Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Another great hay day to finish baling the last batch sunny and sea breeze from the north so maximum of 18c.Todays hay very dry so will not need to cure for long almost barn dried hay today. As August starts next week we will turn our attention to getting ready for harvest at the end of the month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloudy all day here but not feeling cool after a relatively mild night. A couple of humid days and nights to come I think.

Posted

Been a reasonable day, now 18C and still overcast.

Reasonably warm for the rest of the week with the risk of showers possibly thundery.

Posted

A reasonable weekend and now feeling warm and humid. Ok it's cloudy but at least it feels nice.

Posted

Was at Ullapool, Gairloch and Torridon today...weather was fantastic.

Back home and its grey 15C and drizzly. Yuck!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Not good on the East side today. 26 mms rain here. :80:

Posted

Evening all, just back in from the jollies...., left Alicante at 11:30am it was 32C whistling.gif clear skies and a light NE breeze. Arrived at Newcastle to be put in a holding pattern out in the North Sea to wait for a squally shower to pass through.., must have been bad as we landed in torrential rain, and to top it off, the airline kindly left our luggage and my golf clubs in Alicante!. wallbash.gif

Pretty much 19C all the way up, lots of haar, and arrived to a grey and damp Bonnybidge, ahhhh, back to normal summer weather then! crazy.gif (PS SS my grass is looking great now, although needs an cut as looking more like NL's hay fields)

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Evening all, just back in from the jollies...., left Alicante at 11:30am it was 32C whistling.gif clear skies and a light NE breeze. Arrived at Newcastle to be put in a holding pattern out in the North Sea to wait for a squally shower to pass through.., must have been bad as we landed in torrential rain, and to top it off, the airline kindly left our luggage and my golf clubs in Alicante!. wallbash.gif

Pretty much 19C all the way up, lots of haar, and arrived to a grey and damp Bonnybidge, ahhhh, back to normal summer weather then! crazy.gif (PS SS my grass is looking great now, although needs an cut as looking more like NL's hay fields)

Welcome back Cheggers!

Would like to say you missed something.....but apart from the odd day......unfortunately not!

Do hope your luggage and clubs catch up with you soon.

Another humid cloudy evening. 15C

Posted

Welcome back to the damp dull dreich dog days of summer here. Hay fields are now empty very lucky with weather here last week although keeping track of the forecasts on netweather certainly helps decision making.Now all we need is some sustained dry weather at the end of August begining of September for the harvest,crop not very ripe yet but if Mr. Murr is right on the model thread then a frost about the 12th of August will rapidly hasten the ripening process.On that subject ordered a new set of winter tyres yesterday for 1st October and it seems the message is getting across as the local supplier has an order book already. Also planning autumn ploughing even earlier this year as after yet another very changeable summer would not be surprised to see a similar winter to the last 3. Currently dull and misty at 15c.

Posted

Nice day here, jungle tamed in prep for the wet day tomorrow. Temp topped 22C (1C higher than my AC was set last week shok.gif.)

NL, rumour has it that some area's round you are being advised to boil water due to e-coli in the water?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

I have to admit July has been great, all things considering... it was a bit of a notorious month in the past summers. Possibli because we has such an awful May... which is my best month for sunshine. That and september.

Not had much rain here, though more is forecast and alot of sunshine.

Cheggers I love your signature... fantastic!

Posted

Rather pleasant yesterday with good periods of sunshine.

Showers earlier, grey day 14C....

Grass too wet to cut......:wallbash:

Yes read there was an Ecoli risk Cheggers.

People in parts of Scotland have been advised to boil their water after E.coli bacteria were found in the local supply.

Scottish Water said a "small number" of the bacteria were found during routine testing.

It has advised households and businesses in Burghead, Kinloss and Findhorn in Moray to boil their water before using it for drinking or food preparation.

http://www.stirlingobserver.co.uk/stirling-news/scottish-news/2011/08/03/call-to-boil-water-amid-e-coli-risk-51226-29175347/

Posted

Nice day here, jungle tamed in prep for the wet day tomorrow. Temp topped 22C (1C higher than my AC was set last week shok.gif.)

NL, rumour has it that some area's round you are being advised to boil water due to e-coli in the water?

Thanks for the warning the outbreak is just to the east of us and does not supply our area.In 2000 we reconnected our old spring fed well for our supply as the water rates shot up from £300/year to £3000/year in a period of 4 years in the late ninties.Initial cost was £2000 and every 5 or 6 years £800 for a new pump

Perfectly clear tested spring water but high in calcium for farm use

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

Weather Summary

Today, an increasingly sunny picture, though cooler than of late.

Tomorrow and Sunday... Rain from the west

Monday and into next week... high pressure settling things down again! yay!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Evening all...

Back in from travels tonight, restocked at Atac near Dijon before hitting the ferry which was the main priority. Had every type of weather possible apart from snow/sleet in 3 weeks: weather highlights were pitching a tent in a downpour, a good drenching on a Welsh mountain, thud & blunder in Suffolk & repeated sunburn on mountains north of Grenoble. Max temp the car showed was 32C early one morning passing through the Isere valley, min was 6C at 900m nearby the following night. Thank you Nissan for keeping the car's aircon working, don't know how we coped when we were kids.

The garden here looks like the weather's been warm & wet - the lawn's well up and everyting else is coming on nicely, including the runner beans that looked decidedly pathetic 3 weeks ago.

Posted

Welcome back HC.......and glad you got your luggage back Cheggers.

Not bad a morning 15C.... heavy rain forecast later today. Feel sorry for those at Belladrum they will get a soaking tonight!!!

Posted

Sunny here just now at 17c. Some hefty shower clouds around but no sign yet of the [amber warning] rain to come.

Posted

A warm humid mostly cloudy day. Waiting for the rain to arrive later.

Posted

Very overcast and humid currently 16c. My favourite expression at this time of the year is "the dog days of summer I wish they were over" roll on the autumn with cooler fresher air as for someone who was a bit asthmatic as a child this is really uncomfortable weather. The garden looks a bit tropical all the wet weather diseases are about,lots of seed tattie fields are being chopped and dessicated because of blight and blackleg.Roundupped fields of winter rapoe are getting blacker by the day and the pods are in danger of spitting in any brief dry spells and the seed scattered on the ground as combines are prevented from operating by the very showery weather.Maybe the heavy rain on the way tonight will help freshen the air up as it really feels as if there is a storm on the way tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well despite the humidity, Ms HC has got 4 lots of washing done today & it's still not raining. My advice earlier about looking out for rain was recently derided: 'thought you said it was going to rain?' Overnight perhaps.