Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

still pretty windy, some light rain and feeling pretty chilly out. More of the same this week :(.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Wind & showers, repeat till dead. There were some good autumn colours in the trees a few days ago but they've been pretty well shredded in a lot of places. Off to the backcountry again for a few days tomorrow.

Wind & showers, repeat till dead. There were some good autumn colours in the trees a few days ago but they've been pretty well shredded in a lot of places. Off to the backcountry again for a few days tomorrow.

Hi HC, if you want a weather chart to back up your refrain of "Wind & showers", here it is (Today's 12z ensemble mean + spread SLP at +120hrs):

post-2844-0-06560600-1317766509_thumb.pn

In this case a picture paints 6 words...wind and showers, repeat til dead.

Posted

Hi HC, if you want a weather chart to back up your refrain of "Wind & showers", here it is (Today's 12z ensemble mean + spread SLP at +120hrs):

post-2844-0-06560600-1317766509_thumb.pn

In this case a picture paints 6 words...wind and showers, repeat til dead.

Aye more windy showery weather........today being a prime example with temps at 13C and more of the same forecast.

Posted

If it keeps up we will all be walking with permanent anoraks and a 77 degree forward lean!!!

Same as Gilly I think, wet, windy and miserable.

Surprised Mondy not surfaced with this Atlantic onslaught!

Posted

Far enough east today to miss all the showers and the strong wind dried up the ground well to allow the assistant farm manager(my son) to finish taking in the last of the straw bales so harvest 2011 is finally over. Currently moonlit, breezy and 8c

Posted

Down to 5c this morning with some very wintry looking showers highlighted by the rising sun to the west of me. Just looked at some of the mountain webcams and they are showing a covering of fresh snow on the tops .Will try to get some photos from here later.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

about 10mins ago it got as dark as night here in South Lanarkshire with thunder lightning and hail stones brilliant clapping.gif

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Think we will get our first frost next week in the Central Belt. Good to see the white stuff on the mountains again.

Posted

about 10mins ago it got as dark as night here in South Lanarkshire with thunder lightning and hail stones brilliant clapping.gif

Good wasnt it..shame the lightning didnt last longer though...whole heap of heavy showers sitting to the NW so hopefully there will be more :)

Posted

Thought it was sleat here in Edinburgh. Just big heavy drops. I am expecting some on the Pentlands shortly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The Perthshire and Angus tops are also white this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Some blustery hail showers here this morning and a max temp of just 9.6C. Looking quite interesting for here on Friday evening with 528DAM just touching here, 0 deg isotherm at about 700ft and -5 uppers. I think we might see something wintry.

Posted

Ah.......I remember tartan paint very well Cheggers..........LOLOLOL I believe every new apprentice used to get an introduction to it!!!

Blooming cold out tonight......6C I wouldn't get too excited about snow tonight........other than to very high levels.

ps check out the Traffic Scotland Webcam!!............I do believe that is the "white stuff"

Posted

Got the tin from work, and I do think it may have been used in the past for that reason, as we get quite a few over the year.

After last weeks little interlude of warmth, tonight a wee bit of a Baltic shock. currently 6C here to. cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I was just playing around with some climate data and came across this chart:

g20111006_2137_19318_1.png

October snowcover correlated with Scottish winter temperature. Given how much we hear about the relationship between NH snowcover and winter temperature I thought this might be an interesting chart to throw into the argument.

Posted

Was going to post our wee KiltedWeather page we made earlier in the year, but the buggers on trafficscotland have changed their cam page links, so got some work to do to update everything, and will release i time for the start of Winter.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Chilly with an overnight min of 5.9C and the current temp is 6.8C. Falls back in the showers though which are blustery and wintry in nature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Chilly with an overnight min of 5.9C and the current temp is 6.8C. Falls back in the showers though which are blustery and wintry in nature.

GFS has -6c uppers reaching you tonight, so temperatures should gradually drop aswell - especially under showers. I'd put money on snow/rain and snow tonight.