Coast

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Hughsey, April 11, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Hughsey, April 11, 2011 - No reason given

geez just tried to open my bedroom door and i could barely open it due to the wind coming in through the window. Wind really picked up with light rain and some very dark clouds to the west. not convinced ill see a storm though/.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

few more cb have Build up here :D

Yep stu , i can see something forming on the other side of the Lammermuirs. Nothing here atm , just sunny with a few clouds around

Edit (Pic added and yes i do agree , they need to clean there chimney stack! :lol:)

No1.jpg

Edited by Calum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nice Littte cb here but dont think it will do anything

To classify this as a Cb would be a touch emphatic IMO.

Its definitely a Cu from what I can see, it's nothing more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Nice Littte cb here but dont think it will do anything

Stu, that picture is about 7 times bigger than my screen.

Posted

NW lightning detector picking up activity, though not showing where it occurred.

Add to that, the MetO radar has been down since 1.30pm this afternoon, grrr!

Not to add too much salt to the wounds, meteoalarm has a lightning warning out for Iceland!!! lol

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

beefy shower has fired up to the west of me (ST19)....has had a sferic or two associated with it, the core of it has just passed through Telford and will pass a couple of miles to my south, but a nice anvil, and should get a sharp shower from it...

post-4149-0-88347100-1302539224.txt

Posted

That cell passed me to the north aj, looks quite impresssive tbf. Looks like it could hit you more or less head on. That sferic was way south of me looks like on the Welsh border around Knighton way.

Posted

Monstrous skies to the N/W of London - looks very stormy!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Big angry cell heading towards N Birmingham at the momment :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

That cell passed me to the north aj, looks quite impresssive tbf. Looks like it could hit you more or less head on. That sferic was way south of me looks like on the Welsh border around Knighton way.

Its passing a few miles to my south, through north wolverhampton, walsall and towards Great Barr......I'm sure I can hear faint, distant rumbles coming from it

Posted

Front seems to have stirred up something North of London, gone very dark to my WNW, the front is very well defined by a quite angry and turbulent looking cloud base.

EDIT: And its passage is accompanied by torrential rain and strong winds, wasn't expecting that!

Edited by Noctilucid

Posted

was half expecting some lightning detectors around the Uk to pick up some action but appears to be nothing as of yet.

Edited by Snow_Lover123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There's some limited convection in Norwich asspciated with this system, a fair amount of TCu going up and dark skies, but only translating to light-moderate showers so far. I saw some altocumulus castellanus earlier this morning and suspected then that if this was midsummer there would probably be thunderstorms over East Anglia and I stand by that suspicion.

With sunshine and 20C earlier, overall quite an interesting day for weather here, but I'm not expecting any major convective storms in the coming hours.

Posted

Had that shower pass over here a short while ago, accompanied by small-size hail on the leading edge and two rainbows! Nice! Kept my eyes on it for a fair while in the hope of seeing the odd flash of lightning, but I didn't, sadly.

Must say, I'm rather surprised with the amount of discussion that's taken place in here today... were we expecting thunderstorms?!

:lol:

Unfortunately on radar, it seemed to die a death as it approached Brum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Had a small convective shower today, Passed through quickly, Went quite dark.

Not quite storm weather at the moment.. Lets hope this year delivers!

Posted

Had that shower pass over here a short while ago, accompanied by small-size hail on the leading edge and two rainbows! Nice! Kept my eyes on it for a fair while in the hope of seeing the odd flash of lightning, but I didn't, sadly.

Must say, I'm rather surprised with the amount of discussion that's taken place in here today... were we expecting thunderstorms?!

:lol:

Expecting I think is overstatement - but it did appear that there were going to be some ingredients around for thunderstorms - some moisture, decent dew points, a cold front, increasing lapse rates...indeed, there was a lot of CIN brought about by the HP to our south, but some ingredients after 6 months of naff all will start some discussion, lol

Indeed, there have been a few convective bits starting up at different places around the UK - odd sferic here and there.

About 15 mins ago, I thought I saw a bright flash to the far East of here where the horizon is some what dark (in relation to the darkening sky I might add lol). This ties in with increasing precip earlier on (what's operational) of the MetO radar.

On my walk to the station (about 6.30) there were some nice looking skies - long, ropey clouds almost like horizontal funnels, streaming into what was deceptively like angry skies. There were some rain curtains and it did look as if something to kick off...alas, no luck.

Still, showery evening in prospect for some. Certaintly post front some Cu bubbling up around here, but inevitably too for anything of interest.