Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

General storm chat here please!!! :lol:

Posted

1ST Crash of Thunder in London - Here we go for a proper Storm for 2010 in the UK That I am going to witness :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

sferics detected in cell moving SE just to the south of stoke...maybe, its not going to be an exclusive southern show...that cell's heading straight for me

Posted

Just been out for a few pics. Observed a Cg to my North over N London and a Nice Cg over West London.

Pics later when I get home, very very low bases to this storm and shear noted within the clouds ahead of the storm (Clouds shearing and turning over)

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Heard that too Paul!!! First rumble of thunder I've heard since 4th June!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! :lol: :yahoo: :yahoo:

(This is what it has come too - getting over-excited at a single rumble!!!)

Edited by Harry

Posted

1ST Crash of Thunder in London - Here we go for a proper Storm for 2010 in the UK That I am going to witness :lol:

Suddenly I feel the urge to go for a walk. It would happen on a day when I am based at St Thomas' Hospital - an office with no bloody windows. Hopefully I won't get struck by lightning :yahoo:

Posted

Very Very Poor Effort Indeed.

Rain is spectacular but Thundery activity completely died down Pmsl!

Paul S

Posted

Thundery shower going through Colchester at the moment, moderate rain, fairly loud rumbling thunder every 5 minutes at a guess...nothing spectacular but a refreshing change to have some rain.

Posted

Paul S

Tell me about it - 3 rumbles and that's about it...another great performance from Mother Nature!! :lol: when oh when are we going to get a proper storm! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Rain clouds have divided quicker than the Red Sea here, leaving Brighton missing out on the first wave. Typical!

Posted

After the first storm for soooo long!!!

th_040820100471.jpg

CLICK PIC TO VIEW

Posted

Ah looking at the radar the usually thing is occuring, the system is weakening through Central London with rainfall on either side remaining strong, westerlies are useless for decent convection here in these sorts of things.

Posted

Paul S

All I got was soaking wet - I didnt even get to hear any rumbles. What do we need to do to get a decent bloody storm around here! :lol:

Ah looking at the radar the usually thing is occuring, the system is weakening through Central London with rainfall on either side remaining strong, westerlies are useless for decent convection here in these sorts of things.

We've just had 19 minutes of continuous moderately loud thunder. There wasnt a single break in the thunder sound. Never heard thunder like it before and probably never again either.

Posted

We've just had 19 minutes of continuous moderately loud thunder. There wasnt a single break in the thunder sound. Never heard thunder like it before and probably never again either.

Where would that be then MCCNS???? (can you put your location in your profile ta!!!) :lol:

Posted

Ooo very dark to my NW and North, saw the cloud tops about half an hour ago heading this way and the rain is coming! Should be here in the next 20 min and I "think" I heard a rumble of thunder! (Might have been a plane taking off or my stomach, I'm not sure at this stage!)

Posted

It was truly pathetic. The radar looked good and then it just went Pffff over the London area, would class that as a Weak Thundery Shower at best and not a potent squall line. As Darren says the Northern and Southern end looking healthy still.

I really have given up on Uk Storms now, I know nothing can compare to the US But even there CF Squall lines give out more Lightning than the very worst Uk Storm.

Grim! :yahoo: :lol:

Now watch it suddenly pep up and hammer C & Eastern Kent like usual when it gets a Kick from the UHI Of London.

Posted

The Brentwood storm has now arrived in Basildon, still as lively. With any luck for those in Kent it may just clip the north east corner of Kent