Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Live Video Streaming - Chase 2011

Paul

Posted

Maybe you're just unlucky with the times you're trying to use it as the system is definitely working fine when they have a signal.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Streams back up .!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

where are they heading>?

Posted

Looks like they're trying to get on the southern side of the cell that just to the southwest of them.

In fact maybe not..

Posted

Something odd happening there Stu, you're right - works ok in chrome and firefox though. Will have to get Karl to check it when he's back at work on Tuesday :)

Posted

not updateing for me i am using internet exp 9

worked ok for me on ie9 but seemed a bit slow to load in fact quite a few

of websites that i visit seem slow to load on ie9 perhaps ms need to roll out some updates for it

as they will hopefully sooner rather than later unless of course they want site managers to update there code

Edited by gpspete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Is the stream actually live at the moment? It says online but I can't get it to play, when I click on the play arrow nothing happens? It was working fine for me a few days ago. :cc_confused:

Posted

As is noted on the page, it's via a mobile connection so just be patient when it isn't connecting as it'll be online soon.

Posted

As is noted on the page, it's via a mobile connection so just be patient when it isn't connecting as it'll be online soon.

Noted! Just appeared to be online as there were some comments in the Facebook section that suggested people were viewing it... will hang on and hope I can view it soon. If not on my laptop then will pinch other half's Windows netbook. :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Cloudless skies presently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Working perfectly for me on ie8 however there is not a cloud in the sky so those who can't watch at the moment don't dispair !

Posted

Stream working perfectly, hope the guys manage a few twisters today :drinks:

Posted

Can't get it to work at all, despite clearing cookies/cache. Very disappointing, no idea why it won't work when it did for me about 5 days ago.:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Can't get it to work at all, despite clearing cookies/cache. Very disappointing, no idea why it won't work when it did for me about 5 days ago.:(

Same here, I've found the live streaming incredibly frustrating...I can't figure out what the problem is, I've only managed to get streaming on one occasion so far!....I'm using Windows 7 64bit, firefox v4, bullguard security suite, and ccleaner (which I use to clear cache/history after every browsing session) ...just seems to be permanently on the 'loading' screen

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Guys, it's written there on the page:

Video stream jumping or not connecting?As the streaming is reliant on a mobile broadband connection there may be occasion when the signal is low or drops out, so if you're finding it won't connect or isn't running smoothly please be patient as it will improve once the signal returns to full strength.

It's currently on line...

I'll also add - if you're blocking ads it won't load. It's expensive to stream both in terms of bandwidth for viewing and the streaming itself so we have to use an ad at the beginning to cover that cost. The mechanism works as such that the ad will want to play before the stream will load, so block that and the stream won't come through.

Posted

I'll also add - if you're blocking ads it won't load. It's expensive to stream both in terms of bandwidth for viewing and the streaming itself so we have to use an ad at the beginning to cover that cost. The mechanism works as such that the ad will want to play before the stream will load, so block that and the stream won't come through.

I think it's the ads that's the problem here - it's the last thing that is trying to load and after that I just get an unresponsive play button. That would explain why it doesn't work on all 3 of our different operating systems, because our proxy has ads blocked. Might see if other half can unblock that particular ad site. I do recall viewing the ads last year though before the live stream.

Posted

Problem solved! It was the ads, we allowed the particular ad supplier through our proxy and now I am watching the live stream! Never has blue sky looked so good. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Why not have streaming with that video player and videos that are not streamed via youtube? :whistling:

It seems to me as if those ad's are annoying more and more people on the forum, I don't think i can stand one more Sun Cream advert!. It's why i ignored many of the video's last year and just waited till the end of the season and watched the best bits on youtube :drinks:

Edited by Victor Meldrew