Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Arizona Desert Monsoon Chasing

Paul Sherman

Posted

Might have to get the Speedos Out in 2 weeks time 8) :o

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Phoenix+AZ+USAZ0166 - 5 Day Forecast little bit on the Cool Side

Today and Tonight

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Phoenix+AZ+USAZ0166

Unfortunately not the Uk :lol:

Posted

Might have to get the Speedos Out in 2 weeks time 8) :o

With the chance of rain as low as 10% you might be sitting poolside for a while :oops:

bikini_guys-5183.gif

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

With the chance of rain as low as 10% you might be sitting poolside for a while :oops:

bikini_guys-5183.gif

Er......not if I have my way ..I'll be in the nearby Spa whistling.gif

Posted

Er......not if I have my way ..I'll be in the nearby Spa whistling.gif

the budgeie smuggler look is not cool but the weather is hot :p

but it looks like weather is heading for a quite break period towards the end of the next week should work out for us with an active bust period to start our tour with.8)

Posted

but it looks like weather is heading for a quite break period towards the end of the next week should work out for us with an active bust period to start our tour with.8)

yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif Lightening Triggers at the ready !!

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

I was sold until I Googled what a Tarantula Hawk Wasp was. :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok:

Flying Scorpions, Tarantula Hawk Wasps , all manner of spiders ...........sorted diablo.gifdiablo.gif

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazing-3-Layer-Zapper-Electric-Mosquito/dp/B003JUD6V8/ref=pd_sim_lp_6

Posted

"immediate, excruciating pain that simply shuts down one's ability to do anything, except, perhaps, scream. Mental discipline simply does not work in these situations"

nice ..... :)

Posted

That looks like so much fun................... Could do with one of them at the moment.. :lol:

Posted

I dont think you'll need lightning triggers!

:) Sam

shok.gifshok.gifshok.gifshok.gif

Posted

Lol

Have seen that Numerous times in the States but usually around Supercells and not Pulse Type Storms in AZ!

Still 1 space up for grabs if anyone is brave enough to face the Tarantula Eating Hawk Wasp :help::shok:

Posted

Lol. Yeah odd for pulse storms - I'd love to see it though. If I had the money I'd come along

Massively off topic Paul, but how about a 1 off chase to see this semi-permament storm - from what I can tell where the river enters the lake the riverbed decomposes so much that the methane creates a fixed updraft - sailors have used the storm as a beacon for hundreds of years - one of the places I need to see before I pop it. http://boingboing.net/2009/08/24/venezuelas-continuou.html

Sorry al! - im back on topic now!

:) Sam

Posted

Hey Sam

The Venezuela 180 Day Permanant Thunderstorm was talked about.................But the logistics and 10 days of seeing the Same Phenomena kind of put us off doing this. Also you need to fly to Venezuela and then get about 3 Internal Flights just to reach the area.

There is a company based in Scotland that runs trips to see the Lightning but they have 10 day trips which includes about 8 days of Hiking and 1-2 days at the Lake, they also sort out the 3 Internal Flights I believe.

There is more chance of us Running a Tornado Trip to Argentina in their Season which is November- January for example, the Plains West of the Mountain range is a back to front version of the Rockies in Colorado for example, and storms move to the SW With the Hook on the NW Side :wacko: :help::rofl:

That would take some getting used too!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Sounds amazing. I have a friend in Mesa. Just been chatting to her. They had what she describes as a 'crazy' storm last night. Tons of lightening, rain, dust storms and high winds resulting in a power outtage. She loathes them but then I guess that's fair enough lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hey Sam

The Venezuela 180 Day Permanant Thunderstorm was talked about.................But the logistics and 10 days of seeing the Same Phenomena kind of put us off doing this. Also you need to fly to Venezuela and then get about 3 Internal Flights just to reach the area.

There is a company based in Scotland that runs trips to see the Lightning but they have 10 day trips which includes about 8 days of Hiking and 1-2 days at the Lake, they also sort out the 3 Internal Flights I believe.

There is more chance of us Running a Tornado Trip to Argentina in their Season which is November- January for example, the Plains West of the Mountain range is a back to front version of the Rockies in Colorado for example, and storms move to the SW With the Hook on the NW Side :wacko: :help::rofl:

Paul S

so if this venezualan 180 day storm is what i think it is, then when it rains on thursday here, i'm gonna have beans and prunes for breakfast and see what i can produce storm wise in what will be a controlled methane updraft experiment!! :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Well Jimbo I can go one better PARCHED PEAS and I am sure a Lancashire Lass will agree. Parched peas will generate lots of methane gas.

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

Hey Sam

Paul S

Ah yeah I can see why.. 3 flights would be too much for me anyway - It takes enough out of me just to get on one .. maybe oneday when (if) I've got the time to make my way there though.

Posted

so if this venezualan 180 day storm is what i think it is, then when it rains on thursday here, i'm gonna have beans and prunes for breakfast and see what i can produce storm wise in what will be a controlled methane updraft experiment!! :bad:

I am upwind of you so wont be looking forward to the Methane FartStorm coming my way on Thursday :bad:

Posted

Well Jimbo I can go one better PARCHED PEAS and I am sure a Lancashire Lass will agree. Parched peas will generate lots of methane gas.

Tom

:lol: A man after my own heart. You haven't lived unless you've tried parched peas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Tom

Wouldn't mind trying either of those, parched peas or a lancashire lass. :wub:

Can we buy these darn sarf?

Posted

Wouldn't mind trying either of those, parched peas or a lancashire lass. :wub:

Can we buy these darn sarf?

B) I would imagine so yes but don't ask for parched peas or you will get a very strange look akin to asking for a chip barm or chips & gravy :lol:

Rather than hijack the thread about parched peas lol I will pm you details