Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When Did You Last Reach Double Figures?

Posted

And for you pedants, I mean double positive figures in degrees celsius.

Last time here was November 5th. I've got close since, with 9.9C reached on January 13th, and the past few days have been just over 9 degrees.

Previous years have seen the first double-digit temperature on:-

2010; March 14th

2009; Feb 27th

2008; Feb 7th (14.6C reached on the 12th!)

2007; Jan 31st

2006; March 25th

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Nothing unusual here this year. 10c breached twice in January and twice so far this month, the highest being a quite disgraceful 10.8c during the early hours of yesterday morning.

Posted

Nothing unusual here this year. 10c breached twice in January and twice so far this month, the highest being a quite disgraceful 10.8c during the early hours of yesterday morning.

oh dear TM global warming and all that-best you recolate to near OON, well somewhere a touch colder then!

here several times since the unique month of December, 6 in January and only once so far this month has it not failed to exceed 11C let alone 10C.

Posted

oh dear TM global warming and all that-best you recolate to near OON, well somewhere a touch colder then!

I'm a very happy bunny really, John. I can take the mild if it continues to rain like it did yesterday, 37.5 mm and the wettest February day here since 1977. Wonderful!

Posted

Today will be the seventh day since 13th January to reach double figures. Five of those have been above 12C with the highest on Friday which reached 14.2C.

Posted

Most of the period between 10-16 Jan and also since Tuesday has see temps around here maxing out between about 7-10 degrees. I think we have managed a few days this year at 10 degrees with I think 11 degrees the highest max.

However, most of these days have been 8 or 9 degrees. Nothing exceptionally mild, the heavy rain and clouds have put paid to any remarkable mild maxima.

Next week looks slightly cooler than the week just gone with a chance of some significantly colder air by the weekend and hopefully the return of nightime frost - I think the lowest min we have seen this month so far is a pathetic 5 or 6 degrees, above the average max.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

In Cleadon there was a two-month gap between maxima of 10C and above, spanning 13 November to 12 January inclusive, but it's been into double figures numerous times since then.

Thus it came nowhere near the 3 month gap last winter that spanned 10 December 2009 to 9 March 2010 inclusive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Almost everyday in January and everyday in February so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Right now at 11.4c after todays max of 13.7c. This in combo with my new insulation is certainly keeping the bills down!

Posted

Good gracious - I knew some places would have gone over, but I had no idea....I think I live in a fridge. it did get up to 8.7º here today, which would have felt mild had it not been for the non-stop rain for the forth consecutive day.

Posted

The fourth consecutive day above 10c today. The last time that happened in either Jan' or Feb' was in 2008 when there was a 5 day spell in early Feb'. I feel very confident that tomorrow won't provide a fifth day.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Still haven't had a double digit day, and looking at the forecast, it's going to be into March before I do.

glad i dont live in a fridge.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Oct 20th i think was last time i hit double figures here...reached the giddy heights of +0.8c yesterday...might get to double figures by the end of the month. :wallbash:

Posted

We've done it!!!!!

For the first time in 129 days, it's reached double figures and is currently 10.6º.

so the first official day of spring then?

Posted

We've done it!!!!!

For the first time in 129 days, it's reached double figures and is currently 10.6º.

I'm surprised it has taken you so long. Not too far away here we have experienced many a day hitting 10 or 11 degrees this year. Indeed the very mild wet spell in mid Jan delivered a day or two close to 11 degrees. We recorded a fair few days in Feb with temps just hitting 10 degrees albeit quite briefly. I suspect your altitude has helped create the difference and not necessarily levels of cloud cover or precipitation - indeed as to be expected it has been much wetter here and we have endured many a cloudy day. Today has been a superb day though in Cumbria with clear skies and light winds - altitude becomes much less of an issue as we head through March if the sun is out - indeed Helvellyn reported 5 degrees max this afternoon.

Conversely when it comes to deep summer - you tend to see on average slightly higher temps than here in the south lakes due mainly to the fact you see more sunshine and are more sheltered from cooling atlantic winds, though you fair worse in easterly set ups.