• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

(more) images coming in of damage in Tuscaloosa - 1 / 2 / 3

Edited by Godot

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Another video of the Tuscaloosa Tornado.

http://vimeo.com/22970879

Posted

at least 40 dead....The out break continues..

127 preliminary touch downs

edit..

136..historic !!

still dropping...

many reports of deaths coming in..and serious injuries..

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

I was watching this through live streaming last and. althought i was tired i couldnt keep my eyes of it. Absolute devastation to the Alabama area.

Iw as hoping it would let up but it was one after andotehr after another and more developing as they past. thought are out to the families of the state and of course the families of lost loved ones.

Very dangerous situation last night and the people who came out the otherside were lucky.

I would dread to think how many fatalities there would haveb een if the news centres never documented and foloowed the storms like they do.

thanks for lsitening

Gee

Posted

I fell asllep in the end ..anyone got any info on how many dead?

147 preliminary touch downs

Huge monster which I think was on the ground for 3 hrs..Is this correct

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I fell asllep in the end ..anyone got any info on how many dead?

147 preliminary touch downs

so did i about 2 woke up at 4 went to bed for a couple of hours

ups van driver lives to tell the tale http://stormvisuals.com/blog/ he got out and sheltered under the bridge by his

discription others could not get there cars under bridge i suspect blocked by those that got there first

if thats correct do they never take note of advice why dont,t they just keep driving away in my opinion

if you got time to get out and shelter under a bridge you must have time to drive away unless road is blocked

one of the news channels put 72 dead across 4 states several hundred severly injured they did not give a figure

Edited by gpspete

Posted

so did i about 2 woke up at 4 went to bed for a couple of hours

ups van driver lives to tell the tale http://stormvisuals.com/blog/

one of the news channels put 72 dead across 4 states several hundred severly injured they did not give a figure

cheers Pete..

I think this will go higher as many are missing..

Very nasty,,,

was on ground for 3 hrs...have i got this correct..before I fell asleep it was 2 hrs

edit 77,,news

edit..82

Edited by dogs32

Posted

News wires reporting 66 fatalities and many more injuries. An incredible evening with some cells only taking ten minutes from initiation to producing a tornado. Almost every cell that developed across AL from 21Z produced rotation, such was the volatility of parameters. One screen grab I took showed no fewer than six tornados on the ground simultaneously in N AL and extreme S TN - you don't see that very often.

The direct hits on Madison, uptown Decatur, Tuscoloosa and the northern Birmingham metro were covered in incredible detail by the news channels and some of the coverage was truely awesome. I am certain that the efforts of spotters, chasers, news channels and law enforcement agencies, working with the local NWS offices, saved many many lives last night so well done to them and to the majority of people in the area who sensibly heeded warnings and sought shelter.

Despite the extensive damage I can't help feeling that we've escaped the bullet a bit once again - I was watching the Birmingham EF4 (provisional) plough through the city fringes and thought what might have happened had it directly hit the high-rises and central part of the city.

A sobering experience and an awesome display of nature's ability to destroy, witnessed by many around the world.

Still want to go chasing? dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

News wires reporting 66 fatalities and many more injuries. An incredible evening with some cells only taking ten minutes from initiation to producing a tornado. Almost every cell that developed across AL from 21Z produced rotation, such was the volatility of parameters. One screen grab I took showed no fewer than six tornados on the ground simultaneously in N AL and extreme S TN - you don't see that very often.

The direct hits on Madison, uptown Decatur, Tuscoloosa and the northern Birmingham metro were covered in incredible detail by the news channels and some of the coverage was truely awesome. I am certain that the efforts of spotters, chasers, news channels and law enforcement agencies, working with the local NWS offices, saved many many lives last night so well done to them and to the majority of people in the area who sensibly heeded warnings and sought shelter.

Despite the extensive damage I can't help feeling that we've escaped the bullet a bit once again - I was watching the Birmingham EF4 (provisional) plough through the city fringes and thought what might have happened had it directly hit the high-rises and central part of the city.

A sobering experience and an awesome display of nature's ability to destroy, witnessed by many around the world.

Still want to go chasing? dry.gif

I cannot agree with you more, the news channels did and awesome job of helping others. despite the heartbreak, death and destruction, I still want and will be jopining the entweather chase teams outthere. once in alifetime chance for us UK folk me thinks and to be there to see and help if needed would be a truely inspirational and rewarding experience.

Gee

Posted

the chasers in USA can be given a hard time due to there excitment and enthusiasm....but in realality they are normaly many times the first on the scene to help save lives :drinks:

i wouldnt be surprised if this hits 100 deaths...

hearts go out to the unfortunate people effected,,,very sad..

its a shame these things cant touch down away from towns ect,,,...

but as more areas become populated the more chance of death unfortunately

Edited by dogs32

Posted

just found this video in the hills nw of Birmingham al.

u can just about hear the chaser at the end..realising how bad it is

he sounds like hes close to tears

i will never forget seeing the devastation IN OK...made me realise the realality of how powerfull these things are when u see 18 wheelers and houses smashed :nonono:

and metal traffic signs twisted..Mother natures deadly anger

first time I felt a lump in my throat

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Edit, Pat beat me to it! :rofl:

The video Pete posted is simply amazing :ph34r:

Edited by Smokes

Posted

I never respond to this site, living stateside, but this outbreak scares me. I hope it stays in the South East and East as some of you have suggested it would. Someone on here said I'd go to the basement and stay there. I'm feeling like that now after this huge outbreak.

Omaha Nebraska...and welcome to the chasers Friday?

Karen

u can just about hear the chaser at the end..realising how bad it is

he sounds like hes close to tears

i will never forget seeing the devastation IN OK...made me realise the realality of how powerfull these things are when u see 18 wheelers and houses smashed :nonono:

and metal traffic signs twisted..Mother natures deadly anger

first time I felt a lump in my throat

Posted

I never respond to this site, living stateside, but this outbreak scares me. I hope it stays in the South East and East as some of you have suggested it would. Someone on here said I'd go to the basement and stay there. I'm feeling like that now after this huge outbreak.

Omaha Nebraska...and welcome to the chasers Friday?

Karen

Stay safe Karren..

I think there is going to be a lull now if the GFS is correct...A quiet period coming up :whistling:

DAM!!

Paul if your on here and it was u can u re-ring me..cant get through

Edited by dogs32