Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Supermoon Virga All Quads, But 3 April New Moon May Rock Our World

Posted

Watch out for the 3 April new moon -- the supermoon was no more than a pretty face

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Supermoon (full moon at perigee) came and went without doing much of anything in the earthquake, volcano or weather departments. My research showed full moon weather events at normal locations but without increase in their intensity. Other research suggests the lunar perigee in general is more likely to swell up high pressure by 3-5 mbs against background values, rather than being a storm enhancer.

But while supermoon was a superflop for those waiting for big doings in the earth's atmosphere or crust, the 3 April new moon aligns with much more powerful mass and angular momentum axes in the solar system. The latter feature, angular momentum, may be the big player involved in this rather than mass alone. Considerable angular momentum is stored up in the outer planets, notably Jupiter and Saturn.

The accompanying diagram sketches out the situation from 1 to 6 April, as earth and its moon move through various mass equators and axes in the solar system. Of course, the earth-moon-Sun alignment is key to ocean tides and other postulated forces on the earth's crust, but that remains almost constant from one new moon to another, or one full moon to another. What's different on 3 April is that other mass or angular momentum axes are aligned very close to the earth-sun line. This may result in strong gravitational wave interference patterns and additional stress on the earth's crust, the various plates, as well as forming a peak in the storminess index near timing lines in my research model.

On the accompanying diagram, note the positions of the J-S mass axis, the solar system mass equator (SSm) and the extended Sun-Saturn and Sun-Jupiter mass alignments.

Earth moves through all of these in rapid succession, with the new moon (1433z 3 April) followed almost immediately by transit of the solar system mass equator. This mass equator is slightly offset from the J-S axis because second-order players like Uranus, Neptune, Venus and Mars are all on the same side of the J-S axis (the lower side of the diagram) and so their net effect is to drag the equator somewhat closer to the earth-Sun line than the J-S line.

The J-S line itself passed through the Sun (in three dimensional terms not quite through the centre) back in February and is now drifting slowly "up" relative to the diagram. By 2012 that line would run through the upper left corner of the diagram and eventually it would drift away from the earth's orbital ellipse altogether as Jupiter begins to close in on Saturn gradually (as of February they were directly opposite one another).

So, watch for the period 2-6 April for possible major earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and a stronger outbreak of intense storms than was seen on 19-20 March. The secondary events are going to be superimposed on the major event of new moon, unlike the 30-33 hour separation this past full moon. This is one of the strongest energy peaks in the atmospheric research model and should result in some intense frontal systems. Anything developing over the central plains states for example is almost sure to be a major severe weather producer (in the period 1-3 April most likely).

post-4238-0-59365000-1300661820_thumb.jp

So, watch for the period 2-6 April for possible major earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and a stronger outbreak of intense storms than was seen on 19-20 March.

Is the UK at risk of anything like the storms?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I think I'll just wait and see...

My Goat's liver was undecided also Pete! (LOL).

Posted

Developing spring storm over timing line one in east-central North America, looks to have significant severe weather potential, and will also be dropping heavy snow north of its track.

Will have some reports on other intense weather systems developing elsewhere. Timing line three near Ireland has been active past 48 hours, however the "direct" response in the atmospheric-geomagnetic system is postulated to be over timing sector one.

I am searching space weather data for any clues as to details on bow shock features ahead of earth's current orbital position. Unfortunately, thirty years of repression of my research has not exactly led to an optimal coupling of research and operational space weather data in real time. Oh well, not to worry.

post-4238-0-20885200-1301722720_thumb.gi

Edited by Roger J Smith

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A intense shower today does that count ??? At one time going at 120 mm per hour.

Posted

Nothing too "earth-shaking" yet but this new moon has generally outperformed the supermoon on both the weather and earthquake fronts.

During April 3 (UTC) there were two fairly large earthquakes near Java (6.9) and Fiji (6.4) as well as the earlier 5.9 near Crete.

There was a major weather system on timing line one in central-eastern NA and active weather in Ireland and parts of the U.K. on April 2-3.

So I feel the general premise is correct, the phasing of primary and secondary energy peaks has proved more significant than one unsupported lunar energy peak alone. The active period is not over yet, I defined it to be April 2 to 6 and so a final tally awaits. Looking at the detailed earthquake records for Japan I noticed that there was a minor cluster of earthquakes around sunset April 4 (Japan time) which would be around 09z April 4 GMT. This is part of the continuing series of occasional aftershocks of the major quake on March 11th (UT). If you have not already seen this elsewhere, it's worth a look:

http://www.japanquakemap.com/

(JST is 9 hours ahead of GMT)

Edited by Roger J Smith

Posted

Nothing too "earth-shaking" yet but this new moon has generally outperformed the supermoon on both the weather and earthquake fronts.

During April 3 (UTC) there were two fairly large earthquakes near Java (6.9) and Fiji (6.4) as well as the earlier 5.9 near Crete.

There was a major weather system on timing line one in central-eastern NA and active weather in Ireland and parts of the U.K. on April 2-3.

So I feel the general premise is correct, the phasing of primary and secondary energy peaks has proved more significant than one unsupported lunar energy peak alone. The active period is not over yet, I defined it to be April 2 to 6 and so a final tally awaits. Looking at the detailed earthquake records for Japan I noticed that there was a minor cluster of earthquakes around sunset April 4 (Japan time) which would be around 09z April 4 GMT. This is part of the continuing series of occasional aftershocks of the major quake on March 11th (UT). If you have not already seen this elsewhere, it's worth a look:

http://www.japanquakemap.com/

(JST is 9 hours ahead of GMT)

I've been sneezing a lot lately and that probably has as much to do with it as the moon and its

energy peaks. coincidence pure and simply.Question... Do people really believe this stuff.

The UK saw an increase of earthquakes leading up to the new moon since then they have decreased. When I say earthquakes I mean just 1 to 2 on the scale. Just interesting but then no evidence suggests the moon done this.

Posted

Really?

UK Earthquakes in the last 30 days

Updated: 11/04/2011 14:30

Epicenter Near Magnitude Distance to Epicenter Local Time

WIGAN,GTR MANCHESTER 1.8 198 mi (318 km) 08/04/2011 14:55

STRAIT OF DOVER 2.2 54 mi (87 km) 08/04/2011 06:21

NORWEGIAN COAST 2.6 691 mi (1112 km)03/04/2011 02:23

CASTLE DOUGLAS,D AND 1.0 312 mi (502 km) 01/04/2011 19:23

BLACKPOOL,LANCASHIRE 2.3 224 mi (360 km) 01/04/2011 03:34

ISLAY,ARGYLL AND BUT 1.3 413 mi (665 km) 30/03/2011 00:21

INVERNESS,HIGHLAND 2.4 461 mi (741 km) 29/03/2011 12:13

SOUND OF JURA 1.6 396 mi (638 km) 26/03/2011 16:09

SOUTHERN NORTH SEA 2.1 127 mi (204 km) 24/03/2011 21:03

BROMYARD,HEREFORDSHI 1.3 142 mi (228 km) 23/03/2011 05:37

SOUTHERN NORTH SEA 2.0 131 mi (211 km) 22/03/2011 20:10

KIDDERMINSTER,WORCS 1.3 134 mi (216 km) 21/03/2011 12:33

BRADWELL,DERBYSHIRE 1.4 166 mi (267 km) 18/03/2011 10:27

SOUTHERN NORTH SEA 2.1 128 mi (206 km) 17/03/2011 21:47

NORTHERN FRANCE 2.1 243 mi (391 km) 15/03/2011 11:17

http://www.hebwx.co.uk/wxquakeUK.php

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/recent_events/recent_events.html

Posted

Looks like a normal spread of events to me, excepting two separate ones on the same day last Friday.....

Frequency, not size :whistling: