank. Could be interesting?!

it sems to be building but do you not think it will drop south of here?

Posted

Nice blob on rain today radar about to hit Northampton, I hope you get at least a dustinggood.gif

Looks like it died a death mate laugh.gif

Had some heavy showers this afternoon which left a decent covering but soon melted when the sun came out.

Posted

it sems to be building but do you not think it will drop south of here?

Depends how much it beuilds on its northern side. This is the area that it due to give Kent its snow but could effect the south of our area by the looks of things. Expect southern East Anglia IE Colchester to do well along with East London. Hertford could just about be far enough south. Would like to say will wait and see but I intend to be asleep by the time it reaches us!

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted

Looks like it died a death mate laugh.gif

Had some heavy showers this afternoon which left a decent covering but soon melted when the sun came out.

That was nuts, 8.45 it was knocking on your door, 9.00 fizzled out!! The Northants snow shield must set to maximum wallbash.gif

I know it can snow in Northampton, many a happy snow day as a youngster had in N'pton, snow tut top o wellies!!

Yep, it'll come next week, but even I'd rather be in the Canaries, soaking up some warm rays, enjoying a cold one, not thinking about work!!!!

Enjoy acute.gif

Posted

Well you know it will snow all day, every day next week in Milton Keynes....cause I'm in Stevenage every day!! Fancy Project Managing the huge install for me and I'll do some hunting for you lol :-)

The fact is, when you want it to snow, expect it to snow or wait for snow, it doesn't come, when you take your eye off the radar and the forum for 24 hrs...... Whoomp there it is!! as the chorus goeswhistling.gif

Maz asked me if we could visit her friends in Leeds next Fri night I thought oh no....then I remembered the charts! And said OK hun just for you I'll drive us up there. Will have the sledge in the boot lol!

Posted

That was nuts, 8.45 it was knocking on your door, 9.00 fizzled out!! The Northants snow shield must set to maximum wallbash.gif

I know it can snow in Northampton, many a happy snow day as a youngster had in N'pton, snow tut top o wellies!!

Yep, it'll come next week, but even I'd rather be in the Canaries, soaking up some warm rays, enjoying a cold one, not thinking about work!!!!

Enjoy acute.gif

This time last year Northants was one of the worse hit in the country.

This winter we have failed to tap into any heavy precip! it was always the light to moderate stuff.

Posted

Looking like that blob will head down the east coast and not make much head way into land

Looking at the latest loop it is moving more Westwards than South. It is light but a huge area that will give several hours of snow to some lucky spots. The northern extent is north of the Wash which is where our showers came from today so fingers crossed!

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&CREG=euce&CONT=euro&ROAD=0&CITY=&L=0&SLP=0&W=0&BIG=0&ZEIT=201002102000&UP=1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Had a little flurry this morning and then another at around 5.45pm.

And had a heavy snow shower about 2hrs ago that left the ground white.

Posted

Woop Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool! Diaby :) :) :)

The blob in the North Sea does look certainly interesting, will see how it pans out.....

Posted

I'm more optimistic tonight that the showers will continue to push in off the Wash. Had about 3 showers here tonight, mostly light and fairly short lived. There is a vague dusting that just gets moved about a little by the wind, and some whiter bits from earlier on today.

Posted

Not sure if i am aloud to post this but hey ho

post-2895-12658370538417_thumb.png

Not being negative..but cannot see much action for 99% of our region from looking at that radar image.

If only the HP did not move south like it has!! wallbash.gif that big blob would have been smack bang over our region.

wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Not sure if i am aloud to post this but hey ho

post-2895-12658370538417_thumb.png

This is great, we might see more snow if we are lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

No chance for this area then??? come on everyone in Kent go outside and blow in this direction.....never know it might help hahaha

Posted

Anyone reckon this big blob forming off the coast will hit us, or will those blasted Kenties get it again??

Posted

GFS 18z has snow from Monday onwards for our region....

GFS suggests a snow event for the whole of our region, Monday night into Tuesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Hi everyone been a long day and was just wondering if anyone knows if my area, south beds leighton buzzard has chances of more snow tonight?? have a slight covering outside with temps of -1.5

Many thanks

Meltz!