Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well i am impressed by the amount of snow here on the coast about 2cm. :) Its still snowing,:yahoo: Hope the snow stays long :)

here some pics

post-10513-12667529037717_thumb.jpg

post-10513-12667529168717_thumb.jpg

post-10513-12667529300817_thumb.jpg

post-10513-12667529900417_thumb.jpg

post-10513-12667530034717_thumb.jpg

post-10513-12667530135917_thumb.jpg

post-10513-12667530243717_thumb.jpg

post-10513-12667530490717_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Morning all, woke up to 8-10 cms ,wow! did'nt expect that much how low I am (prob lowest point in Sheffield), slight thaw underway here at the mo with the sun popping in and out.

I have had reports of up to 15 cms to the West of the city , Bakewell etc.clap.gif

Posted

Still some steady snow here but not for much longer. Gentle thaw on trees and paths now but still a good covering. Current temp 1 with dew of 0.7.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Well, it looks as though it's all over for me. A very nice result though biggrin.gif

Morning Briansmile.gif

It looks a good week ahead for you and your regional friends - enjoy the snow!biggrin.gif

Posted

Morning Briansmile.gif

It looks a good week ahead for you and your regional friends - enjoy the snow!biggrin.gif

Thanks Tamara :) Yeah, given the weather pattern, it was only a matter of time. It was a case of being patient and waiting for our turn to come along. As you say, next week is looking very interesting indeed :yahoo:

Posted

Measured a good 6-8cm of snow, currently -0.2c and overcast with zero thaw. Hopefully we will be getting a good top-up in the coming days.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Looks like the last of the snow is falling here on the coast, got about 2cm here in the end :) starting to thaw

hope there's more snow next week :rolleyes:

Posted

Measured a good 6-8cm of snow, currently -0.2c and overcast with zero thaw. Hopefully we will be getting a good top-up in the coming days.

Had around 5/6cm of snow quite impressive cover , got up at 8am and it was really coming down heavy but considering went to bed at 3 am i had to go back to bed. It was sunny when i got up and melting the snow rather quickly off the trees then its gone cloudy again and we have had a moderate shower for about ten minutes. Quite interesting how you are staying in the colder air, and yet only 20/30 north of here. It was nearly 2.0degs when i got up at 11am it has dropped agian ikn the shower but when the sun comes out it just thaws the snow. Cant beleive how much stronger it is than a month ago. It was sunny on several occasions in Jan and ut never shifted it. Must admit after watching countryTracks forecast it seems very possible that heavy snow may be a frequent visitor this week. Its the best set up i have seen for a long time but it may be that my elevation may just not quite help enough as some of the heavy snow wss slighlty further north. I am totally naware that this will change run to run though and as i have said 2 years ago this snow now would have been amazing but after last two years of heavy falls you begin to get a little greddy and have higher expectations. Oh well if this week turns out as forecast its going to be pretty amazing around these parts. My wife hates cold weather and says its because we live in a field. I keep trying to explain that this is although unusual in the last 20 years this type of weather we should be getting but its not working and it would seem that its all my fault the snow is here and that i do secret snow dancers to bring it just down our drive.nonono.gif

doh.giflaugh.gif

Did you miss the snow in kent a couple of weeks ago??? think it was further east wasnt it. Sorryrolleyes.gif my daugheter in Law and son are heading back to Cambridge and and secretly hoping for this snow but i think they will gradually realise there isnt any as the transisition from snow to rain occurs on there drive down south. And they had to be dug out and pushed up here. How annoying for them.

Edited by NCC1701

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

My webcam is on if anyone is interested.

Just wondering what we're expecting on Wednesday as the Meto advisory is worrying me.

Edited by Stelmer

Posted

Just wondering what we're expecting on Wednesday as the Meto advisory is worrying me.

Why is it worrying you????? have you got milK and bread. If you dont live in Penistone where everyone panic buys you will be fineacute.gif

Edited by NCC1701

Posted

11cm here in south west Sheffield though a slight thaw is underway now that the sun is breaking through.

post-1042-12667561230717_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12667562550917_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12667562719717_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12667562882617_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12667563033717_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12667563121717_thumb.jpg

Posted

Cant believe what i have seen this mornin... still snowing hard.. have about 9cm on the raod and pavement but on the grass there is about 15cm due to previous snow on friday night which didnt thaw.. cant believe it..

Posted

There is nothing to worry over if you are talking about snow depths, but if you need to get somewhere then there would be some disruption but nothing serious. I would imagine depths similar to Jan 5th providing the snow from today is still on the ground. The risk is really for Inland areas so if you plan on going to or near the coast you should be fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

It stops me getting the bike out. The last coldspell resulted in the brakes seizing and costing £200. What will happen next? I'm doing the mammoth Wootton Bassett run on the 14th March and don't want anymore setbacks. Not even ridden the thing since getting it's MOT 2 weeks ago.

I also drive for a living as a mobile service engineer and folowing a serious accident at the end of Jan which wasn't my fault, the most excellent Astravan has gone to the scrapyard in the sky.

I now have a Peugeot Partner which is very much useless in the snow as I found out in a freak fall in Rotherham 2 weeks ago.

Had around 5/6cm of snow quite impressive cover , got up at 8am and it was really coming down heavy but considering went to bed at 3 am i had to go back to bed. It was sunny when i got up and melting the snow rather quickly off the trees then its gone cloudy again and we have had a moderate shower for about ten minutes. Quite interesting how you are staying in the colder air, and yet only 20/30 north of here. It was nearly 2.0degs when i got up at 11am it has dropped agian ikn the shower but when the sun comes out it just thaws the snow. Cant beleive how much stronger it is than a month ago. It was sunny on several occasions in Jan and ut never shifted it. Must admit after watching countryTracks forecast it seems very possible that heavy snow may be a frequent visitor this week. Its the best set up i have seen for a long time but it may be that my elevation may just not quite help enough as some of the heavy snow wss slighlty further north. I am totally naware that this will change run to run though and as i have said 2 years ago this snow now would have been amazing but after last two years of heavy falls you begin to get a little greddy and have higher expectations. Oh well if this week turns out as forecast its going to be pretty amazing around these parts. My wife hates cold weather and says its because we live in a field. I keep trying to explain that this is although unusual in the last 20 years this type of weather we should be getting but its not working and it would seem that its all my fault the snow is here and that i do secret snow dancers to bring it just down our drive.nonono.gif

Did you miss the snow in kent a couple of weeks ago??? think it was further east wasnt it. Sorryrolleyes.gif my daugheter in Law and son are heading back to Cambridge and and secretly hoping for this snow but i think they will gradually realise there isnt any as the transisition from snow to rain occurs on there drive down south. And they had to be dug out and pushed up here. How annoying for them.

Hi

No. I was right in the 'thick' of it!drinks.gif Heavy frequent snow showers for 24 hours or so and at least 10cms of snow which drifted around in the icy winds. The snow took nearly a week to completely melt too - all is good!

So I am certainly not complaining about missing out on the snow this coming week. I hope you all enjoy the coming week and have fun!cold.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Well i hav e had a look and it had downgraded somewhat as it predicted over 15cm now it is saying between 5 and 10cm whats the worry?mellow.gifpardon.gif

Posted

Why is it worrying you????? have you got milK and bread. If you dont live in Penistone where everyone panic buys you will be fineacute.gif

Everyone is panic buying here as well, went to my local Tesco and it was heaving, there was hardly any bread or milk left with long ques, and this is only the mini stores. Problem is people who aren't panick buying feel like they have to buy milk or bread earlier in case there isn't any is stock, similar to the domino effect.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Not bad day,

Seen snow :) shame about the heaviest part of it missing us.

Other than South Yorkshire seeing more snow over the coming 3-5 day's, most of us will be rather dry with the odd bit of rain. Been a great winter. Unless there is a big change with the models, i think winter is almost over :)

Been a fantastic one, and btw i'm not been down beat :good:.

Posted

This week wont be good for you, there is talk of disruptive snowfall with the main areas at risk been North Midlands and North of England. This is likely to be repeated several times as well.

Posted

Hi

No. I was right in the 'thick' of it!drinks.gif Heavy frequent snow showers for 24 hours or so and at least 10cms of snow which drifted around in the icy winds. The snow took nealy a week to completely melt too - all is good!

So I am certainly not complaining about missing out on the snow this coming week. I hope you all enjoy the coming week and have fun!cold.gif

Ah thats good then and thanks for rooting for us up North we do appreciate it. When i saw it on BBc news i was pleased for you lot who wanted it shame it was pushed so far east though it described ones side of Kent being covered and the west side having nothing. Must admit it spurred me to do some research into the topography of the area and it looks stunning. The geology of the area and sharp contrast from coast to hills and valleys is amazing. Your highest hill is 260mtrs cant rmemeber name of it now its got a B in it?????acute.gif Must admit it has been cold up here but recenlty had very little in the way of any precipitation snow so this week could be the one i hope! Suppose im panicing that its all over after this which is a bit silly really considering some of our haviest falls have been inm march in recent years, having siad this this is no ordinary or usual winter so maybe March will be spring like and fun and lots of flowers etc etcnonono.gif

Edited by NCC1701

Everyone is panic buying here as well, went to my local Tesco and it was heaving, there was hardly any bread or milk left with long ques, and this is only the mini stores. Problem is people who aren't panick buying feel like they have to buy milk or bread earlier in case there isn't any is stock, similar to the domino effect.

lol!

People were panic buying down here on the weekend of 9/10 Jan when the SE blizzards (that never happened) with 20cms of snow was predicted on top of the 15cms or so that had already fallen.

I have never seen my local Co-Op have shelves so empty!laugh.gif

I can't see many parts of your region as well as other central and northern parts missing out on the predicted snow this week. There could be quite a pasting for many of you!

Take care, eat your loaves and enjoy!good.gif