• Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

I think we captured the same cell at the same time :clap:

I got it tooo!

post-12157-0-42093100-1303577853_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Nothing here. quite disappointed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Supercell now in west Essex, heading North.

This pic taken 5 minutes ago, approx 10 miles due west of Basildon. Full of sferics, shame it's gonna miss me!!!

post-12190-0-58090600-1303577270_thumb.j

I wouldnt quite call its a supercell.. But its a nice CB

While they do happen then the UK ( Very rare ), That is not one of them.

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

While the stuff towards Cardiff and beyond is spreading out into something really impressive, my area looks like missing out completely. If the sun could go down some lightning might be visible but sadly not the case at the moment.

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1UcIzml0EI

A quick time lapse of the storm that is up over london at mo... (from bathroom window)

meanwhile storm south of me is dying a death but the one north of me is absolutly going ballistic... check millwall match on sky at mo.. keeps showing the sky..

Posted

This is going to be a cracking storm. Frequent lightning to the North, very slow moving. Could be some big rain totals from this. Three strikes whilst typing this message.

Posted

yeah got it too moving down to my laptop ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

is it me or is everything heading SE now? that means i will miss out again.

Posted

Just heard a very loud rumble here in Camden (NW1). Raining lightly though. Dark cloud to the south of us currently. I gather this is the cell that was heard in Battersea.

Posted

Can see some lovely CB's to my North and NW..

Looks like someones gonna get very wet.

Posted

endless rumbles from a new forming localised cell getting great roars

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hmm....very interesting looking radar, a lot of lower level wind shear on that multicell cluster on the welsh borders....it's unlikely to affect me, but the NW radar GFS overlay is showing nearly 90 degrees wind shear between the 1000hpa & 850hpa boundaries (lower level winds)....1st of all, how accurate are the GFS overlays?... and 2ndly, if accurate.....possibilities of funnel clouds/ weak tornadoes forming?

Posted

hmm....very interesting looking radar, a lot of lower level wind shear on that multicell cluster on the welsh borders....it's unlikely to affect me, but the NW radar GFS overlay is showing nearly 90 degrees wind shear between the 1000hpa & 850hpa boundaries (lower level winds)....1st of all, how accurate are the GFS overlays?... and 2ndly, if accurate.....possibilities of funnel clouds/ weak tornadoes forming?

That is indeed a lovely looking MCS, I thinks thats what i can see to my NW / N.. Very pretty, Theres some lovely grey towers going up infront of the CB's looks great.

Re: funnels.. Why not... You have more chance from a MCS imo, Although im not sure how strong the shear is ?

Posted

ok.. quick update... HEELLPP im surrounded... Storm north of me is dropping bolts every 15 secs.... dont worry im filming it.. hope it all comes out.. storm south of me is quite rumble every now and then but i reckon the one north of me is sucking it dry possibly... Now another storm is going nuts west of me, odd crack now and then... id say its just east of heathrow.. keeping an eye on that as well... so as you can see.. im in this hole in the middle :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ah probably forget that, they're becoming less organised...nice thought though, if only the latest radar grab had actually been 5 hours ago!

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The scattered showers and storms have been well NW and north of here (Rugby) during the mid to late afternoon. Now though they are breaking out just to the SW and in a rough line towards Gloucestershire.