Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Had a great downpour(stair rods) at around 5pm yesterday was impressive, but no thunder ,it dont matter if the rain is excitingly torrential! and then 7.30pm-8pm very heavy and flooding, great pink icy anvil head as it moved away.

Another day of weather wonders to come .. more areas this time, some big window rattlers to come.

(Nick.F has a storm forecast for today saturday)

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

ESTOFEX looking good this morning :nonono:

http://www.estofex.org/

Land/Waterspouts likely :lol:

The trough off the E coast has remained almost stationary overnight providing enough lift to keep heavy showers going all night in E Kent, they look to be pepping up a bit already though sferics confined to the line just off the French coast.

Theres been some mention of ridging in the North spreading South during the day, does anyone know timing of this and if it will inhibit storms continuing untill the evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Just checked the radar and i've got a cell moveing towards me about to hit !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think ridging from the north will inhibit any showers forming after midday here in West Yorkshire, which probably means thundery activity is unlikely for me here.

A few sites are showing the thunder risk being as far north as Yorkshire but others (Met office/BBC)keep it Midlands southwards. Anyone have any idea of the northern limit of storms today as would travel if the limit is not too far away.

Also, are there any indications of where wind convergence is likely to be. I have looked on GFS wind charts and there doesn't look to be any. I was under the impression this would be the main aid for storms today :nonono: