Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 3 Counties And East Anglia Spring Weather Discussion

Cookie

Posted

its been relatively warm here for the past few days i even turned the heating down again but today it is very chilly and boyfriend just phoned from Reedham and said he has had to put his hat and gloves on as it is too cold to work outside otherwise.

i'm looking at the charts for the end of the week with interest as the 14 day shows snow here for thursday friday and as its only about four days off, its within what i think is a reasonable timeframe, although i appreciate that these things are generally only forecast with accuracy with a couple of hours.

could be some excitment for next weekend.:yahoo:

Posted

Model consensus suggests that there is very likely to be a "battleground scenario" towards the end of the week, but where it occurs is entirely up in the air, it could occur in Wales or over the North Sea! The crucial period is around Wednesday and Thursday if we can advect cold enough 850 hPa temperatures over us. Fairly low chance at this stage but it has to be watched.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Oh well lets see what the country file forecast comes up with,Cross everything you got folks.sad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

After a record cold start to winter it has now gone the shape of the pear :angry:

Its now starting to feel like the winters of old I thought we had left behind :wallbash:

Record low arctic sea ice, even lower than 2007 :cray:

can anyone give me some hope :( before I hit this :drunk::drinks:

Posted

After a record cold start to winter it has now gone the shape of the pear :angry:

Its now starting to feel like the winters of old I thought we had left behind :wallbash:

Record low arctic sea ice, even lower than 2007 :cray:

can anyone give me some hope :( before I hit this :drunk::drinks:

Just hang on in there mate,its not over till its over, I know it is sooooooo frustrating The gfs could well be onto something it still has not backed down just upgraded, ecm poor but that's been awful all winter anyway.

Posted

Too Late

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifbad.gifbad.gifbad.gif

Posted

Shotski look all is not lost pssssssssssd its so close you can taste it.

gfs-1-132.png?18

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's a very chilly start to the day here - nice and bright though, isn't it lovely to wake up to sunshine and blue sky !

Happy Valentines Day to you all :air_kiss:

Posted

I've just had a message from my friend in Silverstone to say it's snowing there :o

Can't see anything here at the moment though :nea:

Posted

I've just had a message from my friend in Silverstone to say it's snowing there :o

Can't see anything here at the moment though :nea:

hi.gif Really, very odd MK anyway how are you. Happy valentines to you.air_kiss.gif

Edited by silver line

Posted

hi.gif Really, very odd MK anyway how are you.

Mmm, I thought it was a bit odd - but then we had a hail stones here at 2pm on Saturday afternoon, it seems as if it was only in one part of MK as other places had nothing !

Happy valentines to you.air_kiss.gif

:blush: Thanks,

I'm good - hope all is well with you too !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I'm finishing up on this thread now for Christmas and beyond...and wish every one of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

:smiliz64:

sorry to finish on a pessimistic note.....but I actually think our cold winter is coming to an end. It wouldn't surprise me to see a reinvigorated Atlantic by the New Year. I hasten to say that there's not much support for this really from anywhere but my gut!

Hope I'm wrong, but even if it does come about there's been enough already this winter to make it one to remember. I expect there will still be times when hopes are rising and falling in the rest of winter.... and perhaps the end of February could surprise, but I think January and the first part of February will be wet and mild RELATIVE to what December has been.

It's a mark of how slow the rest of this winter has been post Christmas that my post above, from over 50 days ago, is still on the same thread! Oh for the days we were getting a new thread every one or two days!

Anyway.... there was a hint of promise for the second half of February which was going to prompt me to put the post back up again and declare myself as a long range guru :crazy:

But it looks like those hopes are fading now - though I have my fingers crossed very tightly - and instead the post only being some 20 pages back instead of 20 threads ago tells its own story!

Posted

Posted by Timmytour on the 23.12.2010.

"I'm finishing up on this thread now for Christmas and beyond...and wish every one of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

:smiliz64:

sorry to finish on a pessimistic note.....but I actually think our cold winter is coming to an end. It wouldn't surprise me to see a reinvigorated Atlantic by the New Year. I hasten to say that there's not much support for this really from anywhere but my gut!

Hope I'm wrong, but even if it does come about there's been enough already this winter to make it one to remember. I expect there will still be times when hopes are rising and falling in the rest of winter.... and perhaps the end of February could surprise, but I think January and the first part of February will be wet and mild RELATIVE to what December has been."

You should work for the Met Office. And if I had read your original post it would have saved me a lot of wasted time reading the Model Output Discussion. Well done.

Posted

Spring is here......according to an e-mail I've had from Green Baby !

post-10773-0-08141000-1297950510_thumb.j

I'm not sure how they can tell - or more to the point why they think I need to buy baby clothes :shok:

Posted

Very cold here today as you can see by looking at my local Weather Station

Over the last couple of weeks the Model Output Discussion section of this forum has become something akin to a Dickensian style Private Gentleman's Club. Frequented only by a very select band of brothers who talk amongst themselves, while the lowly peasants peer in through the window clutching their begging bowls waiting for a crumb a comfort in the way of "It Will Snow" to be thrown out to them. It will snow on Monday in our area. You can trust me.

Posted

Well I can safely say winter is over, with some mild-very mild temperatures possible towards the end of next week. That's not to say we can't get cold snaps in March and April, which can give impressive cloudscapes and huge temperature variation!

Overall last winter was a lot better than this one passed, only 3cm has fallen here during this winter (and a covering at the end of November) though the cold was very impressive and December and probably will not be repeated for many years. Snowfall was poor this winter, compared to last winter which gave 15cm in December, about 8cm in January and about another 8cm in February. It's very disappointing how this winter collapsed after early January, but it is the British weather were are all talking about!

Roll on Spring and hopefully a decent variety of weather! :drinks:

Posted

The models have not quite given up on February yet.... :whistling:

I hope that I'm wrong and winter does make a return, we will see over the next few days! :D

Posted

Well I can safely say winter is over, with some mild-very mild temperatures possible towards the end of next week. That's not to say we can't get cold snaps in March and April, which can give impressive cloudscapes and huge temperature variation!

Overall last winter was a lot better than this one passed, only 3cm has fallen here during this winter (and a covering at the end of November) though the cold was very impressive and December and probably will not be repeated for many years. Snowfall was poor this winter, compared to last winter which gave 15cm in December, about 8cm in January and about another 8cm in February. It's very disappointing how this winter collapsed after early January, but it is the British weather were are all talking about!

Roll on Spring and hopefully a decent variety of weather! :drinks:

I'm going to stick my neck out here with a mad forecast, The Greeny high will make a return for the beggining of March breaking the lowest temp record for that month

in the uk.

Heavy snow for the southeast (except Cambridgeshire :lol: ) and the winter will go out with a Bang :bomb:

Posted

I'm going to stick my neck out here with a mad forecast, The Greeny high will make a return for the beggining of March breaking the lowest temp record for that month

in the uk.

Heavy snow for the southeast (except Cambridgeshire :lol: ) and the winter will go out with a Bang :bomb:

Very reminiscent to this winter then :whistling: I'm hoping for something similar to the snow we had in Easter 2008 at some point this Spring.

Next week looks very mild in particular between Wednesday-Friday with temperatures possibly hitting 16C between these days before cooling down at the weekend.

Posted

Very reminiscent to this winter then :whistling: I'm hoping for something similar to the snow we had in Easter 2008 at some point this Spring.

Next week looks very mild in particular between Wednesday-Friday with temperatures possibly hitting 16C between these days before cooling down at the weekend.

Yes, but maybe a trend to a rise in pressure to the north west of the uk by the end of the month.:good: