Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion UK

Coast

Posted

You all saying "guess that's it for today". The storms were rumbling 'til after 9pm last night in the NW.

Yes, but nothing has formed all day here, and we're now after the peak time for developments. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Temp is now down to 23c.......and we have thunder in the distance.

Getting some really good photo's of these cells moving in/past.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

ok, im up for round 2 another storm moveing south east towards me looks to go down towards reading though sorry!

Posted

So, it looks like that's today done and dusted. How disappointing, we've had nothing here at all. This really is a rubbish place to be for weather.

I beg to differ, Not had a cloud blot the sun out in over 1 week here and all the Storms have been inland, there is no cape and it is capped to death on the coast.

Last saw Lightning here back in 2009 :lol: :rofl:

Posted

pretty rubbish down here a few rumbles of thunder. at one point it looked like it was going to go mad but just a few drops of rain??? is there still time for cells to develop?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The Cotswold cells SW of here, are pretty much static and dying before they get here,

Posted

I beg to differ, Not had a cloud blot the sun out in over 1 week here and all the Storms have been inland, there is no cape and it is capped to death on the coast.

Last saw Lightning here back in 2009 :lol: :rofl:

Okay, okay, I see your point. :lol:

Posted

The storm to the north of here just died a death. Still very dark though with the odd blob of tropical rain. A real shame as it was producing frequent forked lightning 4-5 a minute.

Posted

Bedfordshire storms also visible from Rugby some 50 miles SE.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Okay, okay, I see your point. :lol:

Lol..................So me is getting in the car shortly and Tripod in hand and Camera set to Manual am off to get me some Night-Time Lightning as the Meto have extended their warnings to 11pm

Posted

fantastic storm here, garden flooded and car alarms going off, didnt expect this, and i thought i was lucky today with saints beating brighton :drinks:

Edited by Cableguy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

that storms rotating :o :o :o :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

personally, I think all these mid wales cells should have taken 'precautions' because despite hours of flashes and, ahem....banging, all they have left me with are disowned and orphaned cirrus anvils....:whistling::lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Lol..................So me is getting in the car shortly and Tripod in hand and Camera set to Manual am off to get me some Night-Time Lightning as the Meto have extended their warnings to 11pm

Where you going to be heading for Paul?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think it's time to stop hoping here. All the cells around me are distancing themselves. Just a pleasant evening on the patio having the BBQ.

Posted

Can see 2 Anvils here, back edge has reached me off the one. Wind realy picked up and going realy dark. Hoping to get something! fingers crossed :0)

Posted

all gone very quite here now... just like somebody said "thats enough..." and took the plug out!! :wallbash:

Posted

I can honestly not see why the Met Office included me in the risk zone for tonight until 11pm. Can anyone explain where these late storms are coming from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Any idea what is happening over the North East, overcast here over Shotton, not heard any thunder yet. Looking at the Rader looks like I am stuck in between something to the east and what looks like a front further west. Lightning indicates that I had lightning but I have been out and not heard any thunder,