Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Temp 1.6c here with dew point of 0.9c wind ENE. :D

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

No chat room for me - I'm way to slow for that. Prefer the leisurely pace in here.

T down to 0.5 C with DP -1.5 C. Perfect.

Front just passing the border at the Solway Firth now. Just ~50 miles to my house. Coooooommmmmeee Onnnnnnngood.gif

Maybe I'll wait up biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

good luck to us all, i've had lots of caffeine and still i'm now almost asleep at the desk - i'm sadly gonna have to call it a night - :D :lol:

see ya early tmrw!! :D

Edited by snowy owl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

weird how Fife is faring worse than us ?

still 1/-1c here

Nope, that's been the norm for pretty much most of this winter where snowfall is concerned. :D

Posted

Wait is killing me!!! Watching Radar should come with a health warning. :wallbash:

Nah, glued to the weather station showing a +0.1C dew point!! How terrible is that!

Not sure about dew point here but did raise to 1.4C a while ago but started to drop again, currently 0.8C

Posted

According to the BEEB, I'm getting snow from 12 tonight until at least 6 pm tomorrow. Short break after that before off we go again. That would be fun!

The wait is driving me nuts. wacko.gif

Edit. I just watched the BEEB weather website video forecast. Forecast effectively stops at the border. Just a couple of one liners about us. If I wanted to know what anywhere north of carlisle is looking like tonight and tomorrow, tough. Eh?shok.gif

Wait a minute, I pay for a beeb licence.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

The dewpoint temperatures of some of the Fife members are incorrect. The dewpoint has been a steady -2C at Leuchars all evening and -1C at Edinburgh airport. See the link http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/GB_cc.html and just enter the airport/station of your choice.

Posted

Is your use of "beeb" here in reference to the BBC or are you covering up a sweary word?? pardon.giflaugh.gif

both/interchangeablewhistling.gif

Showers ahead of the front over langholm, well into Kiltland and at most 30 miles from me nowgood.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

The dewpoint temperatures of some of the Fife members are incorrect. The dewpoint has been a steady -2C at Leuchars all evening and -1C at Edinburgh airport. See the link http://weather.noaa....ther/GB_cc.html and just enter the airport/station of your choice.

Had two light snow showers here between 6pm & 7.30pm this evening giving a thin and patchy covering on the ground good.gif

What will this stalling front deliver to these parts whistling.gif

Mmm, it will be intersting looking out tomorrow morning me thinks dry.gif

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The dewpoint temperatures of some of the Fife members are incorrect. The dewpoint has been a steady -2C at Leuchars all evening and -1C at Edinburgh airport. See the link http://weather.noaa....ther/GB_cc.html and just enter the airport/station of your choice.

To be fair, I think freuchie has a uniquely high humidity due to loads of showers pelting us, while strathmiglo had 3C but snow while we had a mix at 2C. Now 1.5C and clearing with about a cm of fresh snow on the grass and slush on the ground which will hopefully freeze a little and provide a good base for tomorrow.

Posted

Look what we have over in Crocketford A75 Westbound! http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/

Canny believe it. Watching that cam for an hour.

Go to the gentlemens room for five and look what happens. shok.gif

Nice - that's close to the coast, so might have been considered more marginal good.gif

Ok. Decision made. I'm waiting up for this one. The frontal showers are nearly at Hawick. If the pace keeps up, should be here in 2 hrs or so. If I'm late to work tomorrow....'was the snow boss'blush.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

To be fair, I think freuchie has a uniquely high humidity due to loads of showers pelting us, while strathmiglo had 3C but snow while we had a mix at 2C. Now 1.5C and clearing with about a cm of fresh snow on the grass and slush on the ground which will hopefully freeze a little and provide a good base for tomorrow.

Fair point, although I still think it should be sub zero at least. Got a slight dusting here too, mainly of snow pellets. I can't give you my current dewpoint T for comparison because my screen with dry/wet bulb 'met office pattern' thermometers is 10 minutes walk from here.

Posted

Canny believe it. Watching that cam for an hour.

Go to the gentlemens room for five and look what happens. shok.gif

Nice - that's close to the coast, so might have been considered more marginal good.gif

Ok. Decision made. I'm waiting up for this one. The frontal showers are nearly at Hawick. If the pace keeps up, should be here in 2 hrs or so. If I'm late to work tomorrow....'was the snow boss'blush.gif

Hahaha! My eyes will be watching that Hamilton camera in a wee while, looks like a beast to watch some snow falling on that one!

Posted

Ok, photo time.

Us digging the car out tomorrow.biggrin.gif

Funniest thing is, after all that effort, where exactly do they think they're going? A foot forward?

post-9421-12669629757617_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Look what we have over in Crocketford A75 Westbound! http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/

Blizzard conditions! :)

What do we think ush hour traffic will be like in Glasgow tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Fair point, although I still think it should be sub zero at least. Got a slight dusting here too, mainly of snow pellets. I can't give you my current dewpoint T for comparison because my screen with dry/wet bulb 'met office pattern' thermometers is 10 minutes walk from here.

I do think mine has a tendency to overestimate dewpoints, since on numerous occasions we've had snow falling and lying easily with dewpoints at 0.5C!

Anyway, sub zero now on mine.

Posted

Meto code orange now for the borders

T holding at 0.5, DP same at -1.5. crazy.gif

20 miles and counting.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Rob Mcelwee said on N24 that he could not rule out snow still falling at thursday evening rush hour in Glasgow :nonono: