Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms And Convective Reports: Wednesday 28th April 2004

PB22

Posted

Storms currently along the East Anglian coastline and Kent with plenty of sferics in the Southern North Sea.

Lightning and torrential rain now falling here in East Suffolk.

Post your reports here please!

Posted

Fantastic lightning to my south now with distant booming thunder and fork lightning, currently 3 cells surrounding me at present, Kent must be getting a hammering.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Great strorm from 1100pm until 2am last night, continual wave of storms, must have been multi cell, very loud thunder and close lightning strikes, only casualty was a hanging basket that fell with too much rainfall.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Here we go again :( Got a storm growing almost right above me. had 1 clap of thunder so far,rain now starting to fall.

Almost same place where yesterday storm developed :(

Posted

Nanu, I'm in Southwark today and i have sunshine and hazy skies, where in South-East London are you??

Paul Sherman

Posted

Sorry, Edit from last post, have seen that cell and it is growing in exactly the same place as yesterday's, what way is it going??

Paul Sherman

Posted

well so far its not moving anywhere to my knowledge just growing up above me. Too hazy and light rain falling is stopping me from seeing the cloud movement,but wind is blowing westerly.

But activity is small at the moment not much happening,just a clap of thunder every 10mins id say, But rain is now falling heavey now so may spark off

Posted

I have just looked out of my window to look at the east-south-east and it's looking impressive "GROUNDHOG DAY" for london again. Raining in Southwark and getting darker by the minute.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Yeah can see the top of that one now right above you paul, soz mate aint gonna last long :( . this one above me now is small isolated shower now moved off s/w, can see the tops off them.

Looks like just a gathering of heavy isolated showers around us :(

But then again you never know around here with the heat of london :?

Posted

Yeah, this ones the same, has bottomed out a bit, anyhow the 2 storms from the past 24 hours is more than enough for me :(

Paul Sherman

Posted

Thunder now rumbling closer to me here, a couple of rumbles a minute at the moment. No lightning seen yet, getting closer and louder slowly.. Will let you know what happens - first sniff of a storm in about 5 years :(:(

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Had a single flash of lightning and a loud rumble of thunder here about 5pm - torrential rain and hail - flooded my patio :shock:

Posted

I too experienced the Storm that Paul Sherman reported between 11pm and 2am, although i was in bed at the time and it woke me up at around 0130. Had another T-Storm today, which i've only just found out knocked the Radar out at Southend Airport. A close call indeed. :shock:

Posted

Another one developing to my east (again) Lots of booming noises, sounds like this one got its act togeather then the previous one.

I would say its hitting sidcup eastwards maybe dartford. Ive got a long dark base of cloud stretching across the horizon,too hazy to see lightning as of yet but now getting dark here... fingers crossed :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
I too experienced the Storm that Paul Sherman reported between 11pm and 2am

Same here, I had the same storm. It reached Hertford at 03-30am and made me jump out of my skin. :(

Right now in Hertford is overcat.

Posted

SEVEVRE STORM HERE! LIGHTNING AFTER LIGHTNING! HAIL! TORRENTIAL RAIN ITS ALL HERE! AMAZING PICTURES COMING SOON!

Posted

snowstorm maybe that was the storm that died on me earlier :( you anywhere near the downs :?: as they always pep up when they collide with them hills :?:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had a brill thunder storm last night had lighting,Thunder, Hail, Rain, Strong Winds,lasted 2 hours.

Posted

This is amazing ive had 2 storms today and another ones on it way! Ive got video footage of it but I need a DVD burning to get it on the pc

Posted

You lucky thing I've had absoultely nothing even Brighton had two storms looks like another disappointing year again for me. So many let downs last year what wiv them disappating. Again this evening they are all fizzling out. :cry: